what do flashaholics drive?

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
2004 Xterra SE...Solor Yellow

My previous car was a 90 Mustang LX 5.0 The best the car ever ran in the 1/4 was 11.59@118 with alittle tire spin. I will get another one one day. Here are som pics.

P5110010.jpg

P5030008.jpg

P2240027.jpg

Here are the rest.

90 LX Stang

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love the Mazda 3, I originally wanted to buy the 4 door sedan, emissions laws stopped me (can't buy a 3 or 6 in NJ if registering in NY) along with price, no rebates or incentives. I ended up getting myself a Tribute.

Got 4500 miles on the odo already after a month. But since I am now a college student again and will be taking mass transit, the car will be a driveway show piece driven ~200 miles a month.

12mazda1.jpg

Days I am feeling a need for protection, this is how I roll,

12hummer.jpg

Screehopper

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Leeoniya said:
160hp and 160lb-ft torque from my 2.3L? when an STI gets 300hp and 300lb-ft from 2.0L with a turbo. can't do much about the lack of AWD or RWD though, sadly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Leon

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the USDM STi is a 2.5L getting 300hp, 300lb-ft. The JDM STi is a 2.0L.

Current vehicles
2005 WRX Wagon
1997 Disco 5-sp manual (yes, it's not a slushbox)

Got a pair of Hella Ralleye 4000 lights on the rover. Gonna start adding lights to the Subie. So many lights to choose from. Something moderate like a pair of mid-sized rally lights. Nothing overkill like 4-8 auxilliary lights.

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
I drive a 2004 Ford Focus ZX3 woo! Not much too it but man it moves out! It's a 5 speed with the PZEV 2.3 litre. I put a short throw shifter on it as well as a full custom exhaust and a cold air intake from focussport. Over all I would have to guess it's making somewhere around 165 HP and a lil more torque. I clocked it from not to 60 in about 6.8 seconds which rivals most cars in it's class including the Focus SVT, one of which I just recently smoked . Anyways, her name is Bella but I don't use that around my girlfriend because she tends to get jealous.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
No more car payments! More Flashlights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
1967 Porsche /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif in summer and Chrysler Voyager in winter... Guess which season I prefer....

Sverre

vontech

Newly Enlightened
Just got a Bluewater Metallic BMW 2005 X3 3.0i SAV (Sport Activity Vehicle) with Gray Leather, XENON HEADLIGHTS, heated front seats and steering wheel, automatic rain-sensing wipers, Sirius satellite radio and lots more .... !!!

My wife and I started out to buy a Honda Pilot and got sidetracked at the Bimmer dealership. Still don't know why she went along with it .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The headlights are AMAZING!! The low beams track the road 15 degrees to each side during turns -- they sense the alignment of the steering wheel and front wheels and aim themselves accordingly. And BRIGHT!!! You can see every blade of grass in vivid green during every turn, and it looks to be about 120-150 degrees of front coverage. But I guess they should be good ... they were an $800 OPTION.

I've wanted a really nice car for my entire life. I'm way over 50 now, and I guess my time finally came!

... Forgive me for bragging so much about this little guy. I'm still overwhelmed!

Tom

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
nice vontech! Those Xenon headlights will rival the most powerful of flashlights in color AND brightness. I like how they are a different shade of blue or white or even sometimes green and red when seen from extreme angles, like coming over a hill or hitting a speed bump. Awesome! If you have a white garage door park in front of it in darkness and check those bad boys out. I put piaa light bulbs in my focus! They look white at night but sorta green/blue during the day...that's how you know they were only 80 bucks:(

TRC

Newly Enlightened
1988 Hona Civic Wagon.

My flashlight collection is worth about twice as much, if not three times.

It's getting rusty, but it's reliable, and with constant $2+ gas, getting 32 to 33 mpg in town is a big savings.

I watched a guy put $57 worth of gas in a SUV a few weeks ago.

He did NOT look happy!

More money for flashlights!

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Dynacolt said:
My question is... do flashaholics upgrade the lights on their cars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I can answer that question for myself at least. 97 Jeep Cherokee Sport, purchased used. The first thing I did was put new rubber under it, the second was to rewire the headlights and upgrade to silverstars, add twin fog/driving lights to the front, add twin floods to the rear (to help with backing up and towing) and put two "rock lights" underneath. Since then it's been a pretty steady progression of adding a map light to the front and the rear seats (Cockpit lights from a vietnam era Cobra helicopter - neat things that have a dimmer, momentary on, focus to flood or spot, and have a built in red-filter). Next is probably a "cop style" spotlight that can be run from inside the jeep /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
[ QUOTE ]
MrTwoTone said:
For back and forth to work a 2000 Metro.For around the farm a 1998 3/4 ton 4x4 chevy.For serious off road travel my one horsepower Missouri Fox Trotter named Mr Twotone.

[/ QUOTE ]

To work, I used to drive a '93 Geo Metro till it developed engine trouble. I switched to the '87 Ford Ranger. To get to recreation sites I use the '80 GMC 1 ton Dually. For off road travel I use my rescued gelding named Phoenix.
Congrats on having MrTwoTone, the Foxtrotter. While I've never ridden one, they sure look SMOOTH when they're in the gait.

Changots

Newly Enlightened
99 ford tarus with 2 huge dents in it and a blue neon light under the dash(which goes to the music) portable cd player with tape adapter...and to make it smell better...a bar of irish spring under the seats (a trick taught to me by a used car salesman uncle of mine)hehehe, got it for my 16th birthday a few months ago and loving it V6, couldn't ask for more (picked that sucker up for $2,200)

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
mfljr said:
1996 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Diesel -- Slightly modified to ~300hp 700ft/lb tq at the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah those Banks and Bully Dog programmers are crazy. Just watch that exhaust gas temp. Dont wanna burn your motor down. One of these days i might own one of those diesels but i just cant get past the initial cost of the trucks. Would definately have to buy one used.

Shane

Latest posts