What does everyone Use for Insulation Between Led and Reflector's

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
kosPap, XR-E's ring is about the same diameter as a standard holepunch, like for punching holes in paper for a three-ring binder. Maybe you could get some circle stickers and just punch holes in 'em?

nope! Not the European 4 ring binder system. they holes are smaller, abit larger than XPG.
I did not want to drag this but the XRE rings came in a sheet with alot of "flashing". Of course I am low on this too..
No worries...I have enough vinyl sheet to last me for ages.

cpfdemigod

Newly Enlightened
Thank god I found this thread. Built my first Solarforce L2m flashlight last week and it was not turning on and could not figure out for the life of me why. Every time I took it apart, the driver and springs were burning hot, and seared my finger a few times. Somehow, someway, stumbled on this thread and realized my positive (+) wire on the led was touching the aluminum reflector when I was trying to power it on!!! Of all the thousands of thread I have read, I almost never seen anyone mention insulation between the led and reflector!! Almost shorted my springs on the clicker and driver, and the copper springs have changed color from the shorting i guess. But, seems everything still works, as once I added some elctrical tape, it was finally working.

Just one question in anybody knows, whats the best thing to use for this insulation? I was thinking of getting some silicone oven mits and cutting them to fit as I need one for my mt-g2 build that I'm working on currently.