your experiences for ThruNite

Status
Not open for further replies.

18inch

Newly Enlightened
My first ThruNite was the Scorpion V2 -- Still working like a champ, I love the quality on those.. was tempted to get the Lynx but dindt think it would be a huge difference so i skipped the chance.. What made me choose the Scorpion over other 1x18650 flashlight was the performance, build, function/UI is superb! also simply the fact that it is different and fits great in the hand is a big plus.. sometime I feel like lot of flashlight out there looks the same ...

Please make a new powerhouse light based on the Scorpion/Lynx body-- maybe 1500 OTF or more Lumen with even more throw on a single 18650? lol :bow::naughty:

btw also have the first gen Neutron 1C which still works like a champ! simple. sturdy and floody, great for everyday-

thx for making this thread :twothumbs, I almost thought that Thrunite was about to diseapear or something with the negativity and unavailability of products lately...

StriderSMF

Newly Enlightened
I plan on buying the TN11S V2 it seems like a very good deal and i have watched many video's on it and people seem to like it as well as other ThruNite lights they seem good to me, I am also interested in the TN36 good job ThruNite.

Dubois

Enlightened
Like many folks, I guess, my first experience of ThruNite was the $5 special deal on the Ti a couple of years ago. I thought it was a great little light, and ended up buying a couple of the "buddles" (ie, bundles) of 5 Ti's for a really good price. Of the ten I bought, one was DOA, but was swiftly replaced by ThruNite. All were gifted, and I've heard no complaints. In fact, pretty much everybody I gave them to was amazed by the output and quality. I've only recently replaced by own Ti, battered by my keys, with a stainless steel light. Still working after 2 years.

I then picked up the Tn10 and TN11 lights, which did have some problems, but were also sorted out promptly by ThruNite service people. Further great ThruNite pricing encouraged me to buy their Saber 1A and TN12 lights, each with great firefly modes. I edc'ed the Saber for some time - a nice, small, and useful light. The TN12 was surprisingly compact and bright (and a handy bedside light, with the firefly low). Both were very good value direct from ThruNite.

Another light I have was the Lynx, which is great, though a little heavy. My only comment about it is that I would like to see some markings to indicate the position of the modes. I keep meaning to use Tippex to make my own marks, but haven't quite got round to it.

I bought a titanium Ti from Amazon.uk a month or so ago, but sadly returned it because of the green tint.

I suppose with six or so ThruNite lights I am something of a fanboy, but I think they are great value, and innovative manufacturer.

rpm00

Enlightened
One of my first lights was a thrunite archer a1. I have to say it's one of my worst. Huge for that battery compared to competition, eats orings for breakfast, and generally just feels poorly made. Doesn't have that refined feel of a Fenix. I threw it I a glovebox where the size doesn't really matter, but overall I think it's a pretty poorly executed light.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

DaveSebring

Newly Enlightened
Howdy,

I have a TN12 and a Ti3 both in "Neutral" I really like them both.

The TN12 has such a good useful range from firefly to 1000 and the strobe is great for night time walks crossing streets it really gets cars attention! I think the side switch works very well, I have few lights with side switch but I really like the way this one works.

The Ti3 is for me the perfect keychain light it's firefly mode is unbelievably low but still actually useful, I think its the lowest low on any light I own, you actually have to allow your eyes to adjust it's so low but its only a few moments and then you realize that it is the perfect low, you can see just fine but no way your going to wake up your Wife with it in the middle of the night :)

The build is quality and the prices are very reasonable I am very happy with my Thrunite lights.

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your all comments. you had been users many years ago. And now. Thrunite had some improvements now.we now conduct different warranty. We will exchange all the defects with new during the warranty.try again? :kiss:

Dubois

Enlightened
Thanks for your all comments. you had been users many years ago. And now. Thrunite had some improvements now.we now conduct different warranty. We will exchange all the defects with new during the warranty.try again? :kiss:

Even a couple of years ago I had excellent customer service, with lights promptly replaced. No arguments, which is why I kept on buying Thrunite lights.

Phoebus

Newly Enlightened
I'm relatively new to Thrunite as a flashlight brand, and my first Thrunite was the T10 (new version). I was so impressed with the the quality and performance that I soon after bought a T10S and an Archer 1A V2. I think they're great flashlights for what they cost and I appreciate the accessories some models come with (clips, diffusers, extra o-rings, etc.).
What I'd like to see is models in a natural type III hard anodised finish, aside from basic black on the aluminium models.

kj2

Flashaholic
Do like the Lynx design, but the UI (and the selector ring) is what I don't like. No reference in which mode you are, when you're light is off. It also switched modes (selector ring twisted) when I
had it in my jeans. And didn't know the Lynx was basically a Night Reaper Estrela. Had contact with Night Reaper, and they told me Thrunite had copied their light. After communication between both companies,
there was/is an agreement that Thrunite could still make the Lynx, but according specs that Night Reaper gave.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
YES! Bring the Lynx back! Improve that crazy switch set up with detents so the user can tell where the switch is set before the light is turned on please. Possibly upgrade to the new XP-L emitter for better efficiency there and offer extension tubes for 2x or 4x battery configurations for needed extra run time. For such a heavy and sophisticated looking light it needs to offer at least improved heatsinking to keep it at higher modes for longer. There are many 1000 lumen lights on the market now that are much cheaper than the Lynx was and they offer similar or better output performance. Include a turbo head with the package so the user has that option right away and doesnt have to hunt a turbo head down on ebay. Also improve the candela for both the standard head and the turbo head. I must own 5 different 1000 lumen lights that meet or beat the Lynx in performance and cost less. For the Lynx to really come back its gotta offer a feature or combination of features that the rest of the 1000 lumen class of tactical lights do not offer. I love the sophisticated look of the Lynx! I would have bought it but the Lynx competitors are cheaper and have similar or better performance. If you could design that fancy switch to where it had detents set across its dial range AND could also tailstand that would be very well regarded here.

