What did you use your flashlight for today?

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a local cop drive by and he flashed his flashlight at me. I had my daughters puppy out to go to the bathroom. So I had to shine my Vinh quad p60 drop in back at him. Of course he pulled over and had to come say something. I looked at him and said oh I'm sorry I didn't know you were the police, by the way officer I think you need a better fladhlights yours is not very bright. Funny thing he took down the information on my light he was very impressed. Now I've seen him come by a couple more times and now he wave. Moral of this story. A good bright flashlight made me important to the police department . I'm still laughing about it:)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I had a local cop drive by and he flashed his flashlight at me. I had my daughters puppy out to go to the bathroom. So I had to shine my Vinh quad p60 drop in back at him. Of course he pulled over and had to come say something. I looked at him and said oh I'm sorry I didn't know you were the police, by the way officer I think you need a better fladhlights yours is not very bright. Funny thing he took down the information on my light he was very impressed. Now I've seen him come by a couple more times and now he wave. Moral of this story. A good bright flashlight made me important to the police department . I'm still laughing about it:)

Yer important alright. lol

AndrwTNT

Newly Enlightened
Used my hds clicky to check the gauges and clean the filters at the orange grove..

a4730cf9920337e033bc3c04d02c2ca1.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Good story Mr Bykfixer :thumbsup:I'm glad that hill wasn't too Looooooooooong or the lens on your light would have gotten all foggy from all the huffing and puffing :p ;)

Oh, if it had been a biggy Ida handed her my celphone... hers had a dead battery (imagine that... so she had no flashlight either. lol)

Thats funny . I live in a small town so these guys will now all come by for a light show. I'm going to bring out the big throwers this weekend and put on a search party light show. : to be continued:

That's pretty cool. Maybe they'll end up with better lights soon.

Last night I used my Streamlight TL2 LED to guide my way through a blackberry laden field. Chiggers prevention.
I was at work and have my hardhat lamp dialed down to battery sipper mode to keep from blinding nearby workers. And it wasn't bright enough to discern young blackberry plants from other vegetation.

Once I had navigated through the potential minefield of chiggers a series of other lights were used to (or attempted) to light up docks about 100 yards away.

My pencil beam'd Strion LED and TL2 were the best combo beams for that as the other (brighter) lights I had with me were lighting up surrounding 100% humidity saturated air molecules, masking my far away vision.
A lowly Mag 2C ML25 LED twisted to pencil beam smoked all the others. It wasn't even a fair contest. All 177 lumens aimed to a pencil lead beam configuration does a great job at lighting distant object.

As an added experiment I used it dialed like that to guide my way back through the chigger laiden mine field.A slightly diffused acrylite lens from flashlight lens .com deflects a few photons into spill while hardly affecting throw.
I thought it might be a great combo. Last night I learned that indeed it is.

Last edited:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome stories. I used my Armytek Wizard Pro Warm on its lowest mode to light up a spotting scope to take a look at the moon. Didn't see as many meteors as last night because the moon was out and it was a bit cloudier but it was still fun. Also used the headlamp to navigate outside and to get back in the house. Fun times. I also played with the TK09 again briefly and even more briefly shined the TK75vnkt. Man what a fun light but it's not the best for not attracting a bunch of attention haha.

I also brought my Nitecore TM06vn with me on this trip which hasn't gotten much attention lately so maybe I'll take it out at some point too. We'll see though. I hate having to worry about the parasitic battery drain.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well, the idiot I relieve three nights out of five forgot to tell me about a bag that got turned in to Lost & Found. I thought it was his, thought that he'd return for it. He does that sort of thing constantly! Leave stuff behind that he has to return for. Not tonight though.So I open the main compartment to log in not just the bag but the contents as well. Have to do that in case lost bags contain live-saving meds. inside, illegal drugs, guns, or human body parts. Main compartment has two books in it. Smaller compartment has a narrow opening. Couldn't see inside, and I'm not sticking my hand into something that contains unknown items. Out comes my 2AAA Bushnell penlight to shed some light on the subject.

Turns out it was standard travel-size toiletries.

