Which lights will provide everlasting joy?

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
My vote goes to the good ol' Photon II. :laughing:
SO simple.
SO much fun.
SO much light from so small a package.

-Jeffrey

roguesw

Enlightened
if you ever get bored of your lights, you can offer them for sale at the B/S/T and let other CPFers enjoy them?
that way a light will have a purpose. because if it serves no purpose, i think maybe the lights are sad just sitting there gathering dust :)
Des

Dawg

Enlightened
So much said here that I agree with. One comment that sticks out the most for me was Parnass' quote. I too, have long given knives as token gifts to deserving persons that have crossed my path. I now find myself doing it with lights.

As for the perfect light.......Something so powerful, that it will emit a blast of light so strong that a shock wave accompanies the light and knocks things down. Kinda like cyclops from the X-men.

rikvee

Enlightened
apart from the ovious religious answer,
it would have to be the ARC LS and the SF M3:

ARCLSclassicwetlook.jpg

m3_large2.jpg

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have lights laying around collecting dust. Sure, I have about 16 lights but many are used for bicycle lighting. Have 7 bikes that use lighting so it sucks up the lights. :)

My everlasting joy lights or should I say "Once all your ordered lights, parts and components come in... you can never buy anymore flashlights" type lights are a few. If I went with only two, it would be the FF3 (can do keychain, pocket, bicycle helmet light, flasher, SOS, lanyard light, emergency light on low and pocket rocket) The second light would be my upcoming BAM four K2, 400+ lumen, multiple output, HA-III bored 8AA Mag for bicycle lighting, emergency lighting, big cannon when I need max photons type of light.

Very small 75 lumen and large 400 lumen light would fill all of my needs in a pinch. All my other lights fit niches but those two can do it all, at least for the non-flashaholic part of my brain.

faco

Enlightened
I don't know if I would call it everlasting joy, but the ARC AAA is the light I use for work daily and if I stick with this job for the next 30 years the ARC will be the everlasting light.

As for "joy".........I get this from wanting, searching, buying, & using Flashlights. I even get "joy" from selling lights, that way it makes room for more Flashlights. Although I do miss the PD.........

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
*>EverLasting JOY<*
Peak LED Solutions
McKinley 7 LED
High Power
Pocket Body

*>EverLasting JOY<*

:) I think that pritty mucch says for itself :)

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
This idea may have been addressed here but I didn't read the entire thread so, if I've "stolen" this, I defer. Everlasting joy? Clearly it is the light which for which we are waiting.....something not quite here yet..."vaporware" I belive Don calls it. Once it becomes real, in our hands, it loses the mystical status and, and the "everlasting joy" potential fades into reality. Nuttin's perfect doncha know!!

Karlthev