Your perfect EDC

alvdll

Newly Enlightened
SF A2 as my main EDC and E1L as backup. Most of the time I only use the A2's LED which suffice.

Sgtbjs

Newly Enlightened
My Amilite (or Jil 1.3W up if i want something smaller) with a photon II attached with a couple of split rings is pretty much perfect for me at the moment.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
BentHeadTX said:
a 3mm red LED in the head somewere for variable output red.

Absolutely right, the red led option would swing it for me.

So, summing up, L1P size, INOVA X1 finish, build quality and water proofing, Arc +4 variable clicky, flat regulation with no cut out at end (Moon mode is good), zoom lens for clean spot option, tritium or glowpaint, red alt led, oh yes...AA NiMH or Lithium or Alkalines...

Pocket clip or/and Lanyard...

Diferent heads with alternative colour combs eg: Red Luxeon with white alt or blue luxeon with UV alt etc...

Under $60...(Yeah, right!)

And just...everything!!

Be very very Bright...

flashlightguy

Newly Enlightened
I love my Arc AAA, I just wish it was a little brighter. I'd like to see something the size of the Arc with a high and a low. I have one of the origional ARC AAA lights, and it's great, but I'm thinking about buying a newer one with the CS LED.
I'm working on a lux1 LED in a dorcy at the moment. That might become my pocket carry at some point.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perfect for me would be a Nuwai QIII modified to throw farther. The SF E1L might be good but it looks like it is quite a bit longer.

Diode

Newly Enlightened
No such thing. No matter what I have, I'd always want something smaller, brighter, and with longer runtime.

teststrips

Enlightened
My CR2 Ion will eventually get here... been carrying a new Arc AAA since they came out - it's plenty bright, but I HATE the angry blue color (gives me a headache with extended use). I want something decently white to carry on my keychain. Not sure if I'm totally for the flood-only beam of the ION... it will def be nice for walking, etc, but having a SLIGHT hotspot would be nice for checking out things that are 25-40 feet way. I guess time will tell, but the wait is really hard.

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Diode said:
No such thing. No matter what I have, I'd always want something smaller, brighter, and with longer runtime.

Dang it !! I'm trying to convince myself of the opposite !!

Now I'm gonna have to go back in to therapy :D

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this a fantasy wish or what is readly available? I carry a HDS basic-60 i am very happy with, but i think a U-85 or 120 if we believe the rumors would be it for me.(I like 1X123 EDC's)

a fantasy light would be something crazy small, like a LOP, but about 60Ln with 6 setting's with a killer throw nice spill (basically like a HDS beam) Li ion recharge in a cradle but with a port for an extra battery.(AAA 3.7 lith or 3V N)
a guy can dream.....VDG

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a arc ls2-p mod

with a twoh that I ran for 150 hours(burned it in on a heatsink) to lower the vf

I upped the current to about 580ma thru the led

runs pretty kool - I should have measured the vf before installing it in my arc

reflector - ucl glass lens -etc

my r2h micro illuminator goes where my keys go
still works great

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think my perfect EDC would be based on the Inova X1. It would have a UW0H or UX0H and offer at least three levels and would be intended to run on an LiON cell but could also use a alkaline, NiMH or primary lithium cell in a pinch, but with less output.

The high would run for maybe a half hour at ~700ma to the Lux. The medium level would be a very usable amount of light and would be akin to the primary level on the HDS. Hopefully, it could run for maybe 2 or 3 hours (4 would be great) with the Lux getting ~250ma. Low would be about one or two lumens and would run for hopefully at least 10 hours with the star seeing ~75ma. Basically enough to read or navigate somewhat slowly.

Beam pattern would be a traditional hotspot/corona/spillbeam with hopefully a larger or wider than average hotspot. This could use a reduced size nFlex with less features that might allow for the smaller size.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been thinking some more about the perfect EDC and...
Going through the process of ordering a DSpeck Fire~Fly III with two chargers and three RCR-123A batteries. Have one charger/ spare battery at work and a charger/spare battery at home should keep the little beast fed. It is rather large to go on my keychain but a Lambda MicroIlluminator, Arc AA, Arc AAA and Matterhorn 3 LED have lived on the ring with no problems.
It was the smallest and brightest light I could find with multiple owner selected brightness and user interface levels that has a decent runtime. The FF-III can be taken apart and the LuxeonIII emitter (T--H) can be replaced in a year if K2 W--H for 140 lumens if need be. Uses a twistie so it will not die from switch failure, has a copper heatsink to aid in cooling and stands on end with the keychain attached. It will run on primary CR-123A lithiums if need be (max output won't work)
Yeah, it is rather thick but has the height of an Arc AAA so I can forgive it for that. Heck, even if T.I.N. likes the FF-III and is purchasing one... I know I will like it.