What did you use your flashlight for today?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Oh geez those will be coming out soon here in Indiana. At first they're kind of nice, a sound of summer. After awhile though, they're just annoying. I remember my family coming down from northern MI once, and we were sitting out back. My cousin was like "what the hell is that sound?!?!" I always figured they were everywhere.

We have the green ones here with the 2- and 3-year cycles that appear in smaller numbers every year. They can make disturbing squeaks when disturbed, making you think you've started a slow-flying and poorly-maneuvering hummingbird.

Dex Robinson

Newly Enlightened
My PD32 went for an unfortunate tumble while I was using it for a photo light. I was taking a picture of my freshly installed fuel pump and was using a Thrunite T30V2 on one side and the PD32 on the other side to light things up. The PD32 fell from where I propped it and bounced around before ending up in a bucket of 20W50 oil (I just drained the oil from the car). It was still on and sitting in about 3" of oil. Had a good chip out of the anodizing. I had to wipe it down with varsol and then was it in soap and water. Seems no worse for the trip...other than the cosmetic damage.

This is why the older lights go into rotation into harder environments. I got a PD35 last month so the poor PD32 is getting stuck in some messy situations while the PD35 rests comfortably on my night stand.

Rider57

Newly Enlightened
Putting this new drain in at work
And finding this wierd hand print on the way out, my hand print right for comparison...

Last edited:

Stream

Enlightened
Wow, freaky handprint. I was watching an X Files marathon tonight, and that hand print looks pretty spooky lol.

ven

Flashaholic
Quad pd35vn for checking on the pond,small wall of light that easily lights up the back garden . Great colour rendition from the xpl's

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had to try out new Olight M3XS-UT in basement crawl space under stairs...found a big old spider sitting on a old style glass thermometer
so I clicked the Olights button....click,

838a7f96381c4406f7e5a103d5e4bb03.jpg

Temperature went up 10c, spider vanished.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
So some idiot thought I hit his car hard when I opened up my backdoor to toss in some food from a fast-food parking lot. I told him to take a good look, since my door had simply tapped his rear quarter panel. He says it's too dark to see anything now. Okay, so he might be trying for an insurance scam. I was not in the mood after having driven there and dealt with two separate obnoxious BMW drivers on the expressway.

In a very less-than- friendly tone, I offered to help by whipping out my S.S. Maratac AA model clipped to my pants pocket; and lighting up his quarter panel. He seemed surprised that I had a light on me. He had none. Keep in mind it's nearly 11pm on a dark street, and he's driving around. So, doesn't even have a cheap flashlight in his SUV. I guess he plans to feel around in the dark if he needs to change a flat tire.

Before I left the parking lot, I suggested to him that a flashlight would be a wise investment. Suggested it in a way that if my words were a physical hand gesture, they'd involve one finger being prominently raised high above the others. My moron tolerance meter is running on fumes.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG! Went to a party, girlfriend showed up. She parked where no vehicle had parked before!

I turned hard on the steering, on grass and gravel, and apparently hit her front right car tire with my front left tire! It was dark, no lighting, and she'd never showed up before at that gathering.

Top it all off, I hit her car by backing out!

Tire on tire contact! LOL! No actual damage. Nothing was hurt by anything. WHEW! I almost had a serious girlfriend incident!

Zebralight SC52 and Foursevens QUARK pro aax1 to the rescue, had them both blazing.

OMG! YOU HIT MY CAR!!!!! Nah it's okay. Tire on tire. No damage. Here, take the flashlight. Look for damage, please do so.

No damage.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Before I left the parking lot, I suggested to him that a flashlight would be a wise investment. Suggested it in a way that if my words were a physical hand gesture, they'd involve one finger being prominently raised high above the others. My moron tolerance meter is running on fumes.

Good for you for carrying a decent flashlight with you, and for showing restraint.

kj2

Flashaholic
Used my Olight M22 and SR52vn, when I walked the dog. Had been a while since I used both, and they still rock! :D

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my Olight M22 and SR52vn, when I walked the dog. Had been a while since I used both, and they still rock! :D
I'm still impressed by general utility of M22.
Bought it to light stuff up further then my PD35 likes,
and I find later, it's a good trail light itself.

The city I live in, Edmonton is said to have largest green living space in North America, or the most park space. The M22 helps me wander throughout it better then I thought.

I got to go light up other side of valley tonight again.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
OMG! Went to a party, girlfriend showed up. She parked where no vehicle had parked before!

I turned hard on the steering, on grass and gravel, and apparently hit her front right car tire with my front left tire! It was dark, no lighting, and she'd never showed up before at that gathering.

Top it all off, I hit her car by backing out!

Tire on tire contact! LOL! No actual damage. Nothing was hurt by anything. WHEW! I almost had a serious girlfriend incident!

Zebralight SC52 and Foursevens QUARK pro aax1 to the rescue, had them both blazing.

OMG! YOU HIT MY CAR!!!!! Nah it's okay. Tire on tire. No damage. Here, take the flashlight. Look for damage, please do so.

No damage.
Well, if your night is going to involve a bit of bumping and grinding; might as well be with your girlfriend. LOL !

kj2

Flashaholic
I'm still impressed by general utility of M22.
Bought it to light stuff up further then my PD35 likes,
and I find later, it's a good trail light itself.

The city I live in, Edmonton is said to have largest green living space in North America, or the most park space. The M22 helps me wander throughout it better then I thought.

I got to go light up other side of valley tonight again.

Can't wait for the 'darker' days to come :)
The M22 is a great light, and a real keeper. Am looking forward on the M23. Same size but more throw. Think the M22 and M23 is a great combo, side-by-side.

Flashy808

Enlightened
Used my Thrunite TN12 2014 NW and Thrunite TN4A NW for an overnight security job at a construction site. Definitely happy with the performance of both lights and well worth every cent spent on these two lights.

Hey you have a TN4A. How did you choose between the TN4A and the Nitecore EA41 please? Or did you have to?

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was on a flight home last night and the person next to me was trying to read a book using the overhead light. However, the light was intermittent, so I let him borrow my Fenix PD35vn triple XPL. It was slightly too bright on low but it worked fine for him.

On another note, all of my belongings were swabbed by the TSA at the airport, presumably because I had four flashlights in my backpack. That's the first time that has happened to me despite carrying those lights on a few flights in the past.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Now that theater seats are assigned I used MDC to find my seat for Ant Man

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
Hey you have a TN4A. How did you choose between the TN4A and the Nitecore EA41 please? Or did you have to?

The TN4A comes with the NW option, and I prefer NW tint myself, so it's an easy decision. Selfbuilt's review also stated that the Nitecore EA41 might have a parasitic drain that drains the battery when it is not in use and not in the lockout mode, which helps to make my decision to get the TN4A much easier. Hope that helps.

Flashy808

Enlightened
The TN4A comes with the NW option, and I prefer NW tint myself, so it's an easy decision. Selfbuilt's review also stated that the Nitecore EA41 might have a parasitic drain that drains the battery when it is not in use and not in the lockout mode, which helps to make my decision to get the TN4A much easier. Hope that helps.

Hmm Nicely Summarised.
Thanks for helping me choose it helps to have someone else in the same boat!