Which is the best forum to ask about Assault Weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Justin. Do you mean carbine class as in person to person? I wonder if they have anything like that in my area? Mind you, I'm in NC so I'm guess there is. They are gun crazy here so I'm thinking they have these kinds of guns too.

By the way, what the hell am I supposed to call them as a category?

George

Yes, carbine class as in going to a range and getting live instruction from a teacher. North Carolina has Blackwater, or whatever their name is now. There a many traveling instructors as well. Pat Rogers often teaches in VA. Or you travel to their fixed location (e.g., Gunsite, Thunder Ranch).

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, I want more killing power in case I have to shoot animals for survival or plain just shoot something that wants to kill or eat me.
.223 does damage but the .308 really does damage.

You hit the target where it counts, the target falls. You don't make a good hit, it doesn't fall. Being overly concerned about caliber is something that sells gun magazines, which exist to advertise the next latest and greatest craze as if it were some brand-new invention.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I know shot placement and all that but caliber does make a difference if you have a big *** bear want to make you his bitc* doesn't it?

Empath

Flashaholic
Well, my concerns are what you have just mentioned.

Price
Available options
Reliability
Ammo and whether I should go with the AK ammo

See, the whole point of this is to buy a guy for when the end of the world comes and all that. Sure it sounds stupid but I have no need for one so this is purely in case some poop happens and poop stays that way and IF that happens and I personally think that if we leave Osama be, he'll take us there and NO, I'm not talking about Osama, I'm talking about our prez (but that's just my opinion).

Also, I think if enough people get tired of him, he might get shot and then we'll have riots and that's another reason but ultimately, it's for when and if poop hits the fan and if it does, which caliber will be the easiest to find. Surely not the Russki?

Also, I want more killing power in case I have to shoot animals for survival or plain just shoot something that wants to kill or eat me.
.223 does damage but the .308 really does damage.

That should just about do it.
Take it to the Underground.

Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.