whats the oddest thing you have eaten?

RewopEldnac

Newly Enlightened
If i am not wrong, hotdog is mix of whatever left over from a cow or turkey etc, other that the meat.

So if u've eaten hotdog u've had every part of those animals. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

deww

Newly Enlightened
Re: Weird foods

Similiar experiences with some of the users here. Ugh! I had some processed earthworms before and some sorta other insects scooped in by the bunch. Man... and I thought I saw weird things on a plate. I've seen armadillo, but had deer (venison!), gator, sea urchin (delicacy in japanese restaurant).

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

anyone had duck blood before? i did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

UK Owl

Enlightened

Apart from the ex'es mothers cooking that was so bad pygmies used to jump up and dip their spears in the pan...

The worst was probably lavabread.
This is a welsh dish made from seaweed... Many people say they like it but I am definitely NOT one of them.

The worst sounding when you describe the ingredients is Black Pudding. This is a type of Sausage made from Pigs Blood congealed by adding oats, there are also lumps of suet in it. The sausage made with these ingredients is sliced then grilled of fried and is an integral part of a "traditional English Breakfast". This may sound disgusting, but if you have never tasted it you have missed on of the UK's better culinary experiences.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
chumley-

I LIKE those tamales! I do however doctor them up with some salsa and chopped green onions.

hummm, now I know what's for dinner!

GregR

P.S. Moose stew, Boiled Sea Cucumber, Ground Deer testicles (first wife was Chinese)

HunterSon

Enlightened

I love black pudding, or as we call them Blood Pudding. Don't read the ingredients just enjoy it! I have a strong dislike of Danish black bread, it's like eating particle board only worse.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: RE: Weird foods

Hog brains & eggs. They were good. They had a metallic taste to them.

I am proud to say that I've never eaten a booger, though. I can remember being in kindergarten, and seeing kids eating boogers. I never understood it. I couldn't grasp the idea of plucking something from one's body, and consuming it.
Still, I've even seen adults consuming these extremely common, yet strange, waxy and dust filled delicacies.

I always find myself wondering if people that eat boogers, would think it gross to eat someone else's booger.
What would they say if offered one, "No, that's gross."?

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

shankus-

Well that kinda goes along with the old saying "you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose"

GregR

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've not heard that one, but I suppose it's true.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was in Taiwan for almost 2 years and they had a mongolian bbq with four meats for the meal, they were beef, pork venison and lamb. I was there and enjoying the bbqs for 9 monthe before I found out the last deer died like 40 years previous to my arrival and also around the same time noticed a significant lack of stray dogs and asked THE question best left unanswered, by that time I was using the "venison" to the exclusion of the other meats Oh well. real birds nest soup, shark fin soup, squid octopus and probably some other exotic foods that I don't to this day want to really know what it was

draftaman

Newly Enlightened

Nothing too weird I guess, to me anyway of course I was raised on all kinds of wild meat: deer,rabbit,squirrel(mmm squirrel gravy) dove, duck,wild turkey(the feathered kind) elk, bear,grouse,phesant, ect.
In restarants I've eaten, squid,sashmi(raw fish steaks)octopus,aligator,frog legs-nothing too out of the ordinary.
Anybody here ever eaten a Ramp?
Ate some of thoes this summer. my sweety threatened me if I ever ate them again.

Negeltu

Enlightened
The number of people that become infected with parasites each year from eating raw fish is .... disgusting Yuck! Tapeworms and flukes are disgusting creatures...

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides pufferfish, the wierdest thing I've ever eaten was in a restaurant in China (forgot exactly where), where the entree was a fish that was half cooked, and the cook took extra care to keep the head alive for as long as possible; the dish was served to you with the head portion still alive...

That's all I'll say... Don't know if I want to think about it anymore.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
the dish was served to you with the head portion still alive...

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Sounds like a great way to make your appetite disappear. In fact, I think I'll skip breakfast this morning....

Peter

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah,

I'm sure eating all the stress and death hormones circulating in the dead and dying fish flesh is really healthy. Ughh. That's pretty bad.

Almost as bad as eating live monkey brains out of the skull cup.

Wilkey

dark star

Enlightened
There is a Chinese resturant nearby that serves

flaming pig intestines
bamboo fungus soup

my Chinese friends tell me both are quite good !

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
Besides pufferfish, the wierdest thing I've ever eaten was in a restaurant in China (forgot exactly where), where the entree was a fish that was half cooked, and the cook took extra care to keep the head alive for as long as possible; the dish was served to you with the head portion still alive...

[/ QUOTE ]
There was a segment about this on Maximum Exposure last year. They showed how the fish body was scaled, then showed how they dunked only the body in boiling oil, then showed them presenting the half-alive fish to the people who wanted to eat it. I couldn't watch it anymore.
I like my food fresh, but not alive.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif