What light(s) is in your pocket today?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Love seeing well used lights! Do you typically carry both or switch off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PR-1 rides in my left pocket with cash, nail clippers, a small Gerber knife and chapstick.
The PL-2 in the right pocket with coins, ear plugs, (3)flash drives and a second small Gerber knife.
Every work day.

Non work days the PL-2, chapstick and a knife go where I go.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same two lights I have carried since 2016. Both by PK Design Lab back when PK was making consumer lighting. A PR-1 since that June and a PL-2 since that September.

3E5E9607-477D-427E-A36F-6F388A23CAF7.jpg

I have since added a #14 o'ring and Deer Park bottle cap to the PR-1. The PL-2 has 1 of 9 made stainless two way clip that allows it to tailstand and a micro carabiner to quick fasten or release it. The PR-1 is fed by a NiteCore RCR, the PL-2 an Eneloop Pro.

Good thread jr.
I picked a pkdl weapon mounted light second hand. I have yet to put it through testing (1000) round of xm855. I hope it passes. Where are they made? Please say USA.

ven

Flashaholic
I tend to swap around lights like i do watches, today is the E1e,
eFrIi84l.jpg

With a tana 219b!
4UgN99Yl.jpg

Later on when i swap watches, i will grab another torch. It will be smaller than 18650, but at least 16340...........who knows what it could be.;)

luipermom

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore Tiki. Nice (and the most recent) adition to my mini-flashlights collection. I love it by performace and functions.

By the way, this is my first post in CPF but I've been reading you since long time ago.

jrgold

Enlightened
26ca67e0316445b4edb7fc8c72d7fb9f.jpg

An MD1 is a good companion for building legos with the kids :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I picked a pkdl weapon mounted light second hand. I have yet to put it through testing (1000) round of xm855. I hope it passes. Where are they made? Please say USA.

PK rented a building about the size of a 2 car garage and used state of the art cnc equipment in China. Batches of 250 at a time were created. He contracted a company to coat each one, then another to assemble them by hand. All in China.
The weapon mount light was almost 18 months between design and production. Much of that time was stress testing a few dozen before production began. The only issue I am aware of is that some of the initial batch had a glue that softened with heat. And a few using the light engine end to swap fuel cells had a flickering or non lighting issue where twisting the "head" back on resulted in the engine part twising into the bezel just slightly enough to cause a contact issue. A slight untwist of the engine from the bezel would get it working again.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man that looks super sweet !

You used stock benchmade hardware and some small nuts on the backside?

Last edited: