What light would you carry during the zombie apocalypse?

AO JAR

Newly Enlightened
Lol +1 this would be me.

I will carry whatever light I have handy. Preferably low lumens so I don't draw attention. And I will only carry this light until I have finished stocking and fortifying my concrete, steel plate, and rebar compound. After 99% of the world's population has started to look at me as a walking cheeseburger, no offense to you Rambos out there, but I'm staying inside at night (probably during the day also). Scavenging will be done as needed on sunny days only. I will let someone else have moonlight strolls with the zombies. BTW, if I did have to go out during the night, NVG only with quiet shoes/clothing, and something to mask my scent. I'd be such an elite ninja, even my shadow wouldn't know where I went. :laughing:

Quiksilver

Enlightened
SF 9P w/ Malkoff M61LL module, and a crate full of CR123 cells.

That should last 10-12 years.

T45

Enlightened
You're meant to aim for the Brain Don... Though if it's my ex gf as a zombie... aiming at the *** would work I guess... :whistle: :devil: :eek:

As far as a light to carry goes... Prolly my Ra Clicky :D

now that's funny!

T45

Enlightened
Flashlights as clubs and flamethrowers? Come on people! This is a zombie apocalypse...you've got to use your heads.

Flailing about with your only light source in a zombie-filled world is just asking to be that dude. You know, the dude who goes all rambo on the zombies about 45-60 minutes into the movie, kills a bunch, yells out in victory, then gets bit in the neck by the zombie he didn't notice in his recklessness. Plus, even a MagLite is just a hollow aluminum tube at the end of the day. After a while of cracking zombie skulls, it's going to bend or break in some way, leaving you stuck in the dark with the zombies. If you don't believe that, spend a day smashing thick tree branches with your flashlight and see how well it works when you're done. Once or twice, sure...yeah, it'll make a great club. But over time, it will fail in a way that a crowbar wouldn't.

And flamethrowers? What? Really? All a flamethrower is going to do is turn undead killing machines into flaming undead killing machines. They're going to eat you or set you on fire yourself long before the flames take them out.

Thanks Boondongle......Somebody always thinks a Flame Thrower is the bee's knees when it comes to eradicating Zombies. A flame thrower would be useful for destroying them once they are corralled up in small space.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I could only have one, it'll be a 6P with Malkoff M61 and a red Surefire flip up filter on a quick detach mount on my rifle. I don't have any business pointing my light anywhere my rifle doesn't follow :devil:

curtispdx

Enlightened
I was part of a squad that was sent in to quell a large group of zombies that was protesting against the local Bank of America today.

I wanted to tell them to get a life but, you know...they were zombies.

yifu

Enlightened
Any 18650 light and one of those cottonpicker's solar panels for li-on recharging.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already replied to this thread, but I keep buying new lights...

I'd definitely carry a TK70; extreme runtimes on low and can be used as a skull crushing weapon. I'm sure there's a way to transform it into self-propelling mortar too...

A264

Newly Enlightened
I would have several in my LIFE bag an A2 in white,minimag and 6p platform w/malkoff w61LL-C2or 6z with sc1 w/p60l &sc3

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already replied to this thread, but I keep buying new lights...

I'd definitely carry a TK70; extreme runtimes on low and can be used as a skull crushing weapon. I'm sure there's a way to transform it into self-propelling mortar too...

Yeah, you'd want to tightly seal the battery compartment and dead short the lot. Series shorting provides more of a "welding effect." You'd probably want to parallel short the pack simultaneously to get the throw that you're after. Eye and hearing protections, well... nevermind.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
NECROZOMBIEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you'd want to tightly seal the battery compartment and dead short the lot. Series shorting provides more of a "welding effect." You'd probably want to parallel short the pack simultaneously to get the throw that you're after. Eye and hearing protections, well... nevermind.

:laughing: :twothumbs

Tacti'cool'

Newly Enlightened
Zombie zombie thread lol

As much as I love my titaniums, the light I would carry is my SF M2 with a malkoff drop in. Infinite reliability.