what happened to the L1T V2

gravityz

Enlightened
maybee they pulled it to make a better one to compete with the nitecore defender

it should be easy for them to make a light which is brighter than the nitecore defender
the only thing they have to do is make it 14500 compatible.

Germ

Enlightened
I noticed these were gone from Fenix-store too. I was really liking this light. I hope they do make a version that is as bright as their 123 lights or the Nightcore.

I would want a strobe mode too :poke:, but no SOS. Fenix just needs to make it programable as you can't please everyone.

Marduke

Flashaholic
maybee they pulled it to make a better one to compete with the nitecore defender

it should be easy for them to make a light which is brighter than the nitecore defender
the only thing they have to do is make it 14500 compatible.

Like I said, problem sourcing forward clickies.
And the L1T v2.0 was fully compatible with 14500's. It uses the same head as the L2T, and gives you the same brightness as the L2T on 14500's.

gravityz

Enlightened
I noticed these were gone from Fenix-store too. I was really liking this light. I hope they do make a version that is as bright as their 123 lights or the Nightcore.

I would want a strobe mode too :poke:, but no SOS. Fenix just needs to make it programable as you can't please everyone.

agreed

high EXTREMELY high(maybee also programmable)
low programmable

gravityz

Enlightened
i will only get another l1dce if they get rid of the flash on low
the light itself is high quality but this "bug" is making it look like a low budget light.

they really need to make a light like the nitecore defender

pipspeak

Enlightened
bah... I would've got an L2T if it had been a better emitter. Now it looks like it will get a better emitter (R perhaps) next year so I'm stuck with the L1D and it's far-too-many modes.

As always, there's always something better around the corner.

gravityz

Enlightened
well the fenixlights have one advantage

if you stick a diffuser on it, it makes a perfect signaling light for in the glove compartment of your car.

depending on how many cars you have you can pretty solve these problems.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
EliteLED is still showing the L1T L2T.
Fenix tatical is showing L2T.
J2LED is showing L1T L2T.
Note Fenix rarical and J2 are in Canada and you may or may not get them in time for Xmas if you do not live in Canada.

While I have been recommending the L1T for gifts to non flashaholics (to the point of annoying xxD fans), I am surprised CPF members would not simply pick up a LxD when a LxT is not available. Unless you need tatical momentary (go for the T1) or remember your morse code, a xxD works just like a LxT.
Solid press on the clicky, do not let your thumb wobble on the button, wait 3 seconds after turn off before turning on again and you get the same UI as a LxT. And you can get better emitters. Plus all the extra modes are there if you need them.

pipspeak

Enlightened
It's the forward-momentary I'm after. Very few lights seem to have it but it's what I'd use most. An L2T Q5 would be perfect!

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the forward-momentary I'm after. Very few lights seem to have it but it's what I'd use most. An L2T Q5 would be perfect!

I like the on-off functioning switch (eg: no modes to cycle through). The momentaryis just a bonus... Personally, though, I'd like to se them come back with the rebel 0100.

Jambo

Newly Enlightened
I had one on backorder that got dispatched a few days ago. Guess I'll just have to buy the replacement too when it comes out...

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see an L1T v3 with a lower low. I like my L1T v2 but if a light only has 2 levels, I would prefer the low to be around 5 lumens or so.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing about the little rebel 80 L1T, it had a pretty good run time. (2hr 46min to 50% on NiMH)

Hoping for a L2T R2.

Last edited:

whippoorwill

Enlightened
There is no drop in. You have to send it to Milkyspit to get it modded. Takes a while but it is worth it.

thanks for the information Monocrom..

now that I know this.. I can't see why not to buy a SureFire L1.. btw.. do you know where I can get a Milky ML1 drop-in..?

GrnXnham

Enlightened

I've had the L1T V2 for a few months now and at 1st I liked the forward clicky but after the thing accidentally turned on a few times in my pocket, I went back to the reverse clicky switch. The rubber button doesn't stick out so much on the reverse clicky and so less accidental turn-ons.

It's still my favorite light. Great color and brightness in a small package. I can't wait to see what they replace it with.

Gatsby

Enlightened
I've had the L1T V2 for a few months now and at 1st I liked the forward clicky but after the thing accidentally turned on a few times in my pocket, I went back to the reverse clicky switch. The rubber button doesn't stick out so much on the reverse clicky and so less accidental turn-ons.

It's still my favorite light. Great color and brightness in a small package. I can't wait to see what they replace it with.

I had this very thing happen with my L2T last night. I like the forward clickie but for pocket carry I'm wondering a bit about how often this may happen...

gravityz

Enlightened
well fenix discontiunued the L1T, L2T

since this light was very popular i am sure they are working on a "nitecore DI killer"

hi and low with presets would be great

if this thing gets brighter than the l2d q5 it will be a winner