What else do you collect?

pshenry09

Newly Enlightened
Am I weird if I also like to collect batteries? Lol they're for my flashlights of course!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

ericjohn

Enlightened
I collect "other" things aside from flashlights but I use them just as much. Radios/scanners/electronics; knives/multi tools/hand tools; various pdf documents/stuff I write (thank God for DropBox); railroad paraphinalia; glass bottles and jars and toy ducks (my wife's idea)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I also collect unusual vacuum tubes. I have a large high power transmitting tube as a desk ornament, as well as a collection of phototubes, a photomultiplier tube, a "magic eye" tube, various saticon and plumbicon camera pickup tubes, a couple of old "acorn" tubes, a teensy nuvistor tube, etc. Been looking for a good price on an image orthicon tube.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Ah, yes -- a " magic eye " tube !

I well remember, at about age 13, i came home from school one day.

My father had just Completed constructing our HeathKit project, a Capacitor Tester.

Featuring the incredibly Impressive and Awe-inspiring Magic-Eye Tube ! ! !

:wow:

Remember thinking OUT LOUD:

Isn't Technology WONDERFUL ! ! !

:)

BTW -- this was about 46 Years ago !

UPDATED to add:

It was a HeathKit model IT-22 In-Circuit Capacitor Tester.

http://personales.ya.com/old-timers/it-22/it-22.htm

Last edited:

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
Wristwatches; Malt Whiskies; Pocket Knives and of course Flashlights, mainly 6P hosts with whatever's the latest 'Flavor of the Month' drop-in. The new XP-G2 with a smooth reflector works well! There are so many good emitters available at the moment it's hard to keep up - I suppose you could say that I collect drop-ins, as that is, in effect, what I do: The usual suspects, Gene, Dave, Wayne etc.

I'm a sad case really; if it has a few more lumens or a bit more throw or even a couple of more points on the color rendering index...Count me in!

jimbofish

Newly Enlightened
Fishing tackle from the "golden age", 1940s to 1970s, when it was all American-made and built to be repaired. Mostly reels, some lures, odds and ends.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have quite a collection of bark river knives and several Chris reves knives. I also have several gold pocket watches that my dAd collected....Robert

Last edited:

Sakura90

Newly Enlightened
What else do you collect? v2.0 (now with pictures)

There's a really old thread, from 2007, by the same name. I'm starting this one, the idea is also to put pics if possibly. I like seeing collections... whatever they consist of. Be it bottle caps or diamonds :whistle:

Flashlights have their own forum, so this is for "other stuff"

I love sweet and pretty things, so I have been getting fancy jewelry for some time. Pendants specifically, like little ice-creams and cupcakes with colored crystals. I mainly go for cheap stuff, as I don't have much money. Also I live in a country where it isn't easy to get imported stuff at good prices...

http://sadpanda.us/images/1541301-S3GRMQH.jpg

I have already given away several to dear friends :eek: (so it's not all in there)

http://sadpanda.us/images/1541302-PQX4RI1.jpg

Some Swarovski crystals (I plan to get more of them) and a custom made Sakura kanji of silver. Horrible pics, I'll edit tomorrow when I get a real camera and not a cell phone :p

I also got a sakura flower made from pink opal in the mail, first time buying in Japan.

So, what do you have, collect, amass, etc? I always like to see what people has. Sometimes it can be the most unusual things. And post pics :3

P.S.: The images don't resize automatically (with a click getting them to the original size), so put the links as URLs. Otherwise navigating the thread will be a bit cumbersome <_<

Last edited:

Frijid

Enlightened
Re: What else do you collect? v2.0 (now with pictures)

I used to collect gas masks. still have them, just stopped buying new ones. i debate sometimes to either sell them or keep em. have some from like Israel, Russia, Usa, Poland, Germany, Czech republic, Finland, etc

collect old coins and money from around the world. Have a set of USSR and Nazi era postage stamps

Empath

Flashaholic

There's a really old thread, from 2007, by the same name. I'm starting this one, the idea is also to put pics if possibly. I like seeing collections... whatever they consist of. Be it bottle caps or diamonds :whistle:

The 2007 thread is still relevant. They've been merged.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast

I recently started collecting ball point pens. I've got several Fisher Space pens (I really like them), a couple Parkers, and a few others. I also have several older automotive oil cans.