Where to buy: Triple AAA battery holder?

qqqqqqqman

Newly Enlightened
Longshot, but anyone know if someone sells the round battery holders for (3) AAA batteries in small flashlights?

If not, I guess I just have to chuck the light....

Thanks for any help~

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
you can get them from dorcy but you need to know what type of 3AAA they make all sorts of types. I have some with contacts on top/bottom, a contact plate on bottom and a spring pin on top, two roung spring contacts on top (for headlamp), two flat spring loaded pins on top (for cliplight), a spring pin and collar on top (both contacts), a spring pin and raised cylinder contact on top... and I bet there are more designs out there.

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you know the length of the 3AAA adaptor and its width , you might be able to find a cheapy $1 3AAA torch that will provide the adaptor ... You might find that this is cheaper than buying just the adaptor ... On the other hand , just use a single 18500 Li-Ion instead ... You might need to use a magnet or an extra spring to give a good contact.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
most 3AAA adapters I have seen are about the same size. It is the way the contacts are laid out that differs all over the place depending on where the switch is on the light and type of switch.

qqqqqqqman

Newly Enlightened
Ok, thanks guys....I'll have to check out options. If it matters, the flashlight is the one from Costco, I think it's called "TechLite" or sumpin' like that.

I previously just threw the old cracked one out, so I don't know the specific design of that one. I think a friend bought one of those, so maybe I can check out the design so I can source it.

Not a big deal, just hate throwing out the body....

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
FWIW, I tried a 17500 cell in a Costco light and put the light on a shelf after confirming that it would fire up. Not too long afterward I smelled electrical smoke and discovered that the electronics fried in the off position with the 17500 current.

This is the only 3aa light I've fried with a 17500.

dchme

Newly Enlightened
Ok, thanks guys....I'll have to check out options. If it matters, the flashlight is the one from Costco, I think it's called "TechLite" or sumpin' like that.

I previously just threw the old cracked one out, so I don't know the specific design of that one. I think a friend bought one of those, so maybe I can check out the design so I can source it.

Not a big deal, just hate throwing out the body....

1. If you purchased the light from Costco, they have a very good return policy. Even if you do not have the receipt, you can return the defective item and they can pull the sale record through your membership account.

2. If you are looking for a cheap AAA 3 cell holder, Harbor Freight regularly has coupons for a free LED flashlight in-store. You can often find their coupon page in the back of car magazines, Popular Mechanics, etc.

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
qqqqqqqman, just a thought. You might try asking for one at CPF Marketplace, or maybe the Custom BS&T (maybe not both, I'd ask a Moderator about doing that). It just could be that someone had a light that used the same carrier, but the light went South, however they ended up keeping the carrier. I say this, because I had a few for this reason, in the earlier days of LED lights. Unfortunately, I ended up pitching the carriers a while back, because the few of those lights I still have, I use Li-Ion cells in now.

Might be worth a try, anyway. Good luck!

Dave