What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a half-dozen Battery Drainers from datiLED -- some 5mms, some triple lanterns. Useful little beasts -- very tiny, very efficient. And he's working on some even tinier ones for me.
One of my brothers saw the lantern and had to have it. Good thing I had ordered two.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I like the Crealant CH10 headlamp so much I bought 4 of them, unfortunately 3 out of 4 eventually became unreliable, so I was in a search to get a replacement.

I settled on the Sofirn D25L

I like it enough, that I bought another as a back up, just in case they stop production of it.
Here it is carried in Star Trek mode strapped to the back of my hand.

1652478437759.png

chip100t

Enlightened
A malkoff mdc 1x 3.7 li ion / 2x cr123a head and a 16650 e series body.
It's been delivered to my local post office as I was out. Which does not open till Monday.

Why I bought it?, because they sent me a 20% discount email🤦

I did want them for a while but the $55 postage was stopping me buying.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I like the Crealant CH10 headlamp so much I bought 4 of them, unfortunately 3 out of 4 eventually became unreliable, so I was in a search to get a replacement.

I settled on the Sofirn D25L

I like it enough, that I bought another as a back up, just in case they stop production of it.
Here it is carried in Star Trek mode strapped to the back of my hand.

View attachment 27638
That looks way more practical than those square boxes they held in their hands on the next generation episodes. I suppose when they made that series they had to use an array of LED's that size to put out a lot of light, yet they seemed outdated looking.
Then again they drive around in a gigantic space ship that takes about 10 soldiers to operate the auto pilot feature and one to tell them when to push the throttle. "engage" pyyaaaaw.

My last LED light purchase was a grenade grip 3C Maglite in forest green because I did not already have one in forest green.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
FWAA Copper Nichia.

1. This is a well known design. We all participated in its creation (in away).

2. Copper. I like copper.

3. High CRI. I need to check wiring from time to time. Color is key.

4. Nice flood pattern of a beam.

5. My beloved wifie has expropriated my Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 in copper that was filling this gap :)

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
My last light purchase was a Rovyvon Aurora A3Pro because I was curious about them, having read about them here...and because there was a $5 off sale on-line and I was already shopping so "add to cart" was easy to press. I'm quite pleased by it. True, can't change the battery in it (without a lot of trouble). But a keychain light doesn't have to last forever, and it puts out a lot of light for its size. Only been riding in my pocket for a month but so far, so good; hasn't turned on in my pocket and has lit every time I've pulled it out. What more can one ask from a flashlight?

Trout River

Newly Enlightened

With a 16650 body.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sofirn SP10 Pro, the worlds first AA compatible light running Anduril 2. Because it has a ramping UI, is AA compatible, has lower lows than a Zebra, and is moddable.

more info here, including photos and a modding tutorial

Last edited:

colin.p

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 (whew what a mouthful) as I wanted a single AA light to "add to/replace" my I3T and it was somewhat well regarded as an alternative to the I5T that I had been leaning toward. However, I have gotten a little gun-shy with tail switches (Olight's iteration of them to be precise), as my I3T has been replaced twice with faulty tail switches. No slight with Olight's warranty or CS, as they have been stellar but still...

Also, I have a million AA Eneloops but only a couple of AAA Eneloops, so a slightly larger light was the ticket.
I was pleasantly surprised that the Tool AA can also operate by twisting the head so hopefully I will get considerably more usage out of the light and save wear and tear on the tail switch.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wurkkos TS10 4000K. I ordered multiple copies.

One of them I specifically ordered for modding so I could salvage the star and optic and insert them into a Sofirn SP10 Pro. The mod came out quite well.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wurkkos TS10, because, Anduril, small, High CRI
tuLLAWm.jpg

smaller than FWAA, with better beam (more throw than FWAA), and better switch (more firm than FWAA)
fr1WcCp.jpg

updated to latest Anduril with Firefly low of 0.02 (same as HDS).

This Black one also has Red Aux lights, plus I added Glow Paint, and has a nice TailButton:
A5g0JDt.jpg

This little light is soooo good, it has earned a place in my pocket

3_gun

Enlightened
A used Olight S2R Baton II because it will use standard batteries if needed & for the small size in the pocket

Chadder

Enlightened
I also purchased the Mag Tac 2 this week. UPS says it will be delivered tomorrow. I also did another impulse purchase from Amazon and got two Acebeam Pokelit AA's. I am really liking these little lights.
I have been a Mag Fan for years so I hope I like the new Mag Tac 2!!