Youll shoot ya eye out! Air riffle thread

raggie33

*the raggedier*
when i was a ,id i shoot mine in a very small back yard i a course used my brain and was safe no one cared but i always called my neihbeers sir or mam and was polite i just liked guns and bb guns a course they wasnt so powerful back then.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
A person can still shoot BB guns that are not powerful. The most accurate BB gun is said to be the Daisy 499B

Single shot load BB into the muzzle. Sights are not designed to shoot much beyond 15 yards. Rated 240 feet per second velocity.

Certainly one of the most fun rifles we have. You really need to get Daisy match BB's for it to shine brightest, though the black Hornady BB's are decent.

letschat7

Suspended
So I really have to wonder how accurate that Daisy BB rifle is.

I had a Red Rider which is like the Sten of the BB gun world being mass produced from stamped metal and nothing quality about it.

BBs don't seem so precise either. You can buy a better grade from Gamo that is lead but most I've seen in USA are steel with a zinc or copper plating.

The barrels for guns that shoot only BBS are usually smoothbore and not rifled like a pellet barrel.

I just don't see this gun being that good. IT could be but I really can't imagine how even with a better barrel in it the design is just so basic. I don't think the trigger would be good either.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
BB guns aren't very good for real target shooting. They'll never be that accurate, barrels can wear more quickly, and the steel BBs themselves will ricochet dangerously off any hard surface. Pellet guns are the way to go. Daisy's made the model 953/853/753 for decades as an entry-level match gun. Really common with youth shooting clubs and things like that. They're really cheap used. It's strictly a target gun so get something else for pest hunting.

I was really into air guns for a while in the 2000s. Had a single-stroke 10M competition rifle that was a lot of fun. Eventually kinda migrated away from the hobby, but I still have a couple. Older Beeman P1 pistol and R7 rifle. Basic target springers made by Weihrauch in Germany.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
mine sounds like a staple gun to me ya know the kind that uses staples for heavy duty stuff ? so a course guess what im buying lol. if asked whats that sound ill show them lol. may do a switch however lol. i dobt they can here it anyways imtrying to do a test but the wind noise is hard today so im not sure what leak sound my decible meter app is recording

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
ABTOMAT, you ever get around to New Mexico USA, let me know and you can see for yourself how accurate that Daisy 499B is.

We're talking less than 10 yards in good light with a peep sight. Sitting with elbows on knees works for me.

The smooth bore barrel is removable and can be cleaned. Match BB's take their time falling down the barrel when loading.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
ABTOMAT, you ever get around to New Mexico USA, let me know and you can see for yourself how accurate that Daisy 499B is.

We're talking less than 10 yards in good light with a peep sight. Sitting with elbows on knees works for me.

The smooth bore barrel is removable and can be cleaned. Match BB's take their time falling down the barrel when loading.

How well does that shoot for you? I'm not saying a high end BB gun is inaccurate, but I'm not aware of them ever reaching the level of pellet guns?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I
How well does that shoot for you? I'm not saying a high end BB gun is inaccurate, but I'm not aware of them ever reaching the level of pellet guns?
I do not have a high end target pellet gun, but I do have a .25 pcp EDgun Lelya. It also has a scope and so is not comparable to the Daisy 499B with peep sight.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pyramyd does a good job packing pellets for shipment. Buy three get one free does not always cost less than other suppliers.

IMG_3645.jpeg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
my target is at25 meters. i need a better scope it just dont let me see far enough