What did you use your flashlight for today?

kbuzbee

Enlightened
Ours is similar, in that it has a front grate to pop off, but the coils are so close together that I would have to force that brush between them, and ofcourse as soon as I do that Mr. Murphy will show up, demonstrating his law. :(

Ha, no doubt. ;) It works great on ours, though. They are spaced, maybe an inch apart? It slides right in.

Ken

Poppy

Flashaholic
Last week I used my leaf blower to blow out any lint buildup out of my dryer vent. While at the same time snaking it out with a wire snake. I try to do that twice a year. Don't want any fires, because THAT would be bad. :whistle:

groutboy_1

Enlightened
The usual, Used Fenix TK 15 s2 at 400Lms for a Trash run to the dumpster...& of course....Shine it around the neighborhood...Plenty of foreclosed, abandon, or condemned apartment buildings leftover by landlords who invested poorly......

Ishango

Enlightened
The past few days we have been walking around the lake (through dense forest and some large open fields) at night again (1,5 hours walk). I used my Elzetta Alpha (mostly on low) and Eagletac D25A (on low) the most. My so used my Foursevens QPA (on low mostly as well). I carried my M22 Warrior for when I needed a little bit more throw pr power (there are several routes, but sometimes you have to search for a passage in the dense growth). It was nice walking outside.

wjv

Enlightened
Wife, two daughters, the dog and myself were camping out on the Long Beach Peninsula (WA State) and took a walk on the beach around 10:00 PM.

Wife and I each had a Fenix LD22 (215 Lumens); 10 year old daughter had the Fenix TK15 (337 lumen version); 14 year old daughter had the Fenix PD32 (315 lumens)

We wandered around the beach and the dunes for an hour or so, in complete darkness except for our flashlights. The LD22s were ok for walking around and seeing ~100 or so feet in front of us, but neither had the range or punch of the TK15 or the PD32.

I also had my S&W Model 442 with a Crimson Trace laser on it and since we were the only people for a half mile or more in any direction, I briefly tried out the laser to get an idea of its range and was quite impressed! It easily "out threw" the TK15.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Nice story Bill,
The NJ gun laws are so restrictive I might as well live in the UK. :(

I've been out of guns for so long I had to look up "S&W Model 442 with a Crimson Trace laser on it" ah yes... a Chief's Special, with a concealed hammer... Nice gun... :thumbsup:
Boy those lasers have come a long way too!

Jeffg330

Newly Enlightened
So i went to my neighbors garage as he and another neighbor were working on a car. One guy was holding some kind of cheap generic LED for the other. I of course took the opportunity to show off and offered up my Zebra Sc52 so they could see better :naughty: He took it and made a comment about he "doubts this tiny thing would help much", he clicks it on to Hi2 and says "wow". I tell him to double click and he says "holy S@&$ when he sees Hi1.

Within short order he's on his smart phone ordering his own Zebra from Amazon. Good stuff

mks195

Newly Enlightened
If you have a plexiglass case, you are a Flashaholic! :twothumbs

Yah, I guess so :D... being retired for 10+ years now, the Mrs. doesn't mind if I add a toy or two every now and then
(or, maybe doesn't notice, because I keep the case cluttered with other stuff :grin2:).

GearDog

Newly Enlightened
Today is still young, but yesterday I helped my wife look for her car keys in some shadowy places. The day before that I gazed into a hole in a wall I was trying to run wire through. The day before that I was studying the underside of a bike seat trying to figure out how it attached. Another day I turned the beam on some very tiny print so I could ready it better. Everyday the flashlight finds a use!

Richub

Enlightened
My neighbour bought one of these ceiling mounted, battery-powered LED lights with a motion sensor to use in his shed which has no AC power.
My TK35 UE came in handy to provide enough light to allow him to safely mount it to the ceiling. He could have done this in bright daylight, but he chose to wait til dawn, so he could ask me to bring that TK35 to help him. ;)

Something tells me he's a flashaholic in the making. :)

And it's snail & slug time here again... So I'll be using my E05 everyday to avoid stepping in those big brown slugs that crawl around in the alley behind our block.
They are actually quite beautiful, like on this picture:

slug.jpg

But you better not step on one, you'll be spending too much time cleaning your shoe after that happens, YEGH!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used mine as a "security beacon" while on vacation last week. Went for a swim and jacuzzi at the hotel at night, which was still reasonably busy. Clipped my Quark to my iPhone case which also contained some cash, credit cards and room card/key. Pointed the light on moonlight mode toward my general direction while using the facilities which made for a discrete, yet very effective, security light/beacon. The mild glow in my peripheral vision was comforting to see as people passed, and it put my mind at ease.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wasn't far from it, and of course I can't my phone in the pool while swimming around. It was the next best thing to be able spot it instantly.

Nicrod2

Newly Enlightened
I used my black NovaTac 120P 5000K XML2 to look around the perimeter of the house for Black Widows.

Nick

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Yesterday night, Used my newly energized Lumapower d mini vx2 with rechargeable 3.6v batteries! Ramped it up to 623-650lms! Big noticeable difference from cr123@! Used it to go to my car! Shined it on abandoned buildings! Defiant a real difference! it appears to be pumping out at least 625Lms!

ven

Flashaholic
Great pic radiopej:)

Fitted clip to my works t10s and tried out the fenix e25 with burst. Little getting used to modes with the press and hold then returning to memory mode. But it works,think i prefer the older e25 187lm version for user ease by a small margin. Burst treated as almost instant does have advantages in my work

Longer clip on the t10s fed on a 14500 efest:D awesome little solid light...........

Of course i used the sr51 for inspections,finding on low mode it sips the lithium fuel very frugally :grin2:

Latest posts