What watch you're wearing?

ven

Flashaholic
Have a look at the 5610 as well datiLED, a little more (like $20 or so) and you get multi band 6 and solar. Basically chances are, you wont be replacing the rechargeable battery before 2040!

Bands and bezels wise, yes so many options, check ali express to. Lots of different ones, from ss and ti flavours, camo etc etc. The combi bracelet is a good option if you can find one with that, very comfortable. Not sure on your wrist size, but the 5600/5610 is on smaller side of the Gs(some prefer that to). The king (56) is a chunky square and also worth a look. This would be more suited to 7.5"+ wrist.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have a look at the 5610 as well datiLED, a little more (like $20 or so) and you get multi band 6 and solar. Basically chances are, you wont be replacing the rechargeable battery before 2040!

Bands and bezels wise, yes so many options, check ali express to. Lots of different ones, from ss and ti flavours, camo etc etc. The combi bracelet is a good option if you can find one with that, very comfortable. Not sure on your wrist size, but the 5600/5610 is on smaller side of the Gs(some prefer that to). The king (56) is a chunky square and also worth a look. This would be more suited to 7.5"+ wrist.

Ven, Thanks for the tip on the 5610! That sounds like a pretty good value if I can find one under $50. My wrist is on the smaller size at 6.6", but I prefer larger watches. My sweet spot is 42 - 45mm, with 44mm being perfect.

This TW-408 is my most comfortable watch. It is 45mm in diameter and 13mm thick, with a 4mm thick leather strap. It is my largest watch, but wears much smaller than it's dimensions. For a cheap quartz, it sees a fair amount of wrist time.
(For the record, my wrist is wider than the watch. The picture makes the watch look extra large.)

Mi8uW8d.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Hello CPF, i hope everyone is good, safe and healthy .
Well to tell truth i get fed up of posting the same old, so i bought 4 new Gs. Here they are.....

Could not resist the camo casiok (2100) or camoak as i call it, with sale a cheap £80
Cnf9Pdxl.jpg

The 6900bc JDM with combi
YVf48J8l.jpg

Todays wear the mudman mb6/solar, smaller than one would expect, so if you dont want a HUGE G, this has the retro feel in abundance
AL1SXPkl.jpg

Then this HUGE G , its actually the largest G shock bar none at 66mm diameter. Its 2mm thinner at 18.2mm thick than the beast(gpr1000) and 20g lighter around 140g. But for wrist presence , this is the real king.
gwp2000, not only has mb6, also bluetooth (phone app that you can set alarms etc and show your position as well as track yourself on map, and update time to)and GPS for global positioning. 3 ways of updating the time to the second! Carbon fibre insert strap. An LED back light that actually can light up close by. The lume is very impressive to(see pics)
Next to king 56 and 9400 rangeman
okBApL3l.jpg

DTBKGmTl.jpg

lume
8L19ogUl.jpg

Reflect of lume on wall
VivdPNTl.jpg

yrlSEjnl.jpg

Obv pics always make look larger due to fact of close up, so a more in perspective of the 66mm G
MoAUoisl.jpg

Oh last but not least, i sourced a classic retro G for someone in UK
p4HDBoTl.jpg

UG70NCDl.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Ven, Thanks for the tip on the 5610! That sounds like a pretty good value if I can find one under $50. My wrist is on the smaller size at 6.6", but I prefer larger watches. My sweet spot is 42 - 45mm, with 44mm being perfect.

This TW-408 is my most comfortable watch. It is 45mm in diameter and 13mm thick, with a 4mm thick leather strap. It is my largest watch, but wears much smaller than it's dimensions. For a cheap quartz, it sees a fair amount of wrist time.
(For the record, my wrist is wider than the watch. The picture makes the watch look extra large.)

Mi8uW8d.jpg

Your welcome, you will love the 5610 and should be able to find a mint used one for that. New can be found for $70+ ish, so not too hard. Here is a comparison of the 5610 next to the king 56(mine is 5610bc which is the JDM flavour mb6/solar the same as all 5610, but with combi bracelet and neg display( defo go for positive display)
JNT91tEl.jpg

King 56 left, 5610 right
KoaEEeal.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Just bought the royal navy frogman yesterday so await its arrival! Till the , a little update on whats been worn
Put a casio combi on the casiok, £65 from tiktox, much better as the strap was cheap

82d1cCtl.jpg

fve6VkZl.jpg

S5wbByUl.jpg

q83JQx3l.jpg

rjKvlTCl.jpg

eqeUPrDl.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Frog friday in more than one way
Starter off
jRcCGpol.jpg

Then i got G mail
Size of that box!
4rF7J2Rl.jpg

wDgWAhql.jpg

BKpcM3Ql.jpg

oirBdMCl.jpg

MrwyHFAl.jpg

Plastic off
FKJzDLdl.jpg

old and new
NXF9Wyhl.jpg

No time setting, so last year! connect to the g shock app via bluetooth. Hold C in for 2.5s(4 o'clock button), accept new G. Hands move back/forth to set exact along with date. Easy as can be!
NYmemFYl.jpg

Have a good weekend CPF, stay safe and healthy out there:cool:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I met a watch repairman at a car forum and asked him about a couple of old watches I have that stop running after a bit. They are the manual wind type of no particular value or prestige so I put them in a drawer thinking "yeah someday" but to have them properly cleaned and lubed costs way more than they are worth.

