What's your ideal watch?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought an IsoBrite ISO100 series which uses the new T100 tritium tubes in in. The watch is amazingly bright in comparison to other tritium based watches. I love it!
images

images

I have had one since they first came out. Super solid watch. After 2 days of using it, I gave my Luminox to the wife. If you like trits, this watch is for you.

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast

The STEINHART Nav.B-Uhr Limited gold Edition and I love it.
47mm
seconds dial
sterile black face
sapphire glass front
sapphire glass back
bright blue glow
nice leather strap
manual wind
It keeps very good time and I wear it almost every day.
I enjoy checking and winding a watch.

The only thing I did was put a buffalo strap on it.

Last edited:

stockae92

Enlightened
The Casio PRW3000 can really be the one ideal watch if you don't need smart watch or analog hands.

It has solar atomic, 24hr STW and CDT, world time, multi alarms with snooze, ABC function if you need them, its comfortable and low profile.

tumblr_nyi1vpU0d61usl35ao1_1280.jpg

markr6

Flashaholic
$11 Casio AW80D-1AVCB I picked up on amazon. Seriously! Beat it up, replace. I don't have to worry about trashing an expensive watch. Been there, done that too many times.

I use the count down timer ALL the time. Stopwatch occasionally. Everything else is fluff.

fineshot1

Newly Enlightened
I go with the Casio Alarm Chrono W96H but used to have the Twin Graph which they no longer make.
The accuracy is excellent for the price.

ven

Flashaholic
Beautiful, yet simple/classy design, out of my price range though.

For me I tend to have watches not for occasions but for general wear no matter what, be it going to work, out and about, to working in the garden........

So at the moment i have 3, one i have worn for many years through thick and thin, beater but been a good watch

Kids got me a casio for Xmas, this i have worn every day since and will continue to. I like the chrono style watches

Maybe one day a deep blue as love dive watches! and love some of their's, one with tritium even better!, do like some of the nite ones too.

:)

stockae92

Enlightened
Garmin Fenix 3 is almost the perfect watch.

GPS, ABC, smart watch all in one. Its oversized but not unmanageable. For my use, I only need to charge it once every 3 weeks. The software still needs a little polishing, but this can be a one-24-7-watch, except for boardroom meeting. :D

tumblr_o0lp2axyBb1usl35ao1_1280.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well, with Covid still lingering on, my ideal watch is now one that requires as absolute little maintenance and servicing as possible. So, a basic 3-hander with a reliable solar-powered, long-lasting battery.

Basically most of the models part of the Citizen Eco-Drive line.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My ideal watch is one that reliably indicates the time within a few minutes a month. Anything else is a bonus.

I like automatics but those I have owned tend to run fast a few minutes a day. Battery operated tend to quit running without warning. Kinetic automatics are nice but to swap the battery is a pain and the batteries are pricey. Hand wind are great but oops I forgot to wind it this morning. Solar are maybe the best compromise. I have 12 year old Citizens that still work like new and you just stick it under a lamp to keep it charged.

fulee9999

Enlightened
my citizen diver for me. 200m waterproof, seems pretty resistant to shock and the accidental banging against the wall, and runs 6 seconds fast a day uncalibrated. it is the civilian version of the citizen marine militare which was the italian navys official watch, and this watch promted the creation of the wildly popular seiko skx007

previously I had g-shock but I figured I wouldn't want to change batteries, and the solar watches wouldn't be compatible with my lifestyle

1656272179580.png

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
My perfect watch is probably something like the Glashütte seventies panorama date with perhaps a platinum-Iridium alloy case & bracelet? Grey dial. Reduce size to 36mm, add a full balance bridge & maybe one of those fancy silicon hairsprings. Also reduce the beat to 3hz to increase the power reserve & lengthen service Intervalls. How about some gold chatons & diamond bearings? fusee? Invar plates & bridges? Glass-ceramic balance? Helical balance spring? ...and a power reserve indicator. Now its getting expensive...

Hey, you asked..

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like automatics but those I have owned tend to run fast a few minutes a day. Battery operated tend to quit running without warning.
A few minutes? Did you used to work at CERN by any chance? In all seriousness, even low-end automatic calibers can be expected to perform within 20-30 sec. a day. But those can easily be adjusted to run less then 10. A better automatic will do <10 out the box, chronometers usually <5. But that's of cause with regular servicing every 5-10 years.

Most quarz calibers feature end-of-life indicators, they should kick in weeks or even months before it stops ticking.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I would really like, is an F91w with the 3229 module like the one in my DW5600e. This is currently my only watch, and I love the countdown timer with auto repeat and the ability to see the time in other modes. I do also really enjoy the smaller, lighter, thinner F91 as well, but this module is great.
IMG_3712.jpeg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Citizen BM7080-03E in every way, but with a good automatic movement in it. I do love mine, but it's going to be a headache replacing that solar rechargeable battery in it when it does finally give up the ghost.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Owned many watches through the years. I always go back to a Multiband 6 solar G Shock. Currently my watch of choice is my G Shock GW5000

My second brand/watch of choice would be a Marathon GSAR.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Owned many watches through the years. I always go back to a Multiband 6 solar G Shock. Currently my watch of choice is my G Shock GW5000

My second brand/watch of choice would be a Marathon GSAR.
Had one of those back in the day and lost it. Great watch. The newer atomic solar are a slightly different size than the DW5600e and don't fit me quite as well and I prefer this color scheme. Also I like the screen on the non solar models as well. If they stuck the 3229 module in an F91w I'd be in heaven.

Last edited:

Zenster

Enlightened
Citizen BM7080-03E in every way, but with a good automatic movement in it. I do love mine, but it's going to be a headache replacing that solar rechargeable battery in it when it does finally give up the ghost.
I'll first answer the OP question: My favorite watch is any Citizen EcoDrive that has the Atomic feature (auto time setting from the Denver signal).
I inherited a Rolex from my older brother, but I truly do not like that it has to be moved all the time to keep it running. All the Citizen EcoDrive needs is to lay it down in a place where any light reaches it.

To your point, my older Citizen is almost 15 years old and is of course an EcoDrive Atomic.
A few months ago, I thought the crystal was getting a little scratched so I sent it in to the authorized Citizen repair center for a replacement.
As long as I was sending it in anyway, and the fact that it was 15 years old, I also asked them to replace the rechargeable battery.
The sent it back looking great with the new crystal, but the note they sent back said that they did not replace the battery because it checked out to be perfectly fine.
So I wouldn't worry about that battery. Just use the watch until it just quits running at which time it may end up being worn on your grandson's wrist as he attends your funeral.