What knife/knives do you EDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Stainless steel does what it says, it stains less, not a guarantee against rusting so a surface coating of some sort applied as needed will solve the problem.
There are Spyderco models with H1 steel blades that come very close to being rust free, they are used in salt water environments.

True. But this was just ridiculous as to the number and sudden appearance of rust spots.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
David Boye literally wrote the book on custom knife making. The indent on Spyderco lockbacks is called the Boye indent because this was his innovation. Boye makes knives out of a cobalt based metal - corrosion proof and he casts the blades rather than forging them so the molecular structure acts as micro serrations. he has his own site and although they are not cheap, they will last forever. They excel at cutting synthetic cords like braided spectra - a material even some of the modern steels have trouble cutting.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I comment on my current EDC blades. I seem to change my mind about as often as I do for flashlights. lol

This week seems to lean towards my Hinderer XM-13 3" rig. I always have my SOG Twitch II small version handy. Neat little flipper.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought a Kershaw Cryo to EDC along with my Leatherman Surge which I've carried for years now. I really like the feel of folders now and am considering buying another higher-end folder sometime.

bykim

Newly Enlightened
I carry a small Sebenza 21 Insingo almost exclusively

49UEVjGl.jpg

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean there's more then one kind of pocket knife? I almost forgot.

Sage 1

"WINNING!" :party:

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was working (LEO) I carried a Spyderco Police, it fit very well between my leather gear and duty belt and would slide out easily if needed. Towards the end of my career I brought a Spyderco Para when the Police model's tip broke off but the grippy textured plastic handle would 'stick' on the leather so I went back to the Police model after a little re profiling on an India Stone. That was probably the closest to an EDC for me, now it's just a SAK that gets taken for trips and backpacking.

Last edited:

Airmanb

Newly Enlightened
I EDC a Strider SNG GG everyday at work and outside of work I carry a Spyderco Techno with a blue Cuscadi glow in the dark backspacer.

OCD

Enlightened
Weekdays (and weekends when going out)...Zero Tolerance 0566 and Leatherman PS4. When working around the house on the weekends...Leatherman Wave and Benchmade 300SN. Used to carry a Buck Rush 290, but left it someplace and it wasn't there when I went back. :sigh: It was a great beater knife and was a gift from my wife. My ZT and BM were gifts to myself. :D

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
been the same for long time.

most days: enlan/bee el02b. my at work knife. (sometimes i carry my previous workknife instead: Spyderco Tenacious.) the chinese really hit a homerun on the el02 models in my mind.

days i am not at work or going to shops or whatever after i got home from work and dropped work stuff off. i most often carry SOG Flash2. (second option is often spyderco delica4)

dressy occasions when i cant take more full size knife: sog twitch2 or kershaw leek. (u see i like assisted openers)

everyday in my car keys there is also sog micron but that barely is a knife. my food prep (fruit) knife at work is sanrenmu710. (another and more well known awesome cheap chinese made knife), plus knives in my multitools i may carry with me somewhere.

out in woods, sog flash2 and mora. or some other scandi grind puukko. (im a finn after all)

currently i am looking for a small fixed blade to try to edc instead of folder. still havent found one to really buy and try out.

8steve88

Newly Enlightened
been the same for long time.

most days: enlan/bee el02b. my at work knife. (sometimes i carry my previous workknife instead: Spyderco Tenacious.) the chinese really hit a homerun on the el02 models in my mind.

days i am not at work or going to shops or whatever after i got home from work and dropped work stuff off. i most often carry SOG Flash2. (second option is often spyderco delica4)

dressy occasions when i cant take more full size knife: sog twitch2 or kershaw leek. (u see i like assisted openers)

everyday in my car keys there is also sog micron but that barely is a knife. my food prep (fruit) knife at work is sanrenmu710. (another and more well known awesome cheap chinese made knife), plus knives in my multitools i may carry with me somewhere.

out in woods, sog flash2 and mora. or some other scandi grind puukko. (im a finn after all)

currently i am looking for a small fixed blade to try to edc instead of folder. still havent found one to really buy and try out.

The EL-01 and EL-04 are great knives as well. The Chinese are well ahead of the budget folder game, catching up in the other areas as well - some very good full titanium framelocks coming out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.