X990 group buy - THEY'RE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: X990 group buy?

6 shipped, 3 to go...

Fedex guy: You're back again already? These must be some pretty crazy spotlight to be worth $300!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Geheim

Newly Enlightened

As crazy as the people that pay that much for them.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

Chad

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK - everone but PeLu's lights have been shipped! Whew...I feel alot better now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now, who's up for a group buy of the X995? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Now that you guys have gotten me hooked on HID I must have more! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
995.jpg

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

Let's see...so far, the exact same package has weighed:
11.30lbs
11.40lbs
11.45lbs
11.50lbs
11.25lbs
11.40lbs
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
BatteryCharger said:
Let's see...so far, the exact same package has weighed:
11.30lbs
11.40lbs
11.45lbs
11.50lbs
11.25lbs
11.40lbs
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So which one went where? Did you keep track? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, PLEASE fix that super WIDE link. I hate side scrolling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dense fog warning tonight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I left my X990 in the back yard pointed at the sky and walked up the street to see how far I could see it. It's like the lights they use at movie premiers! My neighbor came out to get his mail..."What the hell is that coming out of your yard?!" Oh, just a flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

E

EchoSierraTwo

[ QUOTE ]
Likebright said:
I'd like one (1) Proxenon X995 if we can get them for around $200
Mike

[/ QUOTE ]Me too. put me first on the list

frogs3

Enlightened
Re: X990 Battery Charge Time

Greetings,

I just received my X990 - I was way too late to discover this forum for the group buy - and it took about 5 hours to fully charge one battery with the 150 ma charger. But at just past nine EST, when that red light changed to green, I turned on that baby out front of my house, and had about five neighbors suddenly outside. I thought I was going to get a visit from the local gendarmes wondering what an old guy in his PJ's and overcoat was doing lighting up the WHOLE street. At 75 feet the beam is unbelieveable, and closer than that, it really is like daylight. It is my humble opinion that this is the last light in this category of output, runtime, weight, that I will need. More power is just insane.

Welcome to the asylum. I already feel right at home. Again, thanks to all who have educated me.

Sincerely,

Harvey K.

jtice

Flashaholic

Harvey,

Welcome to CPF, have a seat and stay a while,,,, besides, they wont let you leave now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks for the input on the X990, mine is due to arrive this Friday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I can barely stand it.

I will be sure to give a full review, and ,,, beamshots! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-John

frogs3

Enlightened

Dear John,

The waiting is the most painful part. Wait till you have a charged battery and some darkness---then it all comes together! Tonight I took my calorie-burning power walk around the street and along a busy two-lane road to a nearby park. I had CARS flashing their headlights if I let the spill get too far into the street from the sidewalk. I intentionally returned across a totally darkened baseball field, and the X990 never lets you feel "in the dark". One neighbor on a local street came out and asked me if I was looking for something. This light can really get the folks out of their houses, even on a cold night like this (20 degrees F) when I walk by.

It has taken 5 hours to charge the second battery also, so I will just keep an eye to see if this shortens at all with use.

Since I only carry a light when I need one, this is becoming my EDC, since lesser lights just do not make it anymore.

Enjoy,

Harvey K.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
frogs3 said:
Greetings,
It is my humble opinion that this is the last light in this category of output, runtime, weight, that I will need. More power is just insane.

Harvey K.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what they all say - at teh beginning.
Then they see that 600 watt landing light....

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast

As I left my charger behind and it might be worth having another cahrging option:
Anybody please tell me polarity and dimensions of the plug?

Voltage was already mentioned as beeing some 18V DC or am I wrong?

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks like about 5 more of them are "On FedEx vehicle for delivery". I wonder how many beam shots we'll get tonight? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PeLu - the charger output is 15v, 1.5 amps. It doesn't say the polarity, but I can test it for you later. I don't know what size the plug is...