What's the smallest brightest LED flashlight

Amonra

Enlightened
Re: What\'s the smallest brightest LED flashlight

it's not smaller than the CR2 lights

wei

Newly Enlightened

I prefer Henry's HDS EDC ultimate 60GT, it's not the smallest, but the best working on one CR123A.

Surefire_Rocks

Newly Enlightened

or the firefly. Also maybe simply the E1e with a kl4 head.

sithjedi333

Enlightened

I would go with the Firefly if size is a concern, particularly on a keychain like mine is. I love it, and it's significantly smaller than the following...

For a pocket light, take a look at the Aleph, HDS and Lionheart.

moses

Enlightened

I'd say my original 'Larrylight' from Tvodrd which the firefly duplicates is my first small bright light. I still have the original handmade unit with two bodies from Larry although I never used it.

Much brighter than that would be my Jets22 mod of the ARC LS. This has been my constant carry for well over one year and it's been to many countries overseas. Of course, it is larger but still great as EDC. He hand selected what was then his brightest T ranked if I remember correctly and this thing is BRIGHT with a great even spot when I added a NX-01.

Currently, the brightest in my arsenal would be a 1 amp (3.5-4 watts) unit that is a bit smaller than the ARC LS. This time, my brother designed the circuit himself, drew it up, had it made, and also made a custom body to go around it. Smaller than the ArcLS but running over 3 watts at 59 minutes. It is bright with the NX-01 or Fraen. The head is done but he's redrawing the body to make it even smaller. So, that's the best balance of small/bright so far. But of course, runtime of only about 1 hour on a standard 123 lithium.

Moses

Amonra

Enlightened

im seeking a keychain light to replace my V8 micro with something MUCH brighter.

moses do you want to sell your larrylight? is it a CR2 one ?

iimagine

Newly Enlightened

Have you seen my Pierce M10 light? Check out the size and the power output. It may truly be the smallest light for its brightness.

Go to ebay and search on "Pierce M10"

sithjedi333

Enlightened

iimagine,

When will the new version be out? What changes do you have planned? Thanks!

AW

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
FRANKVZ said:
If you're talking a key-chain light, this is Arc AAA size and promises to be very bright. <a href="link" target="_blank">Brass 1W Peak AAA Mod. (Lux 3) </a>

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is indeed the brighest and smallest flashlight I 've ever seen.

AZLight

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
iimagine said:
Have you seen my Pierce M10 light? Check out the size and the power output. It may truly be the smallest light for its brightness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I just bought your flashlight on ebay with my monthly beer money. It better be good otherwise I will be in the dog house because my wife said so.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cy, what optic system is that, the cut down NX05 or the IMS So17X?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
AZLight said:
[ QUOTE ]
iimagine said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I just bought your flashlight on ebay with my monthly beer money. It better be good otherwise I will be in the dog house because my wife said so.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pierce M10 is the smallest/brightest I have for a light.

The M10 is the same height and slightly wider than a Fire~Fly 2. My Fire~Fly 2 has a TW0J emitter, Wizard 2 650, and measures 640 on my lux meter.

My M10 runs exactly 500mA and puts out 670 lux. Essentially the two lights are the same lux output.

When the M10 is switched over to high output the current draw is 1060mA and the lux reading jumps to 1080. The M10 easily out lights the Fire~Fly with almost 70% more light.

Far smaller than the Fire~Fly or M10 would be my beautifully made Katokichi Ichishiki CR2 light. The KI light puts out a lot of lux for its size. I get 930 lux out of my KI light that runs at 630mA. In a month I might have something for the KI light that will beat the 930 lux and could match or exceed the M10. That is another story about something that presently doesn't exist.

The M10 is currently my bet for small and bright.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think the jill lite rev (dd) might be smaller in size to the orb and M-10. VDG

cy

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
GarageBoy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

firefly uses a cutdown NX-05, when tuned by pushing out .070 produces the wonderful beam you see posted.

lots has been posted about refector VS optic on firefly. IMHO the only way you can get a decent reflector in FF is to enlarge FF head.

otherwise to get so17 to fit, you have to remove so much reflector area. efficency goes way down.

KI is a perfect example of so17 turned properly to fit a very small head.

Note a small reflector may have brighter hotspot, but a properly tuned optic will deliver more lumens.

IMHO my EDC Li14430 w/optic and CR2 li-ion is currently holding the most lumens to cubic inch title.

cr2 14430.JPG

Wong

Newly Enlightened

Can anyone post photo of the "Pierce M10" ? I try to seach on Ebay but can't find /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks

sithjedi333

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
[ QUOTE ]
GarageBoy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

firefly uses a cutdown NX-05, when tuned by pushing out .070 produces the wonderful beam you see posted.

lots has been posted about refector VS optic on firefly. IMHO the only way you can get a decent reflector in FF is to enlarge FF head.

otherwise to get so17 to fit, you have to remove so much reflector area. efficency goes way down.

KI is a perfect example of so17 turned properly to fit a very small head.

Note a small reflector may have brighter hotspot, but a properly tuned optic will deliver more lumens.

IMHO my EDC Li14430 w/optic and CR2 li-ion is currently holding the most lumens to cubic inch title.

cr2 14430.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

cy,

I have to respectfully disagree with you on using the S017XA reflector in the Fire~Fly. You do not have to remove any of the reflector surface. It definitely yields a brighter hotspot than the tuned NX05, with very useable spill. It really is a very impressive beam. The output is similar to a Nuwai Q3, but with a brighter hotspot and slightly dimmer spill (the Q3 is known for being a little more floody than other 17mm reflectors).