your experiences for ThruNite

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
Hello Celti

May I know where do you know the TN4A does not have anti glare cotaed lens?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi David thanks for responding. My TN4A lens has none of the purple refraction/reflection tint of anti glare coating. Ive worked with anti glare coatings in optics for years and understand that depending on the glare coating properties and manufacturer can produce different tints of the glare coating from sapphire to green and gold. My TN4A lens has none of that and reflects like normal uncoated glass with near mirror like qualities. I have a TN12 which does have what looks to be a quality glare coating with a purple sheen going across the lens. Am looking forward to the arrival of my TN11 V2!

credo

Newly Enlightened
My only suggestion would be to have a live stock counter on your site. No one likes to get their hopes up only to realise the item is not in stock.

Do you guys personally inspect every torch from your warehouse to make sure it is working properly?

I know you guys are a great company, but negative experiences tend to lead to negative associations. There is nothing more infuriating than receiving a faulty product and having to return it.

Edit: Grammar

+2

A reputation can be won or lost due to very avoidable quality control issues. These are high quality and at times expensive items, customers should get a perfect product. A very critical final check of your products before they leave the production line would be essential in my opinion.

jimsmith1370

Newly Enlightened
Since you asked, I have to say that my experience with Thrunite was less than satisfactory. I purchased a TN11S last year and it suddenly quit working after a few days. I tried to contact the service department with no success. I even tried contacting using the recommendations here on this website to no avail. the competition in this industry is fierce and I have little patience for that kind of service and quality control. I really liked the look and feel of the light but you know, "once bit, twice shy". Thanks to Amazon, I ended up returning the light and bought a Nitecore P12 instead. It has worked perfectly.

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
Since you asked, I have to say that my experience with Thrunite was less than satisfactory. I purchased a TN11S last year and it suddenly quit working after a few days. I tried to contact the service department with no success. I even tried contacting using the recommendations here on this website to no avail. the competition in this industry is fierce and I have little patience for that kind of service and quality control. I really liked the look and feel of the light but you know, "once bit, twice shy". Thanks to Amazon, I ended up returning the light and bought a Nitecore P12 instead. It has worked perfectly.

Thanks for your post. and we'll make better products

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several Ti lights. My main complaint,true for many lights, is the spacing. For my pocket EDC I prefer a mid level of about 20-25 lm, and a low of about 3 for long run time. A high of around 80 -100 lm suits me fine. So if the AAA or AA edc is spaced 100-25-3 it would b e ideal for me giving a bright high, and a very usable mid range that would have rather long burn times, and a low to see when your night eyes are "on."
I don't really care whether it uses li-on or not.

My Ti3 does not feel as solid as older ones.

Jerry

WigglyTheGreat

Newly Enlightened
My first experience with Thrunite was only just over a week ago with the new TN12 neutral white. I even ordered a new Nitecore charger and some Olight 3400 batteries at the same time as I ordered the Thrunite to be sure I would be good to go. Sadly the TN12 had an issue immediately and would only turn on about half the time I pressed the button. The issue seemed to be only in the tailcap switch as the mode switch worked fine. Having some experience with some cheaper 501, 502b type flashlights, I've seen how loose parts especially in the tail cap can cause weird issues like this. I checked inside the tail cap and it was screwed in tight. Anyway, the times it did work I was happy with the output, tint, and levels so I returned that one for another. Thank you Amazon Prime. The second TN12 I received worked perfectly so I was happy. It's impressive that for the size of this thing it can put out a ton of light and the option for neutral white is really important to me. I immediately ordered a TN11s v2 neutral white and that arrived and worked without issue. I really love the throw on this one and plan to get a lot use out of it.

Though I don't have a ton of flashlights to compare these to, I have had some serious bicycle lights from, Cygolite, Niterider, Gloworm x2's, and even own two high end Lupine lights so I know a bit about lights. I've been night riding since the early 90's and I've gone from halogens, to HID, to LED and have seen the advantages and disadvantages in each. The biggest issue I've had with Hid's and Led's are with the tint being on the cool side and flatten the terrain a bit when cycling in the woods whereas I'm hoping neutral white will bring out the trail detail better and make it look more inviting at the same time. If the snow ever goes away here I can test these lights out on the trail and see if the neutral gives me more of what I want out of a light. Right now I am using the TN12 as my EDC and taking the TN11s for anything that calls for more throw. So as long as these Thrunites stand the test of time I can see myself buying more of them down road. I really like the way they are packaged too and would make for excellent gifts.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
waiting on my next Thrunite ,TN11S V2 and have very high hopes and expectations for it. The Thrunite site says it will ship March 6th. Already have brand new pair of 3400mah 18650's waiting for it and cant wait to use the extender tube set up. Im taking the apparent absence of a glare coating on my TN4A as a very minor issue and to me just Thrunite trying to hurry to meet demand. Even if my incoming TN11S V2 is missing its glare coating as well the light is still an astonishing value and for the $50 I paid for both lights they are still more than worth it I am certain Thrunite is doing what they can to straighten out any issues. I look forward to buying more Thrunites in the future.

