What's a good 1AA light that is small?

Danielsan

Enlightened
To me, and YMMV, 200 lumens in a 1AA light is silly and pure overkill.

not for me, you can never have enough lumen for a EDC light because you never know for what you will need it and with the different modes you can decide how much lumen is needed

TomH

Newly Enlightened
not for me, you can never have enough lumen for a EDC light because you never know for what you will need it and with the different modes you can decide how much lumen is needed

The big thing with me is that I don't like lights that are made for one type of battery chemistry. I'd be a little leary of the battery discharge rate if I had to use an Alkaline AA with that Zebra, as I'm totally not into leaking/exploding cells.

That's one of the reasons I like the Protac 1AA. I can throw just about any AA cell into it and not have to worry about it getting all wonky on me. Hit the switch, and it just works.

Samy

Enlightened
My wife's got a Quark 1xAA tactical which she uses nightly. I know you said you don't want twisty's but does that rule out head twisting to get to a second mode? The quark has a really good rear clicky, a number of modes which you can select 2 of to use, it's got one of the best pocket clips around that won't come off or move, built to last forever, has plenty of accessories and backup. The only thing about the tactical ones is that you can't tailstand it, which doesn't mean anything to my wife but i tailstand my lights regularly so if i were to EDC a quark tact i'd be buying separately the 'standard' tailcap to replace the tactical one so it can tailstand.

I'm currently EDCing a Zebralight 1xAA SC51.

cheers

Last edited:

Latest posts