Anyway he asked me to send him some photos so he could determine whatever a watch repairman determines by looking at a photograph.

AD50-A5-E7-737-A-42-C5-8-B0-F-8-D1-B405-FC689.jpg

The Elgin Sportsman has been running spot on for a few hours so far.

Aaaaaand just like that I hit "reply" and it stopped working. A gentle tap or two gets it restarted……but not for long.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Bit if bluetooth, mb6 and GPS, no excuses for being late with the gpw2000
sRSvsrPl.jpg

Then afternoon swap to the mud
JAhaBzkl.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Happy Frog Friday CPF, have a great weekend, hope everyone is good.

Bit of a mad one today, thats what happens when covered nights this week and only had 3hrs sleep!
RN frog
aU1uESMl.jpg

then 8200
OvNNn5Ul.jpg

Suns out so 9400 desert camo
rrVemDJl.jpg

Off out for a shop
bqnkfxCl.jpg

Thats just the morning........i need help! :whistle:

ven

Flashaholic
Repaired a friends G
e9MKKXol.jpg

g man mail
ER6ZREtl.jpg

Some vessel drivers for my Gs
VStJL9pl.jpg

Started off king
4HqsZRSl.jpg

then 9400
3wj2TfXl.jpg

now gpw2000
X8C7M6Jl.jpg

Quite a few will recognise shaggy in flashlight pics, well its kicked off big time!
q53Br3El.jpg

Have a good weekend CPF

ven

Flashaholic
WOW types a load out and disappeared, short version
Todays wear
q4zJucRl.jpg

New frog livery
Naked frog
aMUfjnhl.jpg

UVXhRO2l.jpg

xxtxplMl.jpg

z73msWel.jpg

Job on car, coolant leak, clip on coolant sensor 1/2 way down back of engine , pita to get to but sorted., Pressure test showed up hair line crack in coolant bottle

p9mfzK3l.jpg

new fitted
M1AWPJrl.jpg

Had the 9400 dc on, washed car to
1jBMxTel.jpg

Cheers

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loving the pics and info, ven!

I've been wearing my 5600 most workdays, sharing work-duty with my blue Duro. Outside of work it could be any watch any day, while most Sundays it's my Citizen Promaster diver Eco-Drive.

Some day I'll learn picture sharing... :)

ven

Flashaholic
Loving the pics and info, ven!

I've been wearing my 5600 most workdays, sharing work-duty with my blue Duro. Outside of work it could be any watch any day, while most Sundays it's my Citizen Promaster diver Eco-Drive.

Some day I'll learn picture sharing... :)

Good stuff Grijon, i just use imgur, its free and easy. If its computer, just upload the pic and copy the BBCode and paste here

0RQEbjql.jpg

cAKz57ql.jpg

Have a good week CPF

ven

Flashaholic
Ven- Have you used the G-Shock app to interface with the Frogman yet? How do you like it?

Sorry for delay:thumbsup:

Yes its awesome and super easy, hold the specific button in(the frog is bottom left, the gpw2000 bottom right) for 2.5s ish and it connects. It will adj time if required via bluetooth, however i get mb6 so its already to the second. You can use to set up alarms etc.

To make easy, i just connected the frog and took screen shots
lPXwnIrl.png

0j3qc7bl.png

Press hold bottom left
c2WK8rSl.png

At bottom where shows guide is a sliding bar with various modes, swipe and world time, dive time, alarms etc how up(on the gpw200 that has global positioning, that shows a map of where you are and been)
wSwN9B7l.png

tKn219Ul.png

XpKHLHNl.png

Super easy to set up, then it just updates watch, Its impressive watching hands move with the servos at various speeds! Super clever and cool.

Hope explains OK
Todays Gs
kBnZlZcl.jpg

then the gpw2000 mentioned
iMHUjcKl.jpg

Cheers

scout24

Flashaholic
Thanks for the app info!! It looks like it's easy to use. I'm glad you CAN use it, not HAVE to use it... Far cry from the F91w... :p

ven

Flashaholic
Haha a little !

Yes you don't need the app to use watch ,which is a very good thing, as many might not even have a smart phone! But it does make it a lot easier. I say that, I've not even tried to do the old fashioned way. It would involve a lot of time, reading up! So I guess until I need to , I will just use the app for ease. But I only use it for the time anyway lol.

All my watches are bought because I like the design basically, not because it tells temp of can use as a compass. There are some real neat stuff in some Gs. Cool and no doubt useful . Where as I'm a little old school with flashlights (won't use phone), I am with watches (won't use phone when wearing).