Whats your Summer EDC?

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whith summer and longer daylight hours and shorts with limited pocket space, do you switch to a minimal summer EDC?
I do. This works for me very well.

IMG_6642 nebo by Paul Cunningham, on Flickr

scout24

Flashaholic
My true year-round edc format hasn't changed in a while. A single cell 16340, 18350 or small 18650 light. (HDS, Okluma, Oveready, SF Lego.) A Spyderco Para3 with deep carry clip. A Swiss Army knife (Right now, a Compact) and mini Bic lighter in a small leather pocket slip. Wallet (Flip Side) keys phone glasses and one of three proven very compact high speed wireless peacekeeping devices with "refills" if I'm in-state or in a reciprocal state that day. This is my minimum off-property carry. Cargo shorts rule... :)

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
5BRALuA.jpg

Also, a Jetbeam U. Here's how it compares to an AA:
jetbeam-jet-u.jpg

boo5ted

Enlightened
ZT0456F and a Eagtac D3A or Reylight LAN, just depends on which light I grab first.

48147779147_0230a7b857_b.jpg

48140115363_e4f99327ef_b.jpg

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually carry the Ti Rotary, clipped to a rear pocket.
Today I left the house, to run some daytime errands, with only the Tool in a vest pocket.

I felt naked.
Even though the Ti Rotary was in my daypack, it felt "far" out of reach. LOL

udnMAA2l.jpg

Last edited:

bignc

Enlightened
At night, it's the same all year-round a Malkoff MD2 of some type, bic, chapstick, vihn modded E01, a small utility sized blade, cell phone, custom leather card case, money clip, keys (with yuji photon and leatherman pry tool) and my self defense selection. In daytime- if shorts- SHO MDC swapped for the md2 and if t-shirt instead of untucked button down \ Columbia, I size down the self defense item.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
No real change at all,my needs do not really change.

I still can not see without a light,just for a shorter period of time overall?

I don't work in shorts so nothing really changes on my person.

Lumen83

Enlightened
No change. Surefire EDCL-1T when not at work. Surefire e1e incan when at work.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't change my EDC by season, but I do change it by mood and by what's new.

Currently I have an FW3C in my pocket with 10507 optic. I love the classy look of the polished copper before it tarnishes. That said, at 168g including cell, this is a bit heavy for EDC. I'll probably go back to an aluminum FW3A.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
From my original post.
I just tried using my Nebo mycro on medium, but needed to look further ahead. So while it was on I pushed the turbo button, and turbo momentary came on! Cool.
I don't know why I did not think to try this🤔. But another useful feature for this keychain light.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
At work, I carry a Malkoff [FONT=&quot]MDC XP-L 16650 500 Lumen Flashlight all year round in front left pocket. [/FONT]

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Forgot to mention: Nitecore Tube now has permanent residency on my main keychain.

Very surprised too! I've put sooo many different tiny, compact lights on my main keychain. But my Photon Freedom has always managed to find its way back onto there. Yes, output not very impressive. But it's the only coin-cell light that is legit waterproof. And it's tiny, compact, thin size is almost unbeatable. Then I decided to try out the Tube. Not a Nitecore fan! Tried out their TIP previously. An unreliable and miserable failure! But gave the Tube a shot. Very glad I did. And love the U.I.

Tap for 5 lumens constant-on. Press and hold for momentary-on of 45 lumens. I'm happy with those output options on a keychain light.

mbw_151

Enlightened
My summer EDC is a Photon Freedom.This time of year there just isn't that much dark. In the winter I EDC a Surefire Titan-A. There is always something larger close by, if not then I carry my HDS.

likethevegetable

Enlightened
Forgot to mention: Nitecore Tube now has permanent residency on my main keychain.

Very surprised too! I've put sooo many different tiny, compact lights on my main keychain. But my Photon Freedom has always managed to find its way back onto there. Yes, output not very impressive. But it's the only coin-cell light that is legit waterproof. And it's tiny, compact, thin size is almost unbeatable. Then I decided to try out the Tube. Not a Nitecore fan! Tried out their TIP previously. An unreliable and miserable failure! But gave the Tube a shot. Very glad I did. And love the U.I.

Tap for 5 lumens constant-on. Press and hold for momentary-on of 45 lumens. I'm happy with those output options on a keychain light.

I absolutely love the design and UI of the Tube. Unfortunately, almost every one I've ever owned has had it's LED solder pad break off! So infuriating.