YOUR FLASHAHOLIC NIGHTMARE.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
The_LED_Museum said:
Knowing one of your custom flashlights ended up going in the garbage can (dustbin), knowing there's no hope or possibility of obtaining a replacement, regardless of the cost. :shakehead:

Yes, this has actually happened to me - my McLux Black Widow went bye-bye this way in early-October 2004. :( :mad: :green: :shakehead: :green: :mad: :(
OUCH! When I ordered my first ARC AA the vender actually did me a favor and put it in the box with a previous order. When I got the box I took out the two lights I knew were in there and then threw out the ARC AA with the packing. I thought the ARC would be in a separate box. By the time I figured it out the trash had been picked up.

It wasn't a custom light but it still hurts.

LED BriCK

Enlightened
Getting a once-in-a-lifetime chance to explore an abandoned Soviet missle silo in Lithuania, coming across plenty of darkened and closed off corridors, no one else in the group has any lights, then remembering that I left my brand-new EDC on the ship because I got tired of dealing with running it through the X-ray machine everytime I get back on the boat. :ohgeez:Oh, wait, that wasn't a dream... Live and learn, and don't leave home without your EDC!

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whipping out my awesome new Gladius, and then having it fail to light no matter how I fiddle with it.

That happened in an actual dream I had. It was not very pleasant.

JanCPF

Enlightened
LED BriCK said:
Getting a once-in-a-lifetime chance to explore an abandoned Soviet missle silo in Lithuania, coming across plenty of darkened and closed off corridors, no one else in the group has any lights, then remembering that I left my brand-new EDC on the ship because I got tired of dealing with running it through the X-ray machine everytime I get back on the boat. :ohgeez:Oh, wait, that wasn't a dream... Live and learn, and don't leave home without your EDC!
Dang LED BriCK that is down right cruel :banghead:

My nightmare would be to find myself on a dive boat far from land getting ready to do a nightdive on a perfect reef or wreck, only to discover that I forgot to pack my divelight - DOH! :ohgeez:

Jan

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loaning your light to someone. They lose it and offer you a $2 POS in return, thinking that's reasonable.

:buddies:

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Watching my friend slam the hood of my car shut when I knew my Gladius was still sitting on top of the radiator!

(luck was with me, nothing actually went crunch, there was -just- enough clearance)

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
EricMack said:
Well, indirectly but certainly affecting and probably curing my flashaholism permanently would be my lovely wife stumbling upon the PP history...:sweat: :xyxgun:
I thought you cleared it. :thinking:

This is prbably a common problem with flashaholics. Most wives dont know the value of all these lights.

LEDMaster2003_V2

Newly Enlightened
Seeing your beloved lights burn in a fire...

Dreaming that it's a dark room and you pull out your U2/T4, but someone with a dollar store incan blows it away...:mad:

Learning SF/Inova/SL is going out of business and therefore recalling all their lights:awman:...

seeing that CR123s cost 200.00 a piece...:thumbsdow

BTW this is the original LEDMaster2003. My comp messed up my password file, and I can't log on as my old UName. Tried to have the PWD emailed, but it never came... and yes I checked my junkmail folder.. Oh well.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently had another dream about a misbehaving Gladius. The odd thing is how very far these dreams are from reality. My Gladius/FM34/MUL is an absolutely spectacular combination, and has not let me down.

LEDMaster - "password file"? I don't get it. Anyway, maybe a mod can help you out somehow. Good luck.

LEDMaster2003_V2

Newly Enlightened
TigerhawkT3 said:
I recently had another dream about a misbehaving Gladius. The odd thing is how very far these dreams are from reality. My Gladius/FM34/MUL is an absolutely spectacular combination, and has not let me down.

LEDMaster - "password file"? I don't get it. Anyway, maybe a mod can help you out somehow. Good luck.

What I mean is the file where all my passwords were kept. It somehow got deleted or corrupted when Firefox updated itself.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't know your own passwords? I memorize mine.

Have you talked to a mod?

Losing your CPF password sounds like a pretty big flashaholic nightmare in itself... :candle:

Etienne1980

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks, here's a good one :

WHEN NIGHTMARE CAME REALITY : TRAPPED IN A SUBWAY

My name is Etienne, I live in France in a surburdian area near Paris. Everyday I travel on a suburban train (the R.E.R) to go to my office.
It was during a cold month of winter, around 8:30 AM, I was on my way for my office, travelling on the RER train. Everything was normal.
Suddenly in a deep and dark tunnel after the town of Vincennes, the power went out. It happens sometimes... But this time I did not know it will last for three hours !
The emergency lights switched on and the train driver asked the travellers to be calm and patient because the electrical engine of the train was broken. We must wait for a "rescue team".
We waited 2 hours then the emergency lights in the train shutted off : no more power.

I was pretty confident : my Streamlight Batonlite was carrefully packed into the backpack I carry everyday. I tried to switch on and... DEAD BATTERIES !!!

My only illumination tool was the screen of my cellphone.

The train driver launched the emergency evacuation process : manually open the doors and evacuation by the catwalk alongside the tunnel. Fortunately, the tunnel got some tiny lights but mostly, you follow a dark, dirty, old and uncomfortable catwalk.

After long minutes of slow walk, we passed by the last wagon (the tail) and continued walking the catwalk with NO SECURITY in its left side : it means someone's can fall from a 3 meters high catwalk. In the crowd, I spotted a woman with a keychain LED flashlight. At the end of the catwalk, employees were waiting for us with big flashlights, securing people while getting off the stairs.

Another train was waiting for us in the middle of the tunnel. I called my office in order to take the day off, and went to a store to buy three new expensive N-cells.

Oh boy ! Never again !

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Murphy's Law: If something can go wrong, it will. Also: Two is one and one is none.

Always carry at least two lights, and test them once in a while.