What did you use your flashlight for today?

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol. Face to face reliefs, always issues and the back and forth paybacks are endless. Seeing adults act in such ways is entertaining, house-mouses and DTs were the worst on both ends.

Today the light was used for tracking a small moth that got in, man those things are stealthy, one second you see them the next you don't. Employed the Hound Dog on full blast to spot, blind, and squash! :poof:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Would love to read some of your little adventures monocrom with the security side................daft as it sounds, i often wonder about doing this type of work, maybe weekend just to get some proper use out of some of my lights. I know a lot more to it:) have my 1st aid training etc etc, just would like to work in security...............even if it ends up not for me! Cant give up my day job, but a bit on the side if makes sense....

Makes sense. But be prepared to spend long hours being horrifically bored out of your skull. The rare drunk is always fun to deal with.... if you enjoy being a masochist. Honestly, it's even more thankless than being a police officer. But yeah, if you volunteer for the Graveyard shift, you DO get to try out your lights. :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
lol. Face to face reliefs, always issues and the back and forth paybacks are endless. Seeing adults act in such ways is entertaining, house-mouses and DTs were the worst on both ends.

To be honest, in over 40 years of Life on this planet, literally only encountered one person completely worthless as a human-being. Guess which one....

(Hey, I never claimed to be a Saint. I hold grudges dating back decades. People are FAR too forgiving and tolerant of obnoxious behavior. Too many guys brought up by sperm donors who liked hanging out with their creations and pretending they were fathers to them. I once told a slightly younger co-worker that if he kept behaving the way he was, I was going to pull down his pants in front of everyone, bend him over my knee and give him the spanking and discipline his daddy should have; if he had gave a damn about raising him properly. And yeah.... I was more than physically capable of doing it too. That got his attention.)

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic. :D

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
So last night, I'm sitting in my car, waiting until the last minute to relieve the guy working 2nd shift. Normally, I don't do such things. But, I did what I do with all new guys.... tried to help him out when another co-worker was being lazy as Hell. I warned the new guy not to let the other security officer get away with such nonsense because if he did, then he'd get in trouble for it. He didn't listen. Guess what happened. So after getting called into the office, the new guy blamed me for it and started behaving like an ***.

Okay.... It's one thing to be ungrateful. But this guy went beyond ungrateful. Picture a village idiot but with an attitude and full of himself as though he's better than everyone else. Oh hell no! In over 40 years of Life on this giant rock, I have never met anyone more completely worthless than this guy. And I've lived in NYC practically my entire life. So yeah, that's saying a lot. So even if I show up early, I make him wait til practically the last minute before relieving him. Well, while enjoying some tunes in my car, I feel an itch on my neck. Go to scratch it, and what feels like a round bug comes off in my fingers. I fling it onto the passenger's side seat, and grab my Bushnell 2AAA penlight that's clipped to my pants pocket. One mode, full-on flood. Nothing. I soon spot a tiny green bug near my cup holders. But definitely not the same one. I searched, but never found that round bugger anywhere.

Got the Bushnell from Wal-Mart. Not the biggest fan of that place. But the Bushnell 2AAA light has never let me down. I just like it, despite owning other, much more expensive, LED penlights.

Is that the bushnell with the colored LEDs ? I got mine at Walmart in the clearance bin for a dollar! Built like a tank, beam like a maglite's (that's not a compliment) and 3 off centered LEDs in red green and blue. I was stunned when I saw a new one for 34.99

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Definitely built like a tank with bold styling cues. But not the colored LEDs model. Just simple on-off, one LED with good amount of smooth flood.

tex.proud

Enlightened
I worked on a business "re-install" today. What that means is, somebody not from my area did an "install" of our service within a local (to me) business and failed miserably. This is unfortunatley common. Drop ceilings, house cable, and such. I used my SC52w to seek out previous failings and fix them. Very straight forward and simlple to me, but not so much for the business customer birddogging me. All in all, I took care of not only his business issues, but also his personl "Crapple" phone issues as well. Not a bad day.

Tex.Proud

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably the other way around. I don't know why people feel the need for 150W flood bulbs pointed at my house. I don't know why they want their yard to look like a walmart parking lot. It's so nice to drive down a street with just a few, modestly-bright bulbs going. I know they don't intend to, but I have a neighbor with one (I'm guessing) 100W bulb in a lamppost. It's like a laserbeam coming thru the 2mm crack in my blinds I can't seem to block when trying to sleep. :hairpull::hairpull:

Have you got an air gun? :)

dhunley1

Enlightened
Power has been out for two days now so my flashlights are getting some good use, mainly my Malkoff MDC HA 1AA and Fenix LD11.

I've been using the Malkoff to ceiling bounce in whichever room I'm hanging out in and left it in the bathroom over night on lowlow to act as a night light. The Fenix is what I've been carrying on me to use mostly for navigating around the house and garage.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the the zoo with my extended family, I used my lumintop tool on low to find some of the nocturnal animals- the lighting was dimmer then usual due to renovations.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
I tied my modified Surefire E1 to my 6 year old before letting her jump in the lake at 1:00AM.

My SF White Cerkoted 6P with Malkoff dropin was tied to my wrist and my Muyshondt Aeon was on my dog's collar.

Cant lose anyone in a dark lake...

13754651_1121061487974182_8089533822933700072_n.jpg

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Haha thanks guys. We had fun.

And thanks for the excuse to post a pic Ven, I havent been on here much lately but here is my White 6P with a couple other cerakoted lights. A white / black E2DL and an Orange Solarforce.
13769525_1122384804508517_896314401305611650_n.jpg

+1

Awesome captain!!! Love to see a pic of the white 6p:naughty:

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
Yesterday was a flashlight festival. Helped brother in law to remove some very sketchy knob and tube wiring from a second floor wall ( and discovered basement lights are powered by a circuit that goes up to the 2nd floor for some reason).

Used many of my lights, from the Inova Keychain 1 AAA to my NextTorch 18650. Main light was the Fenix HP11 headlamp - the job ran much longer than I thought and so I had to change batteries in the late afternoon. Brother in law mostly used his 2 AA Quark (I brought mine but left it in the bag as backup), and when the batteries finally ran down in that, he brought out his very nice 700 lumen bike headlamp. We didn't even mind changing circuit breakers, though I had to learn the hard way that a 4 pole space-saver breaker looks very similar to a 2 pole till you start prying it out. Oh well, 3 visits to the hardware store are typical for any reno project.

We wouldn't have needed to buy a circuit breaker if a) someone long ago hadn't double-connected the neutral in the K&T b) I had rung out the wires *first* instead of relying on the colors on a bit of spliced on Romex c) the CH breaker could actually survive a bolted fault instead of tripping once and never resetting. The good thing is, we don't have to worry any more about the bare live wire we found hidden in the floor.

Bill

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, that sounds like fun (and hard work). I've just been using my Fenix TK09 for some basic things lately (finding items in the back of a dark car, getting ready for bed without waking up my wife, etc.). Hopefully I'll get to go on a couple night hikes sometime coming up, but I'd rather wait for cooler weather if possible (less ticks and also less heat in general make me happier).