Last edited:

buds224

Enlightened
Used a Manker E14 on Low to light up vinyl sideways. When cutting vinyl decals, it can sometimes be tough to see the cuts, but shining light sideways makes it easier to weed out the negative vinyl.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
We mis timed the start of our car project today. Helped a friend change break pads and fluid as well as re wire his rear light bar (emt on my deprtment) of his car before we track it and my mustang tomorrow. Had my micro stream clipped to a ball cap and then handed it to another friend who was putting quick disconnects in the light bar circuit. Replaced it on my cap with the a2 on white LEDs. Used the sc52d to shine into the master cylinder to check fluid levels as we were bleeding. In total used about half the 14500 and a bit more than half the aaa. Always fun to get your hands dirty. Especially after dark to play with lights in a practical setting.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Body has adapted to night shift mode on a non work night.
Everybody is sleeping but me.
What to do?

I know! Change the oil in my lawn mower. Yeah. Light switch busted in the shed? No biggy. The bykfixer has a flashlight for that too.
10 minutes later lights on in the shed. But holy hot sauce Batman... it's still 100° in there.

Lawnmower soon after was up on saw horses and fresh oil was put in.... outside where it was only 83°…
New filter and plug too.
It's only 3am and I'm still zooming like Redbull main lining crackhead.

Wait! I have that dremel mounted blade sharpener.
Worked like a charm and in less than 2 shakes of a lambs tail the blade was razor sharp.

3 Mag ML25 LED's in a circle in "mule" mode made for some mighty fine light-age.
3:45 and everything is put away. Now what?
Pffft! Cut grass. Yup I was cutting my back yard at 4am guided by my trusty Coast headlamp.

Wife wakes at 6am saying "I dreamed somebody was cutting grass at night" lol.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Cut your grass at 4am!!! boy you are the perfect neighbor :laughing: and no doubt turned some porch lights out too! ;)

ven

Flashaholic
I have a really quiet lawnmower.
Campground quiet at 62dB. It's one of the many charms of my Toro push mower. 'Lectric starting, blade braker, super mulcher.

I dont!! could not mow the lawn at that time without lots of curtain twitching :laughing:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
In my neighborhood.... There'd be a couple of gun barrels peeking through those curtains.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Another day at the office so to speak...
That is if you're a vampire.

Tonight more light comparisons. The Stinger was back, along with a 6 volt Bushnell dust collector, a Malkoff'd Maglite, my Coast HP7R, and the Mag XL50 again. (I really like that one).

After observing the HP7R outhrows every other light I own, I decided the Stinger is still better due to the blend of spill it provides.

All evening I had been watching a light show in the distance. Lightning was way off in the distance and was very entertaining. Yet suddenly... winds picked up...

Beam shot via Stinger

And the sky grew angry nearby...
Radar check time....

I was the little triangle...
Uh oh. Time to take cover as all that red n yellow that had been moving North by North East began to suddenly expand southward....
This is about to get serious.
30 seconds later mother nature had changed her mind and I was soaking wet.
Lights put up, I'm back in a safe spot...

Enjoy the light show through a windshield.

2 hours later and everyone has gone home but me.
I have the XL50 tailstanding on my dashboard on low to light up inside my truck while I enjoy a turkey on wheat sandwich and watch round 3 of mother natures light show.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Cool post mr fixer:cool:

Got away for a few days camping, armed with a few lights,cooyoo quantum, HDS rotary,PrinceCvn triple,C2 with nichia triple,TN36vn,p17(callums choice of big gun) and a poplite t34(possibly the most used light!)
The base

Some of the lights

In car charging

"MY EYES!"

HDS 200lm high cri, surprisingly bright on a dark field! ample and some lumenage! (which is not caught very well at all :laughing: )

"Wass ap Madison, cant see?".............

Poplite T34 flood in the Prince's flood

tn36vn , 8400lm of MKR goodness

Lenser p17 iirc

Now the pop T34

had quite a bit of use, its a 3 mode and starts in high, 1/2 press and med then low. Low maybe 30lm ish and placed in a green(yep green) plastic cup made an easy on the eye night light for the table. The next night, the C2 with the nichia triple fitted perfectly where the umbrella part goes in the centre of the table. The C2/triple head sat there on moonlight mode for a nice low romantic light effect:naughty:................for the chinese takeaway:sssh:

The p17 and T34 reached the trees easy when focused, pretty impressive for maybe 200lm of old school fuel powered illumination..........be it in your face!.

I do regret not taking a thrower though(dedicated) for some fun, packed light(pun intended) for ease and just though flood would be of more use. Till next time anyway........

:)

Last edited: