whats the best wolf eyes rattlesnake setup?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried the old and new Wolf Eyes 9V, and if you like flood, they're both topped by the RICO Alpha-9. It has more total output (250-lumen rating) and a wider flood, while drawing just 1.2 amps. The second-generation Wolf Eyes was whiter; other than that, I'd take the RICO any day.

I'll put it another way: I own nine DIFFERENT D36 lamp assemblies. Earlier this week, I offered eight of them for sale to a CPFer who was buying my 168A extender. Guess which one wasn't for sale? The Rico.

Where did you get the Rico lamps? If you're selling anymore incan stuff, shoot me a PM with what you've got.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the Rattlesnake with the EO-13 was bright until I bought a Surefire M6 using the FM bi-pin holder with 1185 lamps, and 3 X 17670 battery set-up. I instantly sold my Rattlesnake.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
great replys.
i read that the 12v and 13v setup were great flooders. is that with lf lamps of we lamps?
im looking for more of a flooder type light for my incan. dont need anymore throwers. i want a really white light, i like the warm white but i would prefer a very white incan beam. im probly gonna just use it for general useage, maybe like camping or walking on the shore at nite come summer. can i run a 9v bulb with say three 18650's and get a white beam or is that too much juice? im trying to find a rico alpha 9 for it also. anyone know where they can be had?

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The WE 12v lamp is a great lamp assembly.
great replys.
i read that the 12v and 13v setup were great flooders. is that with lf lamps of we lamps?
im looking for more of a flooder type light for my incan. dont need anymore throwers. i want a really white light, i like the warm white but i would prefer a very white incan beam. im probly gonna just use it for general useage, maybe like camping or walking on the shore at nite come summer. can i run a 9v bulb with say three 18650's and get a white beam or is that too much juice? im trying to find a rico alpha 9 for it also. anyone know where they can be had?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
If so, how is it done?
All lumens Factory lamp assemblies are designed to withstand the higher voltages delivered by either Li-Ion or IMR cells, you will not overdrive them by using these cells.

SureFire LAs, on the other hand, are strictly designed for primary cells with all that voltage sag in mind. That's why they look so damn white and bright when you use them on rechargeables, especially the HOLAs.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
great replys.

The WE lamps are very well balanced between output, beam shape and color, and run time....get yourself the LED tailcap as well for "emergency/walk all night" situations, it will work for few days non stop. (if you start with full cells) ......strictly two 18650's for 9V and three for the 12/13V......keep it simple and go camping/walking sooner than later :)

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the 168A extended "3x 18650 cell" set up exclusively with the EO-13. I find this to be one of my "if not the best:thumbsup:" all around useful lights I own, It's a great "light up the whole road flood beam" with easily 200 yards of throw. As far as a lot of people on hear complaining about heat, well I think they are either over exaggerating, or have never used a small high power LED light. I easily get 45 minuets of run time with this light and on MANY occasions I've ran it for the entire 45 minuets straight out:twothumbs. Non of this 5 minuets and then worrying about overheating. A good way to judge heat danger levels is this: As long as you can hold the metal section of battery tube directly over the cells then the heat is not endangering the cells, the same goes true for well heat sinked LEDs, if you can hold the head then the LED is fine. The heat only after maybe 20+ minuets get slightly uncomfortable near the neck of the light while the head is very hot, but there is nothing in there that can become damaged "incans don't care about heat:thumbsup:". LF only has to have that statement so people don't sue when they burn themselves with the head of the light, it's the batteries that you have to worry about, and as long as you hold the light it should be fine. Also I saw someone post about a oval beam shot. That's what came with my WE, and it drove me nuts. The EO-13 "mine at least" is the most perfect beam I've ever seen with no flaws including being perfectly round "I'd be quite upset with a oval beam "though some people like them:thinking:."

This is a great camp light "#1 I use" but you have to be aware it's extremely bright and people around you "especially in crowded areas" won't appreciate it to much:mecry:!

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Right now I am using the standard 2-18650 body paired with the HO-9L lamp that claims 380 lumens. I have several other 9V lamps in my duty bag as well as an extender with the 12 and 13V lamps. I own every 9V lamp that Lumens Factory and WE make and after trying them all on duty I am most happy with the HO-9L for both runtime and output.

This set up easily does all I need it to do and simply puts a huge amount of light right where I need it to be. Honestly you can not go wrong with any of the standard Wolf-Eyes lamps however the Lumens Factory stuff is simply incredible for a little added output. If nothing else I have found that the Lumens Factory stuff is very consistent as far as tint is concerned. I know they are incans however they seem to be more "white" in color than all my other incans.

The 3 battery extender and 13V lamp is nice however personally I find that when paired with the 12V lamp it makes just as much light with a little tighter beam. The standard 2-18650 body fits my belt nicely and has never failed to do what I need it to do. I am a huge fan of WE products and have been for a while now....good luck with your choice.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree: I've owned every Wolf Eyes D26 and D36 incandescent lamp, and the EO-13 is my favorite. Broad, beautiful, and efficient.

But that's history: Yesterday I shipped off my Rattlesnake and all my Wolf Eyes D36 lamps to another CPFer. I've quit incans and lithium-ions but I've been too lazy to change my signature block.

I use the 168A extended "3x 18650 cell" set up exclusively with the EO-13. I find this to be one of my "if not the best:thumbsup:" all around useful lights I own, It's a great "light up the whole road flood beam" with easily 200 yards of throw.