What's up with Zebralight Customer Service?

Taylorcrafty

Newly Enlightened
I have owned and given away several Zebralights over the past few years and always been very pleased.

I bought one of their new models a couple weeks ago, and it quit on me on a hiking trip (coulda been a lot worse).

I was selecting modes and it just shut off. Now it shows no signs of life with known good batteries etc, except that if I press the button about 10 times rapidly it will give a short flash.

Seeing as Zebralight was a standup company, I assumed warranty would be no problem.

However all I got was some useless suggestions and then radio static. Very disappointing.

And... their phone's message mailbox is full.

Anyone have any tips on how to proceed?
view

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, ask them for switch repair. They will be happy to that. 15$ includes repair and shipping. Once in their hands they need to test it and when zhey see it's not working then they need to recover it...
Just saying[emoji41]

Taylorcrafty

Newly Enlightened
So you're saying ask for "switch repair" in their little chat form, then ship it to them with $15?

Thanks

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP you did not hear back from them recently as in over the holidays? If that was the time then that is why you did not hear more back. I have used ZL CS before and holy smokes they were helpful. Now that the holidays are over I suggest that you take the advice above about switch repair. They SHOULD be nothing but helpful. Good luck ZL's are overall some of the best lights made and worth knocking on their door should you have a problem.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a feeling something is going on with Zebralight as almost every one of their new models is backordered or out of stock. Hopefully they pulled them off the site to fix the widespread H1 shutoff problem on the MKIV models(finally as its been going on for over a year).

Hopefully you get your issue sorted in short order OP[emoji106].

Edit: looks like a bunch are back in stock now(they weren't when I checked a while back). Hopefully they have fixed the issue and are not still sending out flawed lights.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I had to return a headlamp a while back, i will admit it was a little frustrating at times, all done through their web site. Lack of comms during the 5+ weeks iirc. However, they came through in the end, they also did not charge me $15 as i complained. They even sent me a new headband along with the repaired ZL back.

I love zebra's, they are cool, their ano is 2nd to only surefires natural HA imo. Small, compact, good UI. But for me in the UK, shipping to Texas, then they has to ship from Texas to China themselves added weeks. Its not put me off the brand, but its not a manufacturer i would invest in for 1 light that i would depend on........no way.

Olight for example was done in 3 days all in, but that was Ireland and they sent a replacement.
Fenix once sent a new head out, 2 weeks, a charger another time......2 weeks.
Nitecore i had to ship off, that was close to 4 weeks and to China.
Acebeam have shipped me a charger, little difficult comms to start
Klarus.......some things are better off not said! Needless to say, i dont buy anymore.

Being UK, if i had to ship USA, no doubt i have to expect 4+ weeks also. Thankfully no need so far.

Good luck, dont give up they will sort, as mentioned holidays etc can get in the way.

Latest posts