• High/Medium/Low

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Memory for last stage selected to be used

Votes: 29 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just want to see if I am in the minority, but to me it makes sense to either have memory to remember last setting or Low/Medium/High. End of discussion.

I will add that the Memory selection might throw off the results. I wanted to give the option, but I am hoping Low/Medium/High votes won't be lost to Memory votes.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Give me low first or last setting memory, too. I kind of think this will be the majority position.

Geoff

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, I know but Patriot in the Maratac part 2 thread was trying to tell me Medium/Low/High was the most popular UI choice across the board. I am hoping he sees the results of this as the "people have spoken"

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Give me low first or last setting memory, too. I kind of think this will be the majority position.

Geoff

I think you are correct Flying Turtle. I hope Patriot realizes this after this poll is complete. I have it open for 30 days, but I doubt it will need to run that long to get the obvious results.

liquidsix

Enlightened
I just can't vote for any multi-click UIs... they're all horrible. though I suppose if I have to then I'd pick Memory, then it doesn't matter what order it comes in.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Beacon of Light
I know but Patriot in the Maratac part 2 thread was trying to tell me Medium/Low/High was the most popular UI choice across the board. I am hoping he sees the results of this as the "people have spoken"

I think you are correct Flying Turtle. I hope Patriot realizes this after this poll is complete. I have it open for 30 days, but I doubt it will need to run that long to get the obvious results.

Vote made. :)

btw Beacon if you think I'm in opposition to you in some way, I'm not...lol. I only mention this because it seems like you're a bit eager about making sure of what I realize about things. Hopefully nothing I've stated in the other thread has been taken as being against you. I was really hoping that you or one of the others would start a vote tread, so thanks for doing so. :)

gbelleh

Newly Enlightened
It depends on the purpose and output capability of the light.

I prefer med/low/high on the Maratac AAA, but low/med/high on other lights that have a much brighter medium and high. The Maratac's medium is perfect for most tasks I use it for. I like programmable lights, then you can set it up however you want.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not taking things personally at all. You mentioned you preferred medium/low/high and for some people that would be ideal. I was just trying to find out if the consensus of people here who have varied uses for flashlights, that if they also preferred medium/low/high.

I am still curious and maybe CC may address why they chose medium/low/high for the Maratec. I do know the lights I have that start out with medium that I own or have no memory I don't use as much. The Connexion original is weird as it cycles oddly and it seems like takes quite a while for the memory to reset like over a minute. Very frustrating UI, but the light is great with great runtime.

Vote made. :)

btw Beacon if you think I'm in opposition to you in some way, I'm not...lol. I only mention this because it seems like you're a bit eager about making sure of what I realize about things. Hopefully nothing I've stated in the other thread has been taken as being against you. I was really hoping that you or one of the others would start a vote tread, so thanks for doing so. :)

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will say the Quark AA has very usable low and medium modes that may or may not be the most used modes for a bunch of people but I am certainly glad the first mode that starts is the moon mode and I rarely venture out of that mode as the Quark has become my dedicated reading light, which is weird as it's like owning a Ferrari just to drive around the block to the convenience store to get a pack of gum.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Not taking things personally at all. You mentioned you preferred medium/low/high and for some people that would be ideal. I was just trying to find out if the consensus of people here who have varied uses for flashlights, that if they also preferred medium/low/high.

Good deal, glad to hear that. :thumbsup:

It does appear to be very decisive for low, med, high, so far.

sabre7

Enlightened
For lights with a really low low like the Maratac, it only makes sense to start in the low mode to preserve low light situations and for greater runtime.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 I would think the manufacturers would have thought this was as well.

For lights with a really low low like the Maratac, it only makes sense to start in the low mode to preserve low light situations and for greater runtime.