*the raggedier*
Any of you others into back yard plinking post yours

Attachments

• 20240522_223808.jpg
    20240522_223808.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 37

letschat7

Suspended
I haven't shot an airgun since 2018. I wonder if I'm allowed to once I'm off probation?

I got my first air rifle in 1996. It was kept locked up in a case with some airport type three wheel combination locks. On advice from a classmate I started at 999 and worked my way down over a few nighte to 212 at which point the lock opened and I had access. In 1997 we had a rat problem after a flood and my mother went to True Value or a gun shop and got me a box of copperhead pellets. After getting an offer of one dollar for each one killed and buried I got into the Sniper business full time. 13$ later we didn't have a rat problem and I had some new Micro Machines.

In 1999 a relative got me a Marksman airpistol thinking it was a darts game which it kinda was but really it gave me a very portable airgun I could keep on my person. It was a bit weak.

In 2000 I bought a CO2 powered eight shot Crosman S&W 59 style pistol. This was serious firepower but didn't last long until my parents found it and threw it away.

In 2001 I got a Daisy .177 pistol that looked like a Glock 17L which I figured out how to rapidly fire 30 or 50 BBs I forget how many it took and later on a proper Gamo P-23 semi auto BB pistol that was 12 or 13 shots. These were great as I was an up and coming hoodlum.

In 2002 I got a Beeman airrifle that dieseled pellets with a crack and whiff of smoke.

Then I got into handguns like Cobra CA380 and a Mosin Nagant 91/30 and didn't care as much for airguns.

If you plink and don't like the noise they are loads of fun but they aren't as interesting as firearms.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
thank god i never been in trouble with the law i was lucky my parents was very strict i didnt fear the police i feared them lol. as kid dad said if you never wanna get in troble dont ever do anything wrong. plus i always liked the police one of my child hood freinds was a cop .he would fish with me and was a menter

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rodents are easy targets. In high school, I went plinking aluminum soda cans with a BB gun on a church camping trip in Ocotillo Wells, CA. I'd shoot one can at a time until I had shot it in half with the BB gun. I had gotten very proficient. A bee decided to land on the soda can I was targeting so I shot the bee in half along with hitting the can. Saw one half of the bee still moving on the ground and put it out of it's misery with the next shot. Daisy air rifles have pretty good accuracy for short range targets.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've got one. Plenty of ammo for it. But don't shoot it. I own my CO-OP apartment outright (no mortgage). But it's an apartment. So no backyard. Technically I have a front-yard. But, it's a front-yard in NYC. So, I can't even set up a lawn-chair and just sit out there soaking up some rays. But, I'm glad I own it (the air-rifle and the apartment).

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I wonder if it's still legal to shoot in my back yard? Imagine good shoot and even a miss my shed will stop round and if that don't stop it there is a dirt mound. Mine can get loud if I shoot aloy rounds they brake sound barrier

letschat7

Suspended
Back in 2001 when gun control was all the rage because of c ucks and soccer moms were out to ruin anything remotely fun it was advised to find a cardboard box and take some old magazines and shredded newspapers and build an indoor target to shoot at.

Keep in mind that airguns such as a Daisy Red Rider or Marksman airpistol weren't very powerful and you could reasonably shoot them in a garage or down a hallway if you was very careful.

Shooting an Airsoft gun would be more ideal although the .24 cal BBs bounce around and break things.

I would say be careful and use common sense.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if it's still legal to shoot in my back yard? Imagine good shoot and even a miss my shed will stop round and if that don't stop it there is a dirt mound. Mine can get loud if I shoot aloy rounds they brake sound barrier
Make sure you aren't in a red flag law state. One complaining neighbor that doesn't know what a gun is and is triggered by the sight of a BB gun and you could have the police coming to your door trying to take away all your real guns with no due process. Helps to know your neighbors and if they are okay with it. After all, any stray rounds can end up on their property and threaten their family, property, or animals. I'm all for people having their own rights, but when there is a potential outside threat to anyone else from you using your rights, you need to take that into account from a liability standpoint. Check your local laws before doing anything.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
In my town it's not legal to shoot them anymore. Even in your own yard. No sling shots or bow & arrows anymore either because some are so powerful.

My pop shot his pellet rifle from inside through an open bathroom window into a box outside loaded with old telephone books to stop the projectile. He had one of those 1 pump kind that was pretty powerful.

letschat7

Suspended
My neighbour called the police for thinking I was shooting within 500 feet of a residence. The police came and harassed me and my friends. That was some years back.

After that I got a AR with a 100 round Surefire magazine, yeah that Surefire the same that makes our lights, and paid her a visit with the gun and would shoot 100-130 rounds every evening as soon as she got home from work in a measured out spot in someone's woods that was far enough away from houses but you could hear the gun fire.

At some point I lost my gun rights but I have enough bypasses for US gun laws that it didn't matter. I was able to acquire heavy weapons, training, and AP ammo as an unknown and prohibited person.

I always escalate things with a total disregard for the lives and safety of law enforcement or citizens since I have no obligation to follow US laws. I've been caught three times for gun or knife crime and that doesn't even deter me because I can continue doing a few more felony gun offenses before they can give me significant time.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
welli give up on useing a scope. i try to adjust it so say im shooting low on target i see on scope a arrow to adjust it up but i have no luck im still off. and my eyes sucj to bad for iron sights but at least i can hit a coke can