It MUST come with a sheath. Finding a way to improve or change regulation would be a hit as well. I would carry a Lynx Version 2 XP-L with two battery tubes for a 2x18650 set up nearly every day especially if you can keep the look of the light sophisticated and heavy duty itd be a home run. Expensive yes but I know I would buy it as soon as it came up for pre order.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello David,
Thank you for asking for input. I own the Sabre, Neutron, T10Ti,T20Ti, Ti(Christmas Edition), and TiS. I was first drawn to Thrunite because of the voltage/battery size variability. The Sabre was bought as a glovebox light because of the ability to use easily available AA batteries, although I also have 3 16340's with it so I can obtain maximum output. The quality has definitely improved over the last couple of years. I would echo my colleagues comments on two items:
1. Customer Service/availability of someone to talk with.
If I have a problem and cannot get a response in 24 hours, I am likely to not do business with a company again. Two companies that do it right are FourSevens and Zebralight. If I send an email on a Saturday at 02:00am, there is an email in my inbox within two hours that states the Customer Service Staff will be in Monday morning by 08:00am and I will have a response from a live person within a short time after that. Then,
They hold true and I get an email asking how they can help. If I send a light in for repair, both companies keep me informed every step of the way.
2. Quality Control. If you are receiving numerous complaints, either of brand new products with issues or relatively new products breaking down, reassess your Quality Control thresholds. For every customer lost due to a lack of quality control, the negative effect can have a high cost-we live in an age where almost all vendors have feedback, and also social media. If I read about products that are dead on arrival or that die for no apparent reason, I will often times choose a different product for my next purchase.

I understand the two items listed are a significant cost to do them right. Yet I can compare Surefire(the gold standard of quality control and customer service) with FourSevens, and say that despite their size, FourSevens has matched or exceeded Surefire in both areas. For that reason, I have purchased over 25 lights from FourSevens-but let me point out that because their Quality Control is so good, I rarely need to contact their customer service.

It is encouraging that you are reaching out to this forum and I thank you for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
YES! Bring the Lynx back! Improve that crazy switch set up with detents so the user can tell where the switch is set before the light is turned on please. Possibly upgrade to the new XP-L emitter for better efficiency there and offer extension tubes for 2x or 4x battery configurations for needed extra run time. For such a heavy and sophisticated looking light it needs to offer at least improved heatsinking to keep it at higher modes for longer. There are many 1000 lumen lights on the market now that are much cheaper than the Lynx was and they offer similar or better output performance. Include a turbo head with the package so the user has that option right away and doesnt have to hunt a turbo head down on ebay. Also improve the candela for both the standard head and the turbo head. I must own 5 different 1000 lumen lights that meet or beat the Lynx in performance and cost less. For the Lynx to really come back its gotta offer a feature or combination of features that the rest of the 1000 lumen class of tactical lights do not offer. I love the sophisticated look of the Lynx! I would have bought it but the Lynx competitors are cheaper and have similar or better performance. If you could design that fancy switch to where it had detents set across its dial range AND could also tailstand that would be very well regarded here.

It MUST come with a sheath. Finding a way to improve or change regulation would be a hit as well. I would carry a Lynx Version 2 XP-L with two battery tubes for a 2x18650 set up nearly every day especially if you can keep the look of the light sophisticated and heavy duty itd be a home run. Expensive yes but I know I would buy it as soon as it came up for pre order.

Your info is very helpful.really. May I know why do you like Lynx UI ?

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was tempted by the Thrunite Neutron 2A 2014 version - 730 lumens from 2xAA, wow - but I've decided not to buy one because of the quality control problems that have been discussed both here on CPF and on Amazon.

I still am interested in the 2A but I would like to see either the introduction of some thermal regulation or a bigger head and no automatic step down. Infact, both PID and bigger head would be great. The TN4A is high on my list because of the way it does manage to run without step down (but ICT in place is a good safety net). It does concern me as to how much heat gets dissipated though, not enough for me to buy one.

edit: For a neutral, the 3C is doesn't do it for me but that is because I like the warmer tints. In any case, the XP-L seems to have good reports for being a pure white. What would be great is if you start mentioning the LED bins in all your product descriptions.

Last edited:

amanichen

Enlightened
Give the Ti XP-L and Ti3 series a mode between 13 lumens and 120 lumens. Maybe somewhere around 50 lumens. 13 lumens is often too low, and 120 lumens makes the light very hot.

Dubois

Enlightened
In any case, the XP-L seems to have good reports for being a pure white. What would be great is if you start mentioning the LED bins in all your product descriptions.

The XP-L in the titanium Ti I returned was very far from being a pure white - it was a horrible green. I agree that mentioning the bins in product descriptions would be very helpful.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never sacrifice construction quality, operational reliability, and circuit efficiency (run times) for looks and fancy functions.
Keep offering neutral white.
A good beam profile is also very important.
Perhaps Thrunite can consider taking the lead in using more TIR lenses in lights. They can shorten the length of the light, and produce beam profiles which reflectors cannot due to size constraints.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts