ZebraLight Cust Serv/Quality

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had decent service on the RMA of my H501w, but that was a basic 'It's broken send it back we'll fix it' sort of deal. I did and it came back in just over 7 weeks, they weren't very responsive to any specific questions beyond the basics and ignored a request from me to clean the dome of the emitter while it was apart as it has a glue mark or something on it.

When I had to return my SC51w I had similar experience, slow replies often ignoring parts of my previous messages, and when it never got there they still only contacted me when I contacted them. Despite me asking them to let me know if they had received it after a week and then two weeks. Now, months later, I just gave up and claimed the value from the Post Office, they still have not given me any notification of it arriving or not to this day though, despite me asking after it recently just in case. I am not too bothered as I got my money back, but if the Royal Mail didn't offer insurance up to £41 on any package then I would still be out a light and zebralight have done nothing to help that.

This is in stark contrast to my experience with Nitecore who have always taken an interest in my issues giving informed responses to my individual questions, they have been friendly and kept me informed. Going well beyond what is stated on the warranty also, I had a D10 repaired just within warranty time but after I broke it myself modding it, later I asked to have the driver upgraded to the D11.2 one and they agreed. When I told them it had a few switching issues with the new driver they contacted my local dealer and I got a brand new D11.2 for free the next day!

It took a while to actually find who to contact but is still the best CS experience I have had to date from any electronics company.

photonhoer

Newly Enlightened
I can't speak for the OP, but for me the biggest problem was lack of communication. ... A little communication would have made me a lot more patient.

fsooner

thanks for putting the thread back on track earlier. Yes, I was trying elicit responses re CS, not QC [I accept bad apples at a limited ratio.]

I agree that communication is THE ISSUE.

John

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
My only experience and need to contact Zebralight was today when I had a questions about getting out of the 2nd sub-level of high. I contacted them through their website and Lillian emailed back with the answer within an hour or so.

I'm sure returns involving China are another matter :)

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that's brutal. I guess it might be worth the extra cash to buy it through a reseller instead of directly from zebralight

I bought through Going Gear for that reason but if you use the CPF discount code it's not more expensive.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought through Going Gear for that reason but if you use the CPF discount code it's not more expensive.

It is a little more expensive for me since GG charges an additional $15 or thereabouts for shipping to me. But, if communication issues like what some had experienced with ZL could be avoided by going through GG, then I think it will be worth the extra to pay for. Unfortunately, I bought mine from ZL and is still awaiting the arrival of the lights.

Robertesq1

Newly Enlightened
Zebra Light customer Service??

Cracked the lens on my new SC80 220Lm AA/CR123A Flashlight. Tried reaching somebody and all I got was an email which I contacted and a response which instructed me to return the light. Um.... three weeks later and nothing.... so I sent a follow-up email with no results now two weeks later???? Does anyone have a contact number or any advice???

ostrograd

Newly Enlightened
Re: Zebra Light customer Service??

Yes but no tel number. I sent the light back 5 weeks ago and to email response to my follow up.

There is a phone number for them listed in the phone book: (972) 929-7213. I've never called it and don't know if anyone actually answers. I'd try emailing customer service again, and again the next day if you don't get a response. Try contacting them via the 'Contact Us' page as well as 'My Account'. In my experience, with a little prodding they will respond and will do mostly what you need, though sometimes it takes awhile.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cracked the lens on my new SC80 220Lm AA/CR123A Flashlight. Tried reaching somebody and all I got was an email which I contacted and a response which instructed me to return the light. Um.... three weeks later and nothing.... so I sent a follow-up email with no results now two weeks later???? Does anyone have a contact number or any advice???

where did you buy it? directly from them?
I am thinking that my next zebralight purchase will be from my preferred Hongkong equipment inet seller, likewise with global FREE shipping. they do fast email response and help with FREE spare parts. it's part of their excellent service and strive for customer satisfaction.

buying from Zebralight website might be cheaper .. but only a little. and your example shows that ..etc..

Robertesq1

Newly Enlightened

There is a phone number for them listed in the phone book: (972) 929-7213. I've never called it and don't know if anyone actually answers. I'd try emailing customer service again, and again the next day if you don't get a response. Try contacting them via the 'Contact Us' page as well as 'My Account'. In my experience, with a little prodding they will respond and will do mostly what you need, though sometimes it takes awhile.

Thxs for the help... I spoke with someone at ZebraLight they were the best... looks like they were aware of the light and gave me a full status update and will be getting it out shortly. Word is they are gearing up to do repairs in this country which will speed up the process!

saypat

Enlightened

wow, 5 weeks and no contact from them, and now you say they are the best??? That would not be acceptable to me. Guess I am spoiled by the king of customer service - AMAZON. I will get the 502 but in reading this I will get it from another trusted supplier. Thanks for posting. Good luck inn receiving your light promptly....

Robertesq1

Newly Enlightened

wow, 5 weeks and no contact from them, and now you say they are the best??? That would not be acceptable to me. Guess I am spoiled by the king of customer service - AMAZON. I will get the 502 but in reading this I will get it from another trusted supplier. Thanks for posting. Good luck inn receiving your light promptly....

Yes maybe I am a little bit of a low maintenance type consumer. I experienced some delays with Surefire and HDS so this didn't seem to be such a big deal.

I was just pleased to know they had it all under control. they explained the cause for the delay and indicated that unless it was a replacement part, all repairs go to china causing repairs to average 4-6 weeks....

Most important, there was no defect, I accidentally broke the crystal and they are replacing it at no cost or shipping, and they seemed very attentive were apologetic and I thought they deserved a good word here in the tread I started.

Anyway to each his own. Not sure what Amazon will do if all factory repairs go to China but I wish u well. In any event it sounds like repairs will be coming to the USA soon.

Best, Robert

Robertesq1

Newly Enlightened

Came back yesterday completely repaired at no cost. Thanks Zebralight:)

arn357

Newly Enlightened

Customer service is very slow. I had to call ZL by phone for someone to respond to my ZL email support log opened on-line. Whoever is working ZL customer support, check your support logs!!! I thought buying my SC600 from ZL direct was a good idea, NOT!

Quelalumieresoit

Newly Enlightened

Hi there, bonjour,
greetings from BELGIUM .

One experience with ZL customer support: I had to ask a pocket clip for my brand new SC 600 purchased from a UK on-line seller (the clip wasn't included in the very first batches).
I sent an e-mail directly to ZL and got an answer within two hours or so...!
The pocket clip arrived 10 days later from CHINA.

Top notch service as far as I'm concerned.:thumbsup:

low

Enlightened

I have bought most of my zebra's from ZL, but no more. They will ship it to you with free shipping. BUT if you have a problem with it or return it to them be prepared for a wait with no updates at all. The only way you will know they received it from you is through delivery confirmation.