wife just found me out! - OH ya!

gem

Newly Enlightened
came home from work yesterday to my wife pulling all my lights from the back corner of the closet (thought they were well hidden). Let me start by saying she know that I had "a couple" lights. she asked me if they were all flashlights and I said ah? yes? she then procedded to tell me that I needed to go and talk to someone and I agreed! I have a problem (in my eyes a good one). I told her I would be happy to go talk to someone so I could convert another to the BRIGHT SIDE! she was none to happy with the response. Light is good and only getting better.:crackup:
Maybe you can convience her, it's just one of those, "guy thangs" and leave it at that. It's , Sort of like it could be like when they get all pissed off at you scoping out the babes and on the other side to conveince them one way or another when they ***** bout ya scoping out the women, , , , All ya gatta do is say, "look at it this way, "don't worry bout if I scope out other women but you surly got a huge problem if I got no interest in appreciating seeing fine women art"!

Mikellen

Enlightened
As far as my girlfriend is concerned, all of my lights cost $50 or less and I've had all of them around forever.

NDI? It was like $40, I've had it for years
E01 on my keys? It was like a dollar, it's always been there
LD10? Practically free, it was on sale months back
Quark? This is the same light as the LD10 as long as they are both not seen at once or examined closely
L0D? $7 used of course

In retrospect all those lies are starting to add up and I'm starting to feel bad...

If you're starting to feel bad you better come clean so you can regain your PeaceOFMind. :crackup:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife knows about all of my lights.

She even encouraged me to buy some of them (P60 hosts) and asks for them when we need some light outside.

hurricane

Newly Enlightened
Looks like you just "came out of the closet" ...

Life's full of small challenges, many of us seem to struggle with this. As cool as it is to own lights, it sucks to have to hide them. Oh yes, that reminds me, better put that Ra away before I go to bed.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as my girlfriend is concerned, all of my lights cost $50 or less and I've had all of them around forever.

NDI? It was like $40, I've had it for years
E01 on my keys? It was like a dollar, it's always been there
LD10? Practically free, it was on sale months back
Quark? This is the same light as the LD10 as long as they are both not seen at once or examined closely
L0D? $7 used of course

In retrospect all those lies are starting to add up and I'm starting to feel bad...

That doesn't work for me, my wife knows that I like everything brandnew and that I don't buy outdated stuff (as a 6 months old model on sale...).

I found another way : I buy customs now. The last one that arrived had written something like "flashlight without battery - 19$" on the parcel. Nope, the lady isn't stupid, she knows it cost more, but impossible to find out if it was 2x, 5x or even 20x more! ;)

Two weeks ago I arranged a big light sale : A dozen lights had to go. Half of them really went away, the "outdated stuff" more or less. Some good lights for some good people in reality and it gives me the opportunity for a dozen more lights, 2009 is saved by now and I'll stop buying flashlights in 2010, no more drinking, no more drugs, I'll be the perfect man and husband beginning on 1st january. Promised!

Where were we at? Yeah, I wanted to tell you about the two Zebralight and the McGizmo which arrived yesterday and the NDIS I bought the day before! :party:

gordonshowers

Newly Enlightened
Lol love the story! I guess it happens a fair bit on CPF.

I'm *really* lucky, because it's my wife that got ME into torches.

I have five, she has EIGHT!! I'm allowed to buy a torch any time I like, so long as I buy her one too!

Her favourite is the Gladius Nightops, and she always has 3 lights on her at any given time (including her latest, a Lummi Wee round her neck with green trits)......

JeffInChi

Enlightened
I'm pretty new here to cpf myself, and luckily I can use the excuse that i'm using them for my job, so far so good.

But reading this thread i'm starting to wonder, are there ANY females on this forum that anyone knows of? A Wife hiding flashlights from her husband or maybe even a wife and husband that both love flashlights?

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have five, she has EIGHT!! I'm allowed to buy a torch any time I like, so long as I buy her one too!

Her favourite is the Gladius Nightops, and she always has 3 lights on her at any given time (including her latest, a Lummi Wee round her neck with green trits)......

Now that's an understanding wife!

BTW "gordonshowers" you may have slip that name past the mods but the rest of us are on to the joke.:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
That's so funny! Guess you ran out of room in the gun safe eh? Luckily my girl accepts my obsession (I work night shift security and she is a nurse at the same hospital) so she knows why I buy most of my "toys". I guess I got lucky, we've always been into guns and knives, so flashlights didn't seem too weird to her (she does enjoy strobing the charge nurses).
Good luck with wifey!

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
I got out of my flashlight obsession some time ago, just so happened to be around when I broke up with my GF. Now i can buy all the lights I want but just dont feel the urge to do it anymore...

Could it be that we need the excitement of hiding our hobby from our significant other to keep this hobby alive? Just like some people thinks its exciting and dangerous having a mistress on the side?

Ny0ng1

Enlightened

WTH... :paypal: for your wife!

j/k :D

iapyx

Enlightened
My wife knows how much I spent on modding a Mag3D into a Mag85. Alltogether around 200 USD. She also knows I have three of them and a MC1160 which is also a mod.

Then she knows I have a U2. She doesn't know what it costs and she doesn't know I also have a U2A.
I use both, but never at the same time. She thinks it's just one and the same. If only she were a cpf'er then she'd notice the difference in beam shape. Donut / no donut, flood beam / more narrower beam. Low vs lower low.

And one of them has a lanyard. Now you don't need to be a flashaholic to notice that difference do you?

She also knows that I want a new (SF-)light and it's fine by her.
If only she looked up what they cost.....:whistle:

bretti_kivi

Enlightened
hmm. I think I'm not really letting it out until she's seen the Mag builds in the winter out at the summer house. Then I think there will be some.... questions.

My little monster thinks all the lights are great. She also claims to know not to play with dad's big torches. We'll see.

Bret