Just how small a company is Thrunite anyways..just curious thanks

kj2

Flashaholic
My first Thrunite was a Ti. Ordered one for $5 shipped. Great deal that was! ;) After that I ordered a TN11 with extra extension tube. To run 2x 18650 was nice, and had plenty of light and tint was really cool. Something I like. Only it has two major downsides. 1: that aggressive cut lines in the body. There really hurt. 2. Only have two mode. That's why I sold it, a few weeks ago. Latest Thrunite I bought, was a TN36 modded by Vinh. Built quality is good, although I would like a slightly thicker battery-tube. Also the factory o-ring makes a tight fit. Almost too tight. Cut outs and flat parts of the battery-tube line up nice, but could be even better. Perfect line-up between all flat parts on a flashlight is always a good thing. Although most general users won't care ;)
Output specs and runtime could and should be more precise. If you say you follow ANSI guide lines, than really do so. And I do still wonder if Thrunite designs their own lights. Although you David, and Thrunite CS say you do, Thrunite has many lights that look like a OEM design. Nothing wrong with that if you do use a OEM design, but be honest if you do. There is already enough copying in this world. Bottomline, keep up the good work. Improve were possible and extend business around the world :)

Phlogiston

Enlightened
I don't own any Thrunite lights as such, but I understand that you're working with Rofis now. I have a Rofis JR40, and that's a nice light. I'm mostly standardised on 2xAA lights, and the multi-angle head is a stroke of genius for the way you can have a straight light, a right-angle light and anything in between.

I was tempted by the Thrunite Neutron 2A 2014 version - 730 lumens from 2xAA, wow - but I've decided not to buy one because of the quality control problems that have been discussed both here on CPF and on Amazon.

pinhead

Newly Enlightened
I once owned a TN30, but due to quality issues I was not satisfied with it. For this reason I do not recommend ThruNite flashlights to anyone, since service was really bad.

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
Thanks very very much for all the experiences. that is a very good feedback for us to make huge improvement! and we will stop production on some old models. and then update. we will stop T10s T10T T20s T20T.and Neutron series``` anyway. we will improve continually.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
David the over all consent on this forum for Thrunite is generally very positive. The Thrunite reviews are usually outstanding. Some of us at least respect that Thrunite is a small company doing all it can. I do admit that my TN4A not having a glare coating on the lens is to me a pretty big oversight I am sure Thrunite will do what it can as quickly as it can to improve. So current Thrunite orders on hold until March 6th including my much anticipated TN11S V2, will there be a shipping delay due to the large amount of lights I am assuming you will have to ship? My TN12 and TN4A got to me surprisingly quickly I hope there isnt a hold up due to the holiday...thank you for taking the time to address this forum!

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
Actually. we still send out the order during the holiday. but sure. we will come bak on next Monday!

Javora

Enlightened
The Archer 2A v1 that I have has been wonderful for me during the past year. Never any major issues with it. Speaking with customer service via email has never been an issue and always polite, even with the off the wall questions I have given them. I was so hoping that the TN11S v2 would have same lumen modes and output that the TN12 has. I love the low modes, it makes work so much easier. I do wonder what the difference will be between the low modes of the Archer (.2 lumen moonlight and 30 lumen low) and the TC10 (.1 lumen moonlight and 12 lumen low). As the TC10 is the current light that I'm looking at right now. But overall I feel that this is a very positive company.

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
The TN36 is an interesting and high powered flashlight, but the only reason I have not ordered one was because of what I read in the review by Selfbuilt. He mentions that within two minutes it becomes very hot. too hot to hold onto.
I also noticed that another light- the Niwalker Minimax Nova MM15 comes with an attachable carry handle.
I thought that if Thrunite incuded a carry handle for the TN36, then the heat of the flashlight would not be a big issue. I could just carry the light by the attached handle, and not worry about burning of hands.
Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.