What did you use your flashlight for today?

Mark.K

Newly Enlightened
My twin grandsons, 4 months old, visited us over the long weekend. The night light in the wall socket just wasn't enough. But my Nitecore EC21 on a tail stand with the 1L moonlight reflected off the ceiling with a soft, even glow, all night long. It was just right for taking care of a fussy baby. The moms were impressed. I slept!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Girlfriend asked if I had something less bright (meaning the 40w bedside lamp). Without hesitation I got Mr. Elfin to help. She said it was a great idea. I won't need my Plenty-of-Fish account anymore.

uofaengr

Enlightened
Use my L11C N219b almost daily looking in cabinets at wiring. Perfect light for this.

ven

Flashaholic
Been using my CQvn xpg2 5000k every day in work for inspections ,sits in my p1d and either lowest or next level up is more than adequate. Just such a useful wall off light with great colour rendition.

Xiphex

Newly Enlightened
I heard a Mosquito buzzing near my ear, took my Nitecore MH20 to hunt that bug down, 10 minutes later, turns out it was resting on my wardrobe blending in with the brown frame. Down the toilet mosquito goes. Relentless, I know. On a positive note: I let out house flies and Ants.

Last edited:

Dex Robinson

Newly Enlightened
I was changing the oil filter on my old Triumph TR250 (an operation commonly likened to the Exxon Valdez disaster) when my trouble-light crapped out at a critical moment. I clipped my PD32 to the battery hold down strap and continued working.

P7097949_zpsxtk4rasl.jpg

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Had a 35 minute power outage this morning. When using the bathroom, I tail-stood my JetBeam WL-S4 and ceiling bounced all 2600 glorious lumens. Man, that MTG2 emitter is Maximus Beefius! (I know, I know. There are plenty of other lights out there w/ more lumens. But hardly any w/ that much light out of ONE led)

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Used the keychain Fenix LD01 to assist with a faucet replacement. Could have gotten other lights, but that was on my person and sufficient for the task.

kj2

Flashaholic
Used my Thrunite TN36vn to walk the dog. Had been a while since I used it. On the highest mode, it's just ridiculously bright :D

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
Used my Thrunite TN12 2014 NW and Thrunite TN4A NW for an overnight security job at a construction site. Definitely happy with the performance of both lights and well worth every cent spent on these two lights.

ven

Flashaholic
Used my Thrunite TN36vn to walk the dog. Had been a while since I used it. On the highest mode, it's just ridiculously bright :D

It's such a great light,love the solid feel and nice ano that reminds me of some olights(very good). Hopefully get some use with mine when get chance to go camping. Love the press and hold from off for moonlight,great for a bedroom side light.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my Fenix TK75vnkt to impress some friends during a walk home the other night. Had to be careful to not blind anyone else down the street though!

kj2

Flashaholic
It's such a great light,love the solid feel and nice ano that reminds me of some olights(very good). Hopefully get some use with mine when get chance to go camping. Love the press and hold from off for moonlight,great for a bedroom side light.
Solid feel and the knurling is great! :D

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a 35 minute power outage this morning. When using the bathroom, I tail-stood my JetBeam WL-S4 and ceiling bounced all 2600 glorious lumens. Man, that MTG2 emitter is Maximus Beefius! (I know, I know. There are plenty of other lights out there w/ more lumens. But hardly any w/ that much light out of ONE led)

Lol, so excessive! Sub 100 is mostly GTG for latrine! :)

Last edited:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Heard some loud knocking on a window this evening. Walked outside with the LD01 in hand to observe a confused cicada repeatedly try to fly through a window this evening. I initially feared more for the window than the cicada.

markr6

Flashaholic
Heard some loud knocking on a window this evening. Walked outside with the LD01 in hand to observe a confused cicada repeatedly try to fly through a window this evening. I initially feared more for the window than the cicada.

Oh geez those will be coming out soon here in Indiana. At first they're kind of nice, a sound of summer. After awhile though, they're just annoying. I remember my family coming down from northern MI once, and we were sitting out back. My cousin was like "what the hell is that sound?!?!" I always figured they were everywhere.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh geez those will be coming out soon here in Indiana. At first they're kind of nice, a sound of summer. After awhile though, they're just annoying. I remember my family coming down from northern MI once, and we were sitting out back. My cousin was like "what the hell is that sound?!?!" I always figured they were everywhere.
Not us here, we get water beetles falling out of the sky at this time of year at night.
They think asphalt is water when they are in flight at night being lit by bright lights, so they drop.

If you do not know what one is, do not pick up bug, they play dead then draw their very long piercing beak and impale you.
Sting is one of the worst known to man.
Just saying.

Last edited: