What to do with a 6 cell Maglite

Senator

Newly Enlightened
Lmao ya this thing is huge!!! Maybe I'll do the Malkoff Dropin crenellated bezel and Tungsten glass breaker in the tail and call it a day. Lol so long I'll probably have to make sling for it

Loaded with D cells, that whole thing is a glass breaker!

1979lee

Newly Enlightened
just put a magnumstar II xenon in my old 6d head smasher...love the feel of a 6d mag

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_20181124_191557.jpg

Now btt:
Could be used for a bank for stashing cash and coins.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Got a 6C-cell Maglite coming in from Hong Kong. Did get a 300 lumens LED replacement "bulb" for it. But maybe I'll take a look at Gene's website to see what else I can do with it. Thanks guys!

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just today I've finally loaded my 6D incan Mag with Eneloops, 12 of them; it's been 'in the plans' since I got the light in 2015, LOL. Otherwise it's stock.

Unrelated,
WTG Monocrom!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well, the 6C came in, and I'm NOT happy! Vintage blister pack was blatantly cut open with a knife by the seller. Padding inside was ridiculously insufficient. Parts of the blister pack broke off clearly during shipping.... and scratched up the stock lens. You guys know what I mean when sharp plastic scratches up clear plastic. You get those shallow white lines that don't rub off nor buff out.

Thankfully the rest of the light is in great condition. I had considered leaving it stock to preserve its historic place in flashlight evolution. Though will admit, I had planned on removing it from the packaging. The badly scratched up lens though convinced me that I'd rather have a fully functional 6C, useful in 2019.

So, bought a handful of upgrades from Gene's site. Including a glass lens! Oh well.... there's a reason why eBay is the world's largest garage sale.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put two TerraLux MiniStar 5s in my two 6Ds. I never use them and they'll be loaners on down the road.

They're a hefty beast when fully loaded.

Chris