What did you use your flashlight for today?

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
The electricity went out last night. Pitch black. I used my G2 with 17670 and 3.7 incandescent bulb to bring my solar charged 12v deep cycle battery in and hooked two 12v work lights to it. Battery radio & light. Wish the computer would work! Yesterday I used my Surefire St. Minimus headlamp to change the brakes on the car.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just used my 6P/M61W 3500K to inspect the engine of my Transit van turbo diesel that was really down on power - Within 5 seconds of firing up the light I found a burst hose that sits between the intercooler and the intake manifold!

Quick repair and I've got full turbo boost again!! That saved me some $$$s!!

James.... :)

Last edited:

oldskaterdood

Newly Enlightened
UltraFire WF-501B xml-t6

I have 2 units mounted on my bicycle handlebars, used on and off road. I get a mixture of respect and disrespect on the road from car drivers, they either pull over and wait for me or they flash their headlights at me :)

I also use them at work (maintenance engineer) for under packing machines and night shift plant checks.

OCD

Enlightened
I got to my dad's house this morning and he was cleaning his chimney. As got out of my truck, he looked at me and said "f@#K"! I asked him what was wrong and he said he got the brush stuck in the chimney. As I was climbing the ladder to go look he told me his light wasn't bright enough to see it very well. He edc's a stainless Maratac AAA. I figured my HDS 200 would be up to the task so I clicked it on (it comes on at about 35~ish lumens) and looked in and saw nothing but darkness. I clicked it on turbo and I could see the brush o.k. Its amazing how much light an 8" chimney flue coated in soot eats up lumens! We got the brush unstuck and I started cleaning it again when the rope came untied from the brush. DOH! My dad screwed two long sticks together with a screw on the end to use as a hook. I tied my coat hood string to my HDS so I couldn't drop it in and tried to hook the brush. It was still too dark 20+ feet down. I had my dad get my Dorcy 220 lumen thrower out of my truck. He held the light and TA-DA! It's tight spot lit that brush up perfectly. Managed to hook the brush and got it out. Never thought my HDS wouldn't be up to that task.

Last edited:

Bertrand

Newly Enlightened
I used my Surefire M6LT to walk my dog when I got home from work last night (3am). It lets me and him play neighborhood watch :)

fields_mj

Newly Enlightened
Quark AA R5 w/14500 cell.

Used it last night to track a wounded deer. Misjudged the yardage and hit very low, or caught the back of a front leg (more likely). Tracked her 300 to 400 yards before the trail dried up. First lost deer with a bow in several years.
Used the light again today to inspect the threads on an 6-32 hold that our new guy broke a tap off in. Needed to make sure that I had driven all of the old pieces of tap out before redrilling and tapping to an 8-32.

Acid87

Enlightened
Used my Petzl Tikka 2 to illuminate the inside of my SureFire A2 thread while trying to extract a screw that had snapped. Finally managed to finish the job so I'm very happy.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, today was my turn to cook for the family. Pasta with a home made tomato sauce, parmesan cheese and some cocktail sausages.

The sausages were high meat content and very fatty - the grill made a lot of fat airborne in the form of blue smoke which permeated the whole room. So first thing I did was call in my Star Wars mad eight year old son and let him try out my Deft EDC. Vwoom! Instant blue lightsabre. He was chuffed to bits and happily 'Vwoomed' until we ate supper.

Incidentally the Deft is pure white, the blue came from the fat smog. OK?

smarkum

Enlightened
Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!
Halloween walk for sure! Took the Gavina. The neighbors were all impressed mainly by the tint! Only one person said a word about the trits . . . I thought that strange. Anyway, it is a HIgh Cri and yes, it is a beautiful tint. Also had my Rotary with me. When the Gavina ran out of juice the Rotary came out. It work beautifully well also. I was shocked that it allowed us to see four houses down to see if the "neighbors are playing" . . . handing out candy that is. My little trick or treaters were much more interested in going back down the block than I was. Mommy was tired and getting cold. With the Rotary's help, we all could see that their lights were all off. Bummers. They were not playing. First year in 8 that my neighbor , Jim, has not said "Okay, first let me see a trick . . . " and he would actually make the kids dance a little jig or something and then give out the candy.. . . last year they didn't want to go to his house. The funny thing is, he is a great neighbor otherwise! Thank goodness. A good time was had by all. The two lights I took performed very well. As expected!
Here is a bad picture that tried to be a great picture. . . the Gavina on the Halloween march . . .
DSC00598.jpg

Last edited:

tony613

Newly Enlightened
Well, today was my turn to cook for the family. Pasta with a home made tomato sauce, parmesan cheese and some cocktail sausages.

The sausages were high meat content and very fatty - the grill made a lot of fat airborne in the form of blue smoke which permeated the whole room. So first thing I did was call in my Star Wars mad eight year old son and let him try out my Deft EDC. Vwoom! Instant blue lightsabre. He was chuffed to bits and happily 'Vwoomed' until we ate supper.

Incidentally the Deft is pure white, the blue came from the fat smog. OK?

Now THAT is a use for a flashlight I hadn't thought of - great! :twothumbs

Last edited:

T45

Enlightened
Co worker said he lost a part off his glasses underneath his pickup truck seat and needed a small flashlight to look for it. I handed him my Energizer 1 AA MLT1WAAE Tactical. He came back a few minutes later, part found!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Used my LL T7 to illuminate the inside of the trunk of my car. It helped a lot! Instantly found what I needed!

Either the trunk-light has gotten weaker since I bought my ride nearly 3 years ago, or my eyes are accustomed to brighter lights . . . Or I'm getting old ahead of my time.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark Tactical 123x2
Had one in custody for a few Warrants. Set om medium to complete booking papeework. Then had a guy almost run over my partner, ended up with him in cuffs and needed to search the vehicle. Same light same setting for some of it. Uses high mode for larger area search