X990 group buy - THEY'RE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: X990 group buy?

Time for beam shots! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Subject: cherry tree about 20' away.
mag.jpg

3D Mag with an EverLED - light barely visible
vector.jpg

Vector 1.5 million CP spotlight
990.jpg

X990 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I thought my mag was a bright light until today! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Maybe I should fire up all 10 X990s and scare the neighbors... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

Alright, one of them has been shipped, some more will go out tomarrow, and the rest should follow on monday. I will send everyone the tracking number when I send them. Also, I've noticed that most of the buyers are in california...they should only take 1-2 days to get to you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can't believe I'm saying this, but would anyone be interested in continuing this group buy with more extra batteries and some 12v cigarette lighter adapters? Price would of course depend on how many are interested, I imagine the batteries would stay around $60 and the 12v adapters would be around $30.

E

EchoSierraTwo

Man I gotta save my pennies for one of the lights. If you decide to do another one please let me know.

Skyline

Enlightened

I'm very interested in seeing the lucky fellows get their X990s. I want to read all the reviews to convince me to get one as well. LOL. Can't wait! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here are some of my experiences with the light.

1. At the Superlight Shootouts I went to I was most impressed with the overall wall of light it could produce. Nice color, Its like a Mega L4!
The Maxabeam was great because it can focus really well and had a really nice tint to the HID.
The Megaray, well..its the Megaray. It /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

2. When I was at Sequoia with the fine CPF folks, Dat2Zip had a x990 inside the caves, I believe our guide said ''Im seeing parts of the cave I've never seen before!'' Then I knew I had to get one, but didn't want to shell out $500 for a flashlight. At $300, I just couldn't pass this deal up. Another light I was really fond of was JollyRogers blue HID light, very smooth flood beam, perfect tint.

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just turned it on in my dark bedroom...it literally lights up the whole room as if it was noon on a sunny summer day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif It lights up my garage better than 8 40 watt 4 foot flourescent tubes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

I cant wait till my next caving trip. Though that wont be till next year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Winter is setting in, grrrrrrr

Caving is one of the main reasons I wanted this light, for that overpowering, light the entire place up, light.

I dont mind too much that it wont focus real tight, throw is great, but I find a ROOM lighting beam is more usefull overall.

Have any of you tried "painting" with a light? Its amazing,

Set you camera to at least a few seconds exposure, and wave the light around, and it will "paint" light onto the scene.
I cant seem to find the pic, but I painted an entire field with my thor once.

I also did alot of painting with my 3x3W mag in alot of my caving pics.

-John

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want to take mine up to a cave, unfortuneately the only one around here is under Mt. St. Hellens...and it's closed for obvious reasons. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

heh, yea, ah, you might want to stay away from there,,, like 30 miles away!

I have to drive about 1.5 hours to get to a couple nice caves.
You have probably seen the pics, but just in case you havent.
Last trip caving.. http://www.jtice.com/images/galleries/sinks2/index.htm
Couple years before that... http://www.jtice.com/images/galleries/sinks/index.htm

Its going to be really nice to have a great "search light" like this, not a light you may end up using ALOT, due to its size etc, but when you really need to light a large area up, its gonna be sweet.

-John

E

EchoSierraTwo

jtice, your site rocks dude. thanks.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
BatteryCharger said:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but would anyone be interested in continuing this group buy with more extra batteries and some 12v cigarette lighter adapters? Price would of course depend on how many are interested, I imagine the batteries would stay around $60 and the 12v adapters would be around $30.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be in for a battery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jtice, nice pics! I'm thinking of stealing the red fire one to use as my desktop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

EchoSierraTwo. thanks glad you like them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sinjz, thanks, feel free to heat up your desktop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Batterycharger, your a MAD MAN ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
V8TOYTRUCK said:
Anyone know how long the charge time is?

[/ QUOTE ]

About 4 hours for a dead battery. The way they come you only have to charge it about an hour before you can play with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Those of you that ordered an extra battery, I have charged them for you so that you can play with it as soon as you get it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif even a charged batt? sweeeeeet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I guess 4 hours isnt too bad, your getting alot of light output for 70 minutes, from that 4 hours wait.

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

By the way, to answer my own question from earlier, the battery does not need to be in the light to charge, and the charger just plugs into the battery. I wish all my power tools were this way...