What do you use your M30 Triton for??

-sro-

Newly Enlightened
I am up first!

I take this light camping, and hunting.

It works great for spotting raccoons attempting to sneak up on me at the camp site, and for finding my tree stand at 5 am.

Also anyone who uses it for LE please post a pic of the light on your duty belt.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's useful for impressive the non flashaholic types. :D Many people who had Surefire and M@g are quite impressed with the brightness of the M30 and the TK40.

Billy Ram

Enlightened
I use mine when I need a long running light for close work. Medium power "120 lumens" is usually about right for working on a truck or arround the house. I mostly use high for outdoors work and recharge the batterys afterwards.
Billy

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
I do not use my M30 nearly as much as I should. But it is often in my EDC "field" bag and used for area lighting at briefings (that diffuser on high gives absolutely fantastic illumination to a map etc when briefing to a large group in the field) and for any SAR or other field activities that require such a beast.

It is generally a little to big to carry in my pack on extended field trips (M20R2 or TK11R2 gets the trip there).

I also tend to use the M30 on particular jobs where my 6D mag is not required/appropriate (the M30 is not particularly suited as a crowd control device like my Mag 6D is :poke:) but I will use the M30 lighting is the primary consideration.

Max Brightness

Enlightened
I use mine mostly on the medium setting for my evening walks through wooded trails in the park. Has decent throw and a big hotspot to see down the path with plenty of spill.