What's the amp draw of a Mag Xenonstar 6D?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All!

I would like to know what is the amp draw of a Xenonstar 6 cell bulb, I made a PT-20 mod with 2 Li-ion protected 750mah 14500 batteries, the light is very small and bright, but want to calculate the runtime, im guessing about an hour.

Do you think an overdriven KPR-118 bulb would be brighter than the 6 cell xenonstar? How many watts do you think it's making? Would it melt the reflector? So far I like this setup

Thanks!
AlexGT

Last edited:

Rommul

Enlightened
I do believe Carley makes the Xenonstar lamps according to this page current draw is a .77 amps So you should get "about" an hour.

http://www.carleylamps.com/star.htm

The KPR118 is a 7.2 volt bulb so 2 lithium ion won't be overdriving it at all.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Rommul! I decided to stay on a K-12 it's a 6v .6A krypton with a 1v + overdrive, it is brighter than a E2e and looks more like a P60 bulb, I been using it for longer periods of time (5-10 minutes) and the reflector seems to be holding fine.

I like this setup, VERY waterproof! (2000ft)

AlexGT

lexina

Enlightened
I run my Tec20 on a 5-cell Mag Whitestar krypton bulb. I think it draws about 0.65A and is prob very close in brightness to the 6-cell Magnumstar xenon bulb you are using.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I decided not to use the Xenonstar because it runs very HOT I think there is a big chance of the reflector melting. I went for a K12 krypton 6V, the light looks happier now.

Have you noticed any warping on the reflector where is closest to the bulb?

AlexGT