Worlds Brightest Flashlight, Help needed

CLHC

Flashaholic
That IS the brightest that you can NOW buy for the said Costco price. The other's like HIDs goes WAY up in price thereafter.

There's a thread somewhere within CPF that even details how to modify your Thor if you're into that.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
I just spotted this thread and read the H-S marketing hype they used as a "product description". I'm kind of nauseated thinking of comparing a plain 80 watt incan bulb as vastly superior to the light engine in a lighthouse. The crap that some folk try to pass off as fact just to sell a few widgets can amaze me. If you haven't yet get the Costco unit, you will be happy. Period. Thank you Geologist for contacting H-S about the misnomer. Its funny but sad that its passed on as fact.

PsycoBob[Q2]

Enlightened
My local BJ's Wholesale (Competitor to Cosco) has the 10Mcp Thor on sale for $25. They're mostly an east-coast company, and they have a really small website, with no online ordering or pruduct listings. Check www.bjs.com and see if they have one local to you- I'm tempted to pick up a couple just for batteries and bulbs.

PsycoBob[Q2]

Enlightened
Yeah, every time I go to that site for something (usually exact address, or phone) I worry I'll mis-type and get something... wrong. Maybe they should change it to BJSWHOLESALE.com. Wasn't there a search-engine that looked at common mis-keying and commonly-visited sites and figured out the most frequent erronious versions? Try misspelling eBay, and you'll get the shock of your life.