What's wrong with this beam? Do i need a new reflector?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the surface of the reflector actually peeling? If so, contact Dereelight, or the dealer you got it from, and request a new smooth reflector.

The beam won't be perfect with a smooth reflector, especially with one as small as the one in the C2H. I don't see much to complain about in your beam, you shouldn't notice that in actually use. However, if you see the reflective surface flaking away from the reflector, that is something worth being concerned about.

Also some people need to look up "White balance" and realize the tint they see on their monitor probably doesn't match the actual tint if you were looking at the beam in person.

1996alnl

Enlightened
That beam looks alot better than my TK11. Mine is very off centered but i don't care because it's not noticable outside.
As far as the line,again i don't think it's an issue in actual use outside.

STi

Newly Enlightened
Yes..The top of the reflector is peeling... It's small but easily noticable.

I have an Ultrafire A1 with Q5 inbound this week and will compare the 2 lights.

This light is loud on medium and high but turbo is silent.

The good thing is it's Bright! The main reason i bought it!

Love the white color vs the warmer Q5 in My fenix...I hope the A1 is white as well!

I do want to try the OP but like throw so i might just wait.

Is the surface of the reflector actually peeling? If so, contact Dereelight, or the dealer you got it from, and request a new smooth reflector.

The beam won't be perfect with a smooth reflector, especially with one as small as the one in the C2H. I don't see much to complain about in your beam, you shouldn't notice that in actually use. However, if you see the reflective surface flaking away from the reflector, that is something worth being concerned about.

Also some people need to look up "White balance" and realize the tint they see on their monitor probably doesn't match the actual tint if you were looking at the beam in person.

Last edited: