What do you think the best folding knife

Andre1

Newly Enlightened
Benchmade 710 M2HS steel
I have beat that knife to death and its still going strong.

zephyr4

Newly Enlightened
I like my knives old school .. buck 55/110/112 folders and 102/105 fixed blade

I also like old school knives.

Bdca8sV.jpg

tonkem

Enlightened
Spyderco Native, I prefer the fully serrated blade for general purpose, but also have a Native that is plain edge as well.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome Photography, Beard Man.

Best EDC blade - Kershaw Knockout - I have three. The original black aluminum handles w stonewashed blade, the brown aluminum handled ELMAX blade, and the olive green aluminum handled Damascus blade. Big enough, light enough for everyday carry, snappy assisted action, thumb studs or flipper tab, good clip, frame lock, and USA made. Whats not to like? At $50 to a hundred bucks I can drop this on the ground and step on it without a care. Try THAT with your Fischer Custom!

8e4zYbK.jpg

agree. lightweight aluminum handles i.e. no steel liners. but lockbar is steel for strength and durability. definitely well engineered

ChrisDanWell

Newly Enlightened
For me...i would have to say my Spyderco Para-3. I'm 6-3 230lbs and I personally find that the size of this knife overall is more then enough. I own the Para-2, Manix XL, ZT, Hogue, OKC, Realsteel, Boker, Benchmade etc etc ranging from 1.8-4 inch blades and the Para-3 is perfect.
Fits my hand well, great jimping, Compression lock. Delica is ok but nothing beats the compression lock sorry everybody.
I can open and close all day effortlessly faster then an auto.
People will say u need a longer blade for self defense... nonsense.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Beard Man you mirror-polished the handles of the Spirit! :eek:

I've been watching youtubers and learned that Spyderco is by far the most popular folding knife brand in the gear scene, even though it is a young company. From my research the top bestselling models in the past decade are the Delica4, then the Endura4, because of their price, light weight and EDC perfection. And the most popular must-have in every other respect is the PM2. There are more youtubes featuring these 3 models than all the other popular Spydercos.

Spyderco is not a young company, they have been around since the mid- 1980's. Over 30 something years.

RSMJR87

Newly Enlightened
I'm a big fan of the Rich Hinderer XM series knives. I currently own a ZT 0561 Series made by Zero Tolerance which a sister company of KERSHAW Knives. The ZT 0651 is a copy of the Rick Hinderer XM18 design with ELMAX steel. The knife is very sturdy and holds a sharp edge well. It can take a little longer to get the edge sharp with ELMAX steel.

Mike 44

Newly Enlightened
Whenever I buy a new knife I always feel its the best. I just bought a Chris Reeve large Inkosi and its built like a jewel.

paul hardwick

Newly Enlightened
I have quite a few Buck US 110 locking folders, slipjoint (non locking) a good friend of mine Shing Chan from Belper Derbyshire makes some very nice legal carry knives, his work can be seen on edgematters forum. Reeves Sebenzas are probably hard to beat for quality but i think way over priced. Paul.

Thyrst

Newly Enlightened
No real way to make that determination unless you've handled a lot. What is your ideal handle and blade lenght, what lock do you want on it, what handle materials, what is the use so you can decide on a blade steel, fixed or folder, custom/midtech/production, American or foreign?

What I did to find my taste in knives was go to the local army navy as well as a gun store. There I asked to handle them and find what I liked and disliked. What I recommend to people is Kershaw for good budget users and their higher end like Zero Tolerance if you want a little but extra.

RogueClimber

Newly Enlightened
I am collecting various folding knife. Can you recommend some good knives. Thank you.:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Like flashlights there are so many to choose from:

I started out with with SOG and Spyderco back in the 80s/90s
Then moved to better (well at least more expensive) Spydercos and ZTs in the early 2000s
Then found Emersons and Striders in the 2010s
And eventually moved into custom knives
So now I rotate Emerson, Strider, Burnley, Mayo, Begg, Dervish...

The one knife I own more of than any other is the Strider SnG. A great knife with soul.

geisto

Newly Enlightened
Andrew Demko AD-10. Strong lock, good steel options (CTS-XHP, 3V, 20CV), useful blade shape, and looks gooooood. :)

TheGuywWthTheLight

Newly Enlightened
I am collecting various folding knife. Can you recommend some good knives. Thank you.:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

I have had a lot of knifes. But I would say Spyderco Paramilitary 2 and Para 3 both with compression lock is a buy you never regret... They come standard in S30V, but there are sprint runs as well in other steels like M4, M390 and so on. I also like my Sebenza 21 small Insingo as an EDC. And you can look at Hinderer as we if you want some more "over built" option. I have had a bunch of XM-18 and an XM24 all so great knifes. Good luck. 👍

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Knife CORREX: I have several Spyderco Co-Pilots which I will never sell and some SAK's, one I have carried every day with a few security restrictions since 1978, so, yeah, that's it. The Co-Pilot's I have had since 1988.

-30-

Last edited: