Where the flashlight is king

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got home from work and I see that the May 2006 issue of Law Enforcement Technology is here with an article starting on page 36 entitled, "Where the flashlight is king."

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I finally had a chance to read it. It is authored by Frank Borelli of Borelli Consulting http://www.borelliconsulting.com/ It discusses HID, LED, and incandescent. It also mentions various batteries, both rechargeable and non-rechargeable. There is also a number of lights featured sorted by manufacturer, product, lamp, battery, lumens, run time, weight, dimensions, and material. It is possible that the article will be listed here soon http://www.officer.com/publication/pub.jsp?pubId=1 Right now it lists the April 2006 issue, but I suspect the May issue will be added soon.

Nubo

Enlightened
I just want to know where the flashlight is king...

:poke:

Ok, and maybe *why*. :)

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the article from the May 2006 edition online:

http://www.officer.com/publication/article.jsp?pubId=1&id=30988

Where the Flashlight is King
Comparing features helps officers choose the right flashlight for the job

From the May 2006 Issue

By Jeannine Heinecke
Law Enforcement Technology

An Irish proverb states, "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." Frank Borelli, CEO of Borelli Consulting and law enforcement instructor with more than 23 years in the industry, has a new spin on this phrase. "In the land of darkness, the man with the flashlight is king."

Being the only person in a dimly lit building with a flashlight................

Edit:Article content removed.
CPF Rule # 5
The link was sufficient. - Empath

Last edited by a moderator:

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Lithiums also have a broad temperature function and storage range - -76 degrees to +1,767 degrees Fahrenheit. Alkaline batteries function poorly below freezing and at higher temperatures."

Say what?

mdocod

Flashaholic
it's a neat read... but there are a handfull of mistakes... no biggy though..

just like how ebay can get away with using both luxeon and xenon to describe a fill gas for bulbs.... lol.. everyone has seen it on ebay and believed it aparantly...

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a "technology consultant" for law enforcement, there are a lot of glaring technical errors in this article.

rscanady

Enlightened
I believe it was the Gladius that was used as the LED light. The strobing and broken tailcap reference points that direcetion.

Ryan

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want some of those Lithiums that tolerate 1767 degrees, I think that we can forget about having to worry about overheating problems!!

If this is a technical article, it is so full of holes that it leaks badly.

Bill