What's a fair price for a new Surefire 6RT?

vacuum3d

Enlightened
Someone asked me to make an offer for this light. He claims it's been sitting on his store shelf for the last ??? years. It comes with charger and rechargeable battery. Anyone has any idea how much this thing is worth?

thx,
ernest

BigBaller

Enlightened
I dont think most of the components would be very desirable but a new 3" turbohead itsself is worth at least $100.

vacuum3d

Enlightened
The SRTH by itself is $170 from LPS, and they don't even have any to sell right now. Isn't the 3" head worth more? I'm not trying to give him more money, but I don't make a low ball offer to **** him off either.

vacuum3d

Enlightened
If there's any 6RT owner who can tell me how much they paid for theirs, that would be great.

Thx,
ernest

Size15's

Flashaholic
I don't recall exactly but I must have paid at least $100 for my T4. Perhaps more like $150. I agree - the real value of a 6RT is in the TurboHead.

I swapped the A14 for an A19 to create a three-SF123A body, and swapped the N4 lamp for an N2 lamp. If you get a 9P or D3 body and A19 you can use the N62 powered by four-SF123A's. This would be the ultimate expression of the T Series TurboHead from SureFire in my opinion apart from having a 12PM body itself.

Al

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the charging kit run's around $80-90. Just do the math 6P+A14+turbohead+N4LA+rechargeable kit=? I would make an offer of the turbo head price, if it was me or course.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try and find out what the thing retailed for ??? years ago when he acquired it and offer him 40% of that (with the presumption that the battery is probably diminished if working/chargeable at all.)

vacuum3d said:
Anyone has any idea how much this thing is worth?

thx,
ernest

vacuum3d

Enlightened
Folks, thanks for the info and suggestions. Paid $170. The lens has a couple of small dings, but I don't think I would ever find any 3" head even by itself at that price. I tried.

I find it interesting that the 6RT body is designed to house the length of 3.5xCR123. I tried to twist off the section that looks look an A14 by hand. No go.
Size15, if you're reading, how did you swap that A14?

Thx,
ernest

Size15's

Flashaholic
vacuum3d said:
I find it interesting that the 6RT body is designed to house the length of 3.5xCR123. I tried to twist off the section that looks look an A14 by hand. No go.
Size15, if you're reading, how did you swap that A14?
Thx,
ernest

Strange. Can you tell by looking inside that the body is two components?
I am of the understanding that all 6R bodies are formed from a 6P & A14 extender.
Perhaps it is screwed on very tight, or stuck together with age?

vacuum3d

Enlightened
It does look like two pieces both from the outside and from the inside view. Maybe I just have to use some tools that would give me a better grip. What's interesting is that it does not look to be a 6P+A14. The top piece is slightly shorter than the 6P. The bottom piece is of the same length as the A14, but the knurling is less pronounced. Maybe that's an older style A14?

http://vacuum3d.dyndns.org/flashlights/pix_misc/DSC00469.JPG
http://vacuum3d.dyndns.org/flashlights/pix_misc/DSC00470.JPG

schrenz

Enlightened
???

I have both, the T2 and the SRTH (on a 12PM) and the 3" heads are the greatest thrower from all Surfire Ths.
The SRTH is an awful head, small, compared with current KTs, and it's the most lightweight TH, but the 3" throw some meters more :grin2:

schrenz

Enlightened
It's very inaccurate:D , my only measure-instrument is the tower of our church, about 250-300 meters away, T2 on a 12 Volt body and N62 bulb is able to iluminate the tower's roof, SRTH, T62 and KT4 (with the same bulb) are not.

So simple, so practical :D
Best regards Jens

Size15's

Flashaholic
My experience is that the SRTH & T-62 2.5" diameter TurboHeads don't have the beam intensity of the T 3" diameter TurboHeads.
The SRTH is close and a very good compromise for less diameter and volume etc.

Al

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely right.

Those Lux measurements were for LED modules that have a 180 degree lambertian light source. When used with a regular incan lamp, the 3 incher stomps all over the SRTH.

Size15's

Flashaholic
That does look like an early A14.
Remember that the original 6P's were a tad shorter than current 6P bodies.

I'd continue to try unscrewing it...

vacuum3d

Enlightened
Size15's said:
That does look like an early A14.
Remember that the original 6P's were a tad shorter than current 6P bodies.
Ahh... it all make sense now.

Regarding the Turbo heads... well, I'll just to compare them my self. The 6RT came with an N4, which is off-centered and not impressive. The N2 in the SRTH looks to have the most focused beam, more so than the 3" head. We'll see. Thanks for all the info and suggestions.

ernest