X990 group buy - THEY'RE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jtice

Flashaholic
Re: X990 group buy?

Great news ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yea, I really dont understand why they choose that kinda host.
I suppose it will be usable though, if its balanced nice, the tilting head will be great.
But I would rather have a water tight host, the style of the Pelican dive lights, and I actually looked into using one of those to but the X990 guts in. I will be able to tell more once I have it in hand.

Well put Charger, for full price, the host is almost enough to totally turn you off on it, but, this was a good deal you put together, and its runtime and output will make up for all that.

Thanks for your effort in this buy BatteryCharger!

-John

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just realized that the X990s went from Taipei to SanFrancisco in 1 day, and are going to take at least 2-3 days to get from SF to Portland. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

LOL, yep, thats the darn postal service for ya. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

I have noticed that kinda thing happen alot, what really bothers me, is when they say its in town,,, yet it still takes days to get to your house.
I have been known to drive down and harras them till they hand it over.

Ever figure out what shipping method you are going to use? Or about how long it will be?

heh, just thought of something, theres gonna be a ton of X990 beamshots appearing soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

-John

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
heh, just thought of something, theres gonna be a ton of X990 beamshots appearing soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we'll make the news. "There's been a rash of sightings recently all over the US of superbright white lights. Scientists are stumped." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Still don't know about shipping, I'll have to wait until they get here to weigh and measure them.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

jtice, once you got your mod worked out, I want one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Personally I like the swival head thing and the shiny chrome looks nice to me. But once it gets it first scratch, it will probably look ugly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I think the reasoning for them using the body they did was because they also make a lot of tools and this form factor was similar to those tools. It was probably easy for them to adapt over to a light and probably cheaper than designing something from scratch.

Seriously, anyone don't need there battery? You guys are so smart, I'm sure you can built a nicer pack. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I can't. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Sell me your battery pack. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Sinjz said: You guys are so smart, I'm sure you can built a nicer pack... Sell me your battery pack.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I still have to get rid of my charger (as it is of no use for me)...
Nobody wants a second charger? One at home, one in the office? .-)

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
PeLu said:
And I still have to get rid of my charger (as it is of no use for me)...
Nobody wants a second charger? One at home, one in the office? .-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you're just giving it away I'm sure I can give it a good home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't think it's much of a "charger" though, just a wall wart. I'm still a little confused about how you charge - do you just plug the wall wart into the battery? Does the battery have to be in the X990 to charge?

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do have several universal chargers (current favorite Jamara X-Peak 3) and an
512035_BB_00_FB.EPS.jpg
adapter which fits on any of these power packs.
This will do a better job (for me) charging the power pack than the original charger.
getting an adaptor from 240 to 120V would be not as easy as using the already existing devices.

jtice

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]

I'm still a little confused about how you charge - do you just plug the wall wart into the battery? Does the battery have to be in the X990 to charge?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, very good question.
I really hope the batt doent have to be in the light to charge it, but I wouldnt be suprised at all.
If so, i will have to rig up something so I can hook directly to the batt.

Anyone know what the charge times are like on this?

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

Guess what a nice man from DHL just brought me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yep, an X990 and 9 of his closest friends. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
x990.jpg

It's alot bigger than I expected. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Very nice. Battery charging. I will be contacting all the owners soon to confirm their shipping address - so be expecting a PM from me.

How long do you think it will take before my neighbors come over to see what the hell is going on tonight? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif
muuuuuuuhahahahahahaa

Hey, you dont have time to be outside playing with that thing, you have 9 others to ship !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

How is the case? Does it hold the light snug? The latches strong?
I like the fact that it comes with a case, I just hope its nice enough to trust it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

The case is very nice, I expected much less. Certainly will protect it well. Overall I am extremely satisfied with it - I think this is the highest quality "made in Taiwan" item I have ever seen.

jtice

Flashaholic

already, enough already! stop teasing us you heartless bastid! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

Alright, all the owners have been contacted. I will probably be shipping these out on monday; however, I may not be able to ship them all at once, I don't know if I'll be able to carry them all with me to work where I will ship them.

V8TOYTRUCK - yes, they will be in their original packages, either in another box or wrapped in brown paper.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take the third from the bottom on the right side and the extra battery in the middle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Woo hoo!!! Just kidding. :p

PeLu, battery? charger? Can I have them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Please, please, please!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I need a second battery. Anybody? I'm begging /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif