What light will you take trick or treating?

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trick or Treat in this neighborhood was last night (30th). I haven't been involved in that for years. Mansfield, Ohio put a lid on Trick or Treat many years ago for the reason that people from Cleveland, Akron, and Columbus were bringing hordes of kids to Mansfield to freeload.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'll be staying in tonight, and because I'm in an apartment building, don't expect any Trick-Or-Treaters.
Best I can do here is to put a lighted fiber optic pumpkin in my window, and have a few other Halloween lamps going in the house.

hallowee.gif

S

slimjim

[ QUOTE ]
Blikbok said:
*Which* light? My costume involves all of my flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Going as the guy from Darkness falls?

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me and my girlfriend worked at our local zoo and got community service hours (required for our high school graduation). I of course was the smart one and brought my L4 and CMG Ultra-G. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It rained and it poured. It really stunk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

A bunch of the people there had D cell incandescent lights. They were sub-mag quality; basically three or four dollar lights you find at the drug store. They had pencil tight beams, and I think my CMG Ultra-G would be about as bright if the beam angle was the same. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

At least I felt really cool with my L4 which worked everybody's light by a mile! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad I took the flashlights with me. Some of those lawns and sidewalks were surprisingly dark.

But it was the LED flashy things that clip on magnetically that were the surprise winner. I had one atop each kiddie, and when the wave of kids washed away from one house toward the next I could easily spot & localize my little ones together. (They were comforted that dad could easily find them too.)

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave my 10 month old son a 6D mag.

Just kidding!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I brought my L4, and of course my EDC (Arc AAA LS from LED ASAP) but didn't get a chance to use it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened
slimjim:
kinda. I had a fishing vest with all sorts of lights attached, two PT Auroras in Fast Blink mode and two Krill Lamps... plus the M3T on a tether.

rodfran

Enlightened
My 12 year old son has taken over my old Lightwave 4000(good long runtime). He uses NiMh`s and knows how to use the battery chargers now(future flasholic). He is also a voracious reader. Gets in trouble with mom for reading in the dark in the middle of the night.

Back to Halloween-I used my new SUPER LGI. Hey Charlie, all of my neighbors were very impressed with your flashlight! We had lots of fun.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elektrolumens Anglelux,
My older son snatched the Brinkmann 2AA BB400 Q3L and he had a habit of blasting the other kids. I took my 10 year old and a friends 4 year old along with me and I illuminated them from the sidewalk. The 2D Anglehead ran for 2.5 hours with no problems, it is about 14 hours into the 2 D cells so I have 10 more hours left. (Gotta love the Anglelux for output, color and looong run time).
I was roaming through the dark and heard "Hey, John...happy halloween"! Walked for another minute and ran into a buddy of mine who told me that he knew it was me from two blocks away. I guess those Luxeons have the distinctive cool white color that makes me easy to spot in the masses of people. Overall, a great night for the flashaholic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif