wife just found me out! - OH ya!

Larbo

Enlightened
Do what I did and buy her a nice light, and have her name on the package also.:whistle:

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm certain you should be able to find unnecessary fashoinable shoes in her closet and can use them to make a case that your obsession is no different than her's. . .

Sure,it's OK for the women folk to buy dozens of pairs of shoes-many that will only be worn once or twice.But if we own more than one light then we "need to see someone".

The last light I got (TK40) I told her I paid $50 for it and she freaked out, then she went to the extent of looking it up online to see how much they sell for. Yea, I'll be in the dog house for a while on this one!:sigh:

Before the internet a man could lie to his woman and get away with it.

The way I see it you'll have to come up with better lies.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just start quoting CPF frequently and showing her pics of some of the massive collections other folks have. She'll settle down. Works for me.

Geoff

Yup, people think I'm nutty....until I show them other people's flashlight collections. :D

it's funny how upset she gets when a "package" arrives at the door and for some reason (which i can not understand) she askes what is in it. When I tell her (which i always do - I would never tell her an untruth) she rolls her eyes - BUT SHE IS THE FIRST PERSON TO ASK TO USE A LIGHT! crazy women but she is there for a reason. to recieve my "packages" so i don't have to go to the OP to get them.:nana:

If you work, next time send the lights there. Discard packaging and take the light home with you in your bag/pocket. Unless you happen to work at home then hope the mailman comes at an opportune time. :devil:

This is hilarious. :crackup:
My wife has known about all my flashlights for some time now, but she still won't let it go. The last light I got (TK40) I told her I paid $50 for it and she freaked out, then she went to the extent of looking it up online to see how much they sell for. Yea, I'll be in the dog house for a while on this one!:sigh:

:eek: Whoa! :eek:

You prob need a light that has been sterilized of its markings. Next time the wifey will be searching Google for a black colored light that has a similar shape to a M@g-Lite with a tailcap button and is really bright. :lolsign:

Everyone needs an outlet/hobby or two.

Just tell her this is yours and its better than chasing women, drugs or drinking, assuming you dont do those too. :party:
Of course its a hobby, a useful hobby too. You will be smiling the next time the power goes out. :thumbsup:

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
When married, just be sure the dog house is big enough, with AC, big screen and high speed internet.

js-lots

Newly Enlightened
Look her straight in the eye and tell her "Those are not mine, I swear, I was holding it for a friend of mine". Yep, that should work just fine.

burntoshine

Enlightened
I think it's important to be as weird as possible in several other ways, so as to camouflage the effects of flashaholism.

:laughing: nice!

i guess i'm lucky in that department. my girlfriend has always known i have a weird obsession with lights. she thinks it's cute. i pretty much gradually, little by little over time let her know how much of a flashaholic i am. now, i can be myself, flashaholic and all, and everything's cool. flashlights are everywhere in our house. she was actually somewhat excited to get her purple E01 that i bought for her.

i think people that are way into strange and/or specific things are more interesting people than those who just go with the flow and do what everyone else does. i think some people are afraid to get too into anything for fear of people thinking they're weird. i say screw what other people think of me; except for the soon-to-be-wifey.

i'm weird and proud!

normal sucks!

computernut

Enlightened
Sad to hear! I have a flashlight shrine in my man-cave that my fiancee can see but my most expensive lights are always being used but I have to be careful that they don't all converge in the same spot at the same time :devil:

At least we'll all have light when we're out in the dog house :candle:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm certain you should be able to find unnecessary fashoinable shoes in her closet and can use them to make a case that your obsession is no different than her's. . .

im with this guy ^

shoes, jackets, shampoo, jewelry etc etc, women spend a lot of money on things a guy wont,

but some guys will spend $450 on a flashlight that produces 2000 lumens for only 12 minutes, keep it in a drawer and almost never use it.

which is equally useless.

:popcorn:

and my girl loves flashlights as much as me, were talking under the sheets ;)

stallion2

Enlightened
Would she rather they were all FLESHLIGHTS???????
Sounds like you may want to start stock piling those.
Man...to be a fly on the wall while that conversation is taking place.

Good luck w/ having one of the most PRACTICAL hobbies in existence.

Konad

Newly Enlightened
I started talking about getting a gun for target practice. Bought a gun case, filled it with lights. She never asked about the gun (case). Still dont have a gun, but I have lots of lights!

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My girlfriend doesn't understand my obsession, but she does accept it.

It helps quite a bit that my flashlight modding pays for my lights. I think if I was buying lights with money I needed for something else, even my girlfriend would turn on me.

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
This is hilarious. :crackup:
My wife has known about all my flashlights for some time now, but she still won't let it go. The last light I got (TK40) I told her I paid $50 for it and she freaked out, then she went to the extent of looking it up online to see how much they sell for. Yea, I'll be in the dog house for a while on this one!:sigh:

As far as my girlfriend is concerned, all of my lights cost $50 or less and I've had all of them around forever.

NDI? It was like $40, I've had it for years
E01 on my keys? It was like a dollar, it's always been there
LD10? Practically free, it was on sale months back
Quark? This is the same light as the LD10 as long as they are both not seen at once or examined closely
L0D? $7 used of course

In retrospect all those lies are starting to add up and I'm starting to feel bad...

geekswithguns

Newly Enlightened
I found that for a few weeks after hurricane Katrina I was suddenly sane in my wife's eyes (re emergency prep in general). So I second the wait for the blackout advice- or speed it along and let her see the ready.gov type sites- "honey- if our government says we need a couple of flashlights- doesn't that mean we need at least 30?"

geekswithguns

Newly Enlightened
As far as my girlfriend is concerned, all of my lights cost $50 or less and I've had all of them around forever.

NDI? It was like $40, I've had it for years
E01 on my keys? It was like a dollar, it's always been there
LD10? Practically free, it was on sale months back
Quark? This is the same light as the LD10 as long as they are both not seen at once or examined closely
L0D? $7 used of course

In retrospect all those lies are starting to add up and I'm starting to feel bad...

Then there is the all purpose line wether its flashlights, knives, etc: "got it in a trade..."

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
I've gotten so many lights/knives in trades it's not even funny. Amazing how many give a ways I win as well...

long as she doesn't see THAT Credit Card bill each month before I pay it off, life is good ;)