who got the Tactical Impact Crown from tadgear for the fenix l1p? any thoughts?

EVAN_TAD

Newly Enlightened
It uses set screws just like the version from GG and G. It will mar the finish as the screws are made of steel.

edakoppo

Newly Enlightened
D@rk Messenger said:
so it would most likely be a permanent fixture?

As permanent as a TID. I had a TID, attached it to an X5T (ti finish), didn't like it, and removed it. There are 3 small circles where the set screws attached, which are visible on close inspection, but not at any significant distance. Since the Fenixes are HAIII I can't imagine there would be a huge amount of damage done, but purists wouldn't like it.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
HAIII is thin and I don't think it'll provide a lot of protection against gouging type pressure like from a steel setscrew. That will depend on the yield strength of the underlying aluminum alloy. Mostly, HAIII protects against abrasion.

hojobones

Newly Enlightened
I had the GG&G version for my E2E. It loosened up a couple of times, but basically it was very secure. It added a surprising amount of weight though. The website says about .1 Lb. I wonder if the tadgear will be as heavy.

EVAN_TAD

Newly Enlightened
Our version is aluminum instead of steel. You can use blue loctite to secure the screws.