What Do You Drive?

GLOCK18

Enlightened
Just brought this home today, 2007 S550 I think it looks good in my drive way.

Dsc00257.jpg

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
1987 Monte Carlo SS, mild 350 swap (~325hp by my trap speed calculations), TCI TH200-4R, 3.73s, Centerline Auto-Drags

1990 GMC S-15 Pickup, short bed, short cab, mild L60 305 build (Cam, intake, headers, originally from the Monte), TH700-R4, 3.73s, 265/75/R15s on stock (but painted) Monte SS wheels, Grand Cherokee bucket seats on a custom seat frame, 4wd conversion in the foreseeable future

Daily Driver: 1998 S-10 Pickup, short bed, short cab, 2.2, 4L60E, DeeZee truck box and Extang soft tonneau, 29mph highway

monte1.jpg

STP80124.sized.jpg

S10.sized.jpg

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
The insane gas prices don't impact me as much as they would have a year ago. I work from home so my primary use of the car, an '05 Subaru OBS, is shopping and getting to the trail head for MTB fun.

- Chris

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Currently, 2001 Tacoma. Got the basics, Donahoe coilovers, Deaver 8 leaf pack, Bilstein 5100s.

taco.gif
:rock:

2402267220068116084aIMHdT_ph.jpg

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Thanks Tim. Your Chevette is BAD *** too! Total sleeper! :rock:

Gas went up to $4.65 a gallon here today! Maybe I should start riding my minimoto again? :grin2: :laughing:

dm_mini.jpg

calspeed_4-30-05_1.jpg

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
I love Toyotas! Hey Glock, I really dig your taco man!

Mrs. Stitch's:

DSC03623.jpg

And since I work farther, I have the gas sipper:

DSC03613.jpg

ConfederateScott

Enlightened
This is my Envoy.

In Mississippi Constables provide their own vehicles and buy their own gasoline. Some people mistakenly believe that because the cars are marked with the county name that they are county owned vehicles. They are not. I am no longer a constable but I still have the Envoy. The decals were magnetic so it was easy to un-mark it. With gas prices so high I left office at a good time. Between serving papers, transporting prisoners, answering calls and patrol my average usage was 175 gallons a month. It was usually more during the summer months. I'm gonna sell the Envoy now and buy a little 4WD with a 4-cylinder. I want a Geo Tracker. All I need now is something to get me back and forth from the firehouse, for taking my son to/from school and huntin/fishin trips. Several of my buddies have bought scooters to ride to work at the FD. But I live 25 miles from the station and thats a little too far to ride a scooter. Plus, I'd look funny with a deer across my shoulders riding a scooter.

100_0155.jpg

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Sasha...(Greta) please tell me somewhere you have a photo of your husband on that bike....I can imagine his big burly self riding that to get a few groceries. It would turn a few heads for sure however sadly with gas as it is now I am considering the same type transportation. Imagine me in full uniform cruising along to work on that.....nice ride regardless and it just struck me as a funny thought.

Greta

Flashaholic
Robo... how did you know he has one too and takes it to and from work... and to get groceries? LOL! :D

Here is a pic of both our scooter... mine has the battle girl patch on the front and his has the pork eating crusader patch...

scooter2.jpg

He is a crime scene detective so he doesn't wear the usual blues to work. He wears 5.11's. But he does wear a duty belt with his lights and radio and weapon. He also carries a couple of camera bags slung bandolier style. He is quite the sight coming and going from work... :D We also went to KMart and bought a couple of "green" bags for when we go shopping. We hook the handles together with a D-ring and sling them over the seat like saddle bags. Plus there's enough storage under the seat for at least a gallon of milk and a loaf of rye bread. And we put baskets on the back. He had guys at work laugh at him... until he told them what he spent every week in gas compared to what they just spent sitting there in there diesel pick up laughing at him... :D ... Now the PD has had to make adjustments to the parking area behind the station... there are no less than a half dozen scooters parked out there every day now... ;)

Greta

Flashaholic
I knew I had a picture of him on his scooter! :D

They call him the "CSI Motor Unit"... yes, he does go to scenes on it depending on the scene. No use in dragging out the van if he just needs to go to a traffic accident and take pictures... especially after hours and he gets called out from home. He just goes "as is"... :D

CSIMotor.jpg

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Thanks for the photos and that is somehow funny to me as I was partly joking about the scooter. I just suddenly got this mental image of him on that thing however it seems he is now an accomplished scooter patrol unit...LOL

We just bought several in my Dept however they are the 3 wheel versions for a few foot patrol units to use. We are trying to make every car a 2 man unit as well as gas prices are killing our fleet of almost 900 officers. The vision of all those scooters parked behind his precinct is kind of funny as well....sad that it is a true vision however seems like we are all headed that way.