Which AAA keychain light??

5Sport

Enlightened
I received the E05 tonight. Thank you everyone, it actually exceeded my expectations in size/weight and most of all useable light/brightness. My wife saw it and wanted it for herself. It looks like I may have to buy her one. She threatened to take it from me while I sleep.

If it is as sturdy as everyone sais, I'm sure it will be perfect as an EDC and a backup to my main lights.

A very nice keychain light indeed.

I also receiced a Malkoff M61L that I asked about in another thread a while back. It now sits in my 6P and1 my P61l was moved to a Solarforce that i have.

The M61L is a beautiful light and if it runs a full 5 hours at full power, I will be a happy man.

I need to stop spending my money. Make it stop Make it stop

lightguy7

Newly Enlightened
I am using the iTP EOS A-3 upgraded Titanium light with the Q-5 LED. It's maximum output is 80 lumens. It weighs 3gm. more than the Aluminum version, but since it is unfinished, there is nothing to wear away on the edges. If you put the pocket clip on backwards, you can clip the light to the bill of a baseball cap. I just bought a new Aluminum version with an R-5 LED wich cranks out 96 lumens. I cannot find a Titanium light with an R-5 LED. Does anyone know a fast and dirty way to put the 96 lumen innards in the Titanium body?

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
Any of the small Peaks are a joy to own and in the brass versions are a work of art - So many options; key-chain, pocket or momentary/twisty. A lot of fun.

I love my McKinley, Ultra-Snow and it is a real Vampire: I don't throw CR123s away any more, simply use them up in the Peak.

kwk1

Newly Enlightened
I just received a titanium EOS A-3 upgrade with R5 from Going Gear today.

I am using the iTP EOS A-3 upgraded Titanium light with the Q-5 LED. It's maximum output is 80 lumens. It weighs 3gm. more than the Aluminum version, but since it is unfinished, there is nothing to wear away on the edges. If you put the pocket clip on backwards, you can clip the light to the bill of a baseball cap. I just bought a new Aluminum version with an R-5 LED wich cranks out 96 lumens. I cannot find a Titanium light with an R-5 LED. Does anyone know a fast and dirty way to put the 96 lumen innards in the Titanium body?

5Sport

Enlightened
The titanium light weighs more than the aluminum one? Shouldn't that be reversed?

I may have to buy a Maratac just because I like the way it looks, BUT I love the E05 so far. The price was right too

Warp

Enlightened
The titanium light weighs more than the aluminum one? Shouldn't that be reversed?

I may have to buy a Maratac just because I like the way it looks, BUT I love the E05 so far. The price was right too

Aluminum is LIGHT.

Titanium is simply stronger, and relatively light for its strength

flashflood

Enlightened
Aluminum is LIGHT.

Titanium is simply stronger, and relatively light for its strength

Aluminum is also a much better conductor of heat -- over 10 times better than titanium, which is practically an insulator by comparison.

BRO

Newly Enlightened
I have owned and used both the Maratac and the Fenix AAA lights. I have been carrying my LD01 on my keychain for a long time and no issues. Bright and reliable, can't beat the package. I also own the SS LD01, but carry the aluminum version. A Little bit more money but well worth the form versus function factor. I did not carry my Maratac long, but it did chip for the little time I carried it, nice light but not as good as the LD01 IMO, of course YMMV.

w0lfATTACK

Newly Enlightened
I haven't used a Fenix E05 but I've had an E01 for almost a year already. It's taken beatings and it still works great. I even bought one for